So still no GMs to fix all the bugs?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
hrs024

Re: So still no GMs to fix all the bugs?

Post by hrs024 »

Carenia wrote:I'm new and this is the first active thread I've seen. Are there active Grand Masters around for in game problems?
usually no.
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bad Religion wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Larson and John are pvpers. Or at least PvP minded. Fethers was a pvper, but he messed up.

I think they were trying to avoid the trapped box deal, but the pouches indeed are too strong.
How did fethers mess up? the only thing he did was reply to the community instead of ignore it.
Yea, I'm pretty sure that wasn't the only thing.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Carenia

Post by Carenia »

hrs024 wrote:
Carenia wrote:I'm new and this is the first active thread I've seen. Are there active Grand Masters around for in game problems?
usually no.
so would you suggest i find another shard based around mondain's legacy? :c
<3
I remember every one who's been kind and cruel to me in this game. Thanks for helping get me on my feet!
kobra

Post by kobra »

Carenia wrote:
hrs024 wrote:
usually no.
you can try but so far demise are number one in those shards. I suggest to stay
hrs024 likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

kobra wrote:
Carenia wrote:
hrs024 wrote: usually no.
you can try but so far demise are number one in those shards. I suggest to stay
yea this is the spot, just limited staff support
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

jaasso wrote:simple, theres currently no volunteers to spend their time coding this shit for you to play for free while listening to your whining, how in the fuck can you demand something like that from anyone, everybody has their own life to deal with, people dont exist just to provide free fun for you. why not learn c# yourself and help out
Hey idiot, they are the ones that volunteered to do so? Surely it's reasonable to hold some standards?
hrs024 likes this.
Xionu

Post by Xionu »

Bad Religion wrote:
jaasso wrote:simple, theres currently no volunteers to spend their time coding this shit for you to play for free while listening to your whining, how in the fuck can you demand something like that from anyone, everybody has their own life to deal with, people dont exist just to provide free fun for you. why not learn c# yourself and help out
Hey idiot, they are the ones that volunteered to do so? Surely it's reasonable to hold some standards?
But if you volunteer to play Demise, you are held to the reasonable standard of having to wait while people code for free.

There are two sides of that spectrum.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Carenia wrote:
hrs024 wrote:
usually no.
we have active gm you can page for ingame issues, we just dont have active forum mods who response to issues on the forum.
hrs024 and Bad Religion like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Xionu wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
But if you volunteer to play Demise, you are held to the reasonable standard of having to wait while people code for free.

There are two sides of that spectrum.
That's my whole point, go look at my trapped crate bug report from over a year ago, or the pet one, or the current frenzied whirlwind one, or the casting one, all ignored. Sometimes it takes being a little douchey to make people realize how frustrated people are.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Ive also given options of people/coders/gms that are 10x faster and better to come in and address these types of issues as well as offered money to improve the server so people dont crash everytime they have a lag spike. I get the same response every time...nothing
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:
That's my whole point, go look at my trapped crate bug report ............ignored.
Eos wrote:Tinker-made traps do take into account the tinkering skill for the damage inflicted by the trap. However, you're probably not talking about tinker traps, as setting them off by yourself during PvP is not easily done.

If you're talking about Magic Trap, it doing about 40 damage is accurate:
http://www.uoguide.com/Magic_Trap
Places an explosive trap on a usable object that activates when object is used, for 10-50 points of direct damage.
(This is an AOS change. Before AOS, it did only 1 damage.)

On OSI it seems people do actually use tinker-made traps rather than magic trap, as the magic unlock spell allows you to set off a tinker-made trap when opening the container (whereas unlocking the container normally using the key would deactivate the trap). This method doesn't work here, and might need fixing. It's unclear whether this is an OSI bug, though. Fixing it may also open the way for a wide array of griefing tactics.

Then there remains the issue of "infinite use" tinker-made trap boxes. On OSI, turning the boxes a certain way, along with the magic unlock method, apparently creates a box that sets off the trap forever. This definitely sounds like a bug to me.
Eos wrote:I did some OSI testing, and unless I'm doing it wrong, just using magic unlock doesn't allow me to set off any tinker-made traps, not even once. It works just like it does here.

However, if the container is turned using an interior decorator, suddenly the trap goes off, every time it's opened, no matter who opens it.

There seem to be some inconsistencies on OSI when the container's item ID changes. For example, when the container is locked, it can still be opened by the person who locked it when facing the normal way (saying "The chest is locked, but since it's yours, you can open it"), but not when it's facing the other way ("It appears to be locked").

But hey it’s Saturday we might get an update tonight.............. you never know
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bama wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
That's my whole point, go look at my trapped crate bug report ............ignored.
Eos wrote:Tinker-made traps do take into account the tinkering skill for the damage inflicted by the trap. However, you're probably not talking about tinker traps, as setting them off by yourself during PvP is not easily done.

Places an explosive trap on a usable object that activates when object is used, for 10-50 points of direct damage.

On OSI it seems people do actually use tinker-made traps rather than magic trap, as the magic unlock spell allows you to set off a tinker-made trap when opening the container (whereas unlocking the container normally using the key would deactivate the trap). This method doesn't work here, and might need fixing. It's unclear whether this is an OSI bug, though. Fixing it may also open the way for a wide array of griefing tactics.

Then there remains the issue of "infinite use" tinker-made trap boxes. On OSI, turning the boxes a certain way, along with the magic unlock method, apparently creates a box that sets off the trap forever. This definitely sounds like a bug to me.
Eos wrote:I did some OSI testing, and unless I'm doing it wrong, just using magic unlock doesn't allow me to set off any tinker-made traps, not even once. It works just like it does here.

However, if the container is turned using an interior decorator, suddenly the trap goes off, every time it's opened, no matter who opens it.

There seem to be some inconsistencies on OSI when the container's item ID changes. For example, when the container is locked, it can still be opened by the person who locked it when facing the normal way (saying "The chest is locked, but since it's yours, you can open it"), but not when it's facing the other way ("It appears to be locked").

But hey it’s Saturday we might get an update tonight.............. you never know

sorry by "no reponse" I meant 1 that made 0 sense and pretty much proved us right.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:
Bama wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:

sorry by "no reponse" I meant 1 that made 0 sense and pretty much proved us right.
Well no update this weekend so maybe next weekend ............ you never know

"Each year, the Great Pumpkin rises out of the pumpkin patch that he thinks is the most sincere. He's gotta pick this one. He's got to. I don't see how a pumpkin patch can be more sincere than this one. You can look around and there's not a sign of hypocrisy. Nothing but sincerity as far as the eye can see."
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Hey but they are just volunteers so can't have any reasonable amount of expectation apparently.
kentares

Post by kentares »

Bad Religion wrote:Hey but they are just volunteers so can't have any reasonable amount of expectation apparently.

Please click with caution; may be spoilers ahead . :geek:

I hope this helps,

kentares
fluffhead321 likes this.