So still no GMs to fix all the bugs?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: So still no GMs to fix all the bugs?

Post by Bad Religion »

kentares wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:Hey but they are just volunteers so can't have any reasonable amount of expectation apparently.

Please click with caution; may be spoilers ahead . :geek:

I hope this helps,

kentares
It doesn't, as no one here is hopefully retarded enough to have to look up the definition of a word.

So I guess soup kitchen workers have no responsibility to maintain certain health expectations just because they volunteer? They can shit and spit in the food or harass the people they are helping? No.
Centurion likes this.
Selene
Demise Administrator

Post by Selene »

Bad Religion wrote:
kentares wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:Hey but they are just volunteers so can't have any reasonable amount of expectation apparently.

I hope this helps,

kentares
It doesn't, as no one here is hopefully retarded enough to have to look up the definition of a word.

So I guess soup kitchen workers have no responsibility to maintain certain health expectations just because they volunteer? They can shit and spit in the food or harass the people they are helping? No.
Ok so, this is how it stands at the moment and I see you like using analogy's, so we will stick with your soup kitchen one.

For the past few years we have had enthusiastic volunteers, at times having to dip in their own pockets to be able to stand outside a locked building, and do our best to help people with the resources we have.
If the head of this soup kitchen were able to provide some ingredients or better still the KEYS to the building, we may be able to perform in a more effective manner and serve better quality and indeed hot food!!, which i'm sure our service users would also appreciate. :D
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

I appreciate all the work the staff does, even if a few players start threads to be total dicks to staff.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Selene wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
kentares wrote:

I hope this helps,

kentares

Ok so, this is how it stands at the moment and I see you like using analogy's, so we will stick with your soup kitchen one.

For the past few years we have had enthusiastic volunteers, at times having to dip in their own pockets to be able to stand outside a locked building, and do our best to help people with the resources we have.
If the head of this soup kitchen were able to provide some ingredients or better still the KEYS to the building, we may be able to perform in a more effective manner and serve better quality and indeed hot food!!, which i'm sure our service users would also appreciate. :D
What about the fact yall never amost never reply to bug reports focused on pvp or suggestion threads that focus on enriching pvp on demise?
Bad Religion likes this.
Wreakage-

Post by Wreakage- »

Oh Croiky , Look it’s a wild Selene outside of her natural habitat!
hrs024 likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Selene wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
kentares wrote:

I hope this helps,

kentares

So I suppose the real issue is certain things they are not able to change and fix because owner is MIA and eos isnt around all the time, and I do get pages answered and helped about half the time in game.

This wasnt a slight at the people that are actually helpful. It starts at the top and if the person at the top is handcuffing them on certain things, then cant really blame them for those. More activity/updates/plans/transparency on the forums though can go a long way.

Selene, are you able to do things like start 1v1 tourneys and the pvp events on days like today where there are 20 random pvpers running around not really doing much? Or throw a random champ at brit gate? Those are the kinds of things for events that seem really simple and pvpers really seem to enjoy.

Thanks
Bng likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

That was beautiful Seer Selene! You're the best!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Town invasions... go!
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

ortiz wrote:Town invasions... go!
agreed!
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Can we re-open the bug fix forums where users would send fixes to be tested and added?

We don't have staff to actively code for this server, and some of the most relevant systems were added via players doing research and coding. Gauntlet point system, champion artifact drop system, a considerable part of ML stuff, all was added by player coding with staff supervision. Maybe it's time we do it again.

Of course, that would require Ryan or Eos to be here, or some other administrator must be named, but its less of a burden than having one person code, test and implement everything.
Lucifall
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

I think players just get frustrated and come to the board to moan like a bunch of cluckin chickens, but who am I to talk, Ive had my fair share of rants on these boards! my best advice, find something else to do in your free time and wait patiently I would not be surprised if something fancy came of it.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Carenia

Post by Carenia »

Legacy wrote:Can we re-open the bug fix forums where users would send fixes to be tested and added?

We don't have staff to actively code for this server, and some of the most relevant systems were added via players doing research and coding. Gauntlet point system, champion artifact drop system, a considerable part of ML stuff, all was added by player coding with staff supervision. Maybe it's time we do it again.

Of course, that would require Ryan or Eos to be here, or some other administrator must be named, but its less of a burden than having one person code, test and implement everything.
I really like this idea. it gives a chance for those who have the ability to help and the motivation to be successful to help the community out.

this is an important matter being overlooked.
<3
I remember every one who's been kind and cruel to me in this game. Thanks for helping get me on my feet!
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Awesome events this weekend, and oh look...CUB!
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

any GMs on at the moment?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

NEED A GM ON NOW FFS