BEWARE

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tanya

BEWARE

Post by Tanya »

Check out how many items you have in a backpack, and make sure you always have free space (never full backpack with 125 items).
There is a bug when your backpack full, emblems are dropping on the ground.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
hrs024, coveiro, Kato and 2 others like this.
The Silvertiger

Re: BEWARE

Post by The Silvertiger »

:o
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tanya likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

wonder how much was stolen, and how many people robbed... there NEEDS to be a warning at some point if you are spamming the pack with items, way way way too late tho, most people already cashed in, and the crooks are already in mexico with the cash laundered.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

this is not stolen... they take it from the ground...

omg people wake up there is no need to bring a pack horses to luna bank !!!
Eos wrote: [*] A barrel can also be placed in your house by using the "I wish to place a CUB barrel" command.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's a fair point that being a cunt is not illegal.

but it's also a fair point that GMs should remember people have a habit of being cunts, and should minimize the opportunities to be one.

oh look it's the left vs right debate :S
cos it's freedom vs safety from people's bad choices
seriously tho, this is why we cant have nice things.

whether you are liberal or conservative, just depends how much faith you have in people.

... there's an interesting idea you know. sorry im in a ranting mood.
but a lot of games design is getting people to choose the only path available, while not realizing it's the only path available... maybe can have cake and eat it
The Silvertiger

That's actually what makes uo great. Being unlimited by laws and regulations.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Rakka and The Instigator like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

you cant have freedom without responsibility.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:you cant have freedom without responsibility.

Calvin wrote:take on some volunteers or something, this is fucked...
Calvin wrote:you really shoulda started this at a time when you coulda stuck around for a few hours to make sure everything was okay -_-'
Calvin wrote:am i being unreasonable to expect a page to be answered within an hour in the middle of the day, on a bank holiday, when a once in 4 year event has just opened... i didn't think the topic title had a point, but it kinda does. this is actually a bigger problem than the one i was gonna report, which is a really fucking harsh exploit and afk resource gathering
Calvin wrote:not much point even reporting it if it's gonna run all day anyway -_-

will be too late to fix

Calvin wrote:this would be so fucking simple to solve IF SOMEONE WAS JUST ONLINE FFS

All of that because you were not responsible enough to read the update. Where you could/ can place a CUB barrel in your own house............

............ PM me when you have made your last post responding to this post
Last edited by Bama on April 13th, 2018, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

im responsible for my actions.

oh right you mean im responsible for the loss because i didn't read the statement?

well, if i write a note in my pocket saying "dont say hi to me or i will stab you", is it then their fault when they say hi?
i would accept this if it was required reading, but it isn't.

we have players that aren't on the forum you know?

look i can pro it if i wanted to, but i dont, i wanna play casually, and it works as a good QA for the non-hardcore players, a group the server has a problem keeping

that means how does the game play without scripts, how does it play without forum access, without miner bots, without modded clients. because if that is not playable, then the game is dead because you will never get new players onto the ladder to eventually get that good.

i play this way by choice, and it's important that it is accommodated.
The Silvertiger

They had these little guild stone looking things in-game you could have clicked. Also, if you were online at that time they popped it up as a gump.

So the analogy is: a person is wearing a t-shirt that says Don't say hi to me until you've read the note in my pocket.
Selling List & Vendor

Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well within 1 hour at 1 bank, someone else did the same thing - so clearly im not alone, if you put that over 4 banks, for 25 hours, that's 100 people, which means it's not an anomaly, but a common case. (tho admittedly the sample size is too small to be scientific)

also there's the point of accessibility, we have pictures on signs, because maybe the person cant read, or cant read english. the idea is you make it as accessible as possible. so maybe the person doesn't see the stones, or isn't online, or isn't on the forum. accessibility is about predicting issues and covering as many bases as possible

now that's one practical case, and one theoretical case. the theoretical case is like - put a pop up at login, but you have to find a balance between making sure people know things, and not shoving stuff in their face. all im saying is that what was there was not enough - as shown by the practical case.

it's irrelevant really anyway, this is just a question of how accessible the event info was. the real issue is that there wasn't a gm on to say either way. it might be a bit much to ask for at least 1 gm to be on at all times, but it was a massive event...

but yeah the point bama is im responsible for my choices, but i cannot choose things i am not aware of.

i don't mean to be arrogant about this, but im not talking out of my ass, i have a £30,000 bachelor of science degree in computer and video games design - while that's not an argument in itself, im just saying i have literally studied all this stuff

it's not a big deal anyway, just annoying, but something to be learned, and a bug highlighted. i learnt my bit ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

make them go to the bank box and send a message like everything else does.

it even does that if you get an arti in doom with a full pack