Theorycraft Template

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Dispiro

Theorycraft Template

Post by Dispiro »

Here we go again. Another attempted modification to the sampire... This is for single / few target pvm. Not intended for spawning. I have always liked the sampire, but I would like to try something different without the fire resist / garlic / slayer vulnerability issues.

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Chivalry
110 Tactics
80 Anatomy
80 Parry
80 Resist

100 Str
125 Dex
25 Int

The idea is to use 100% LL weapon instead of VE. I am building this now using breath of the dead as the weapon. Biggest downside is the slow swing speed with no SSI. I plan to target 150+ stamina with gear. This will mean I need to keep divine fury up at all times for the 15% SSI. In addition to that, I need an additional 5% SSI for 1.25 swing speed. I plan on crafting turquoise rings until I get a usable 5% SSI one. That takes care of the LL and SSI.

I will be using M&S for the HLD. Rest of the suit will be 4-5 mod leathers with LMC, MR, and stam / mana / hp increase. I have most of the suit put together already, and the stats are almost where I want them. Last step is to craft the turquoise ring with SSI.

Not using VE removes the slayer vulnerability, no fires resist penalty, and now I have the ability to use pots since I have bushido & parry, and breath of the dead is a 1H weapon. These are the primary reasons for the template. Plus having chiv and necro on same template always irked me.

The specials on bone harvester are not well suited to pvm (mortal may be useful), so I will be relying on momentum strike, lightning strike, and counter attack for my main sources of damage.

My main concern is mana... I plan to be human for the passive MR, but I do not think I will be able to add enough MR to the suit to be useful. I bought an RBC to see if that will help, but I have my doubts. If mana turns out to be a major issue, then I will drop 10 - 20 skill points from each skill except Swords to add in meditation. Or perhaps I could drop LL to 50%, go with crafted weapons, add mana leech, and spam AI like everyone else.

Sooo... anyhow I will be making this character regardless of anyone telling me this is a terrible idea. I will report back when this is complete, or regarding any modifications.

Let me know your thoughts / suggestions!
Tanya likes this.
LEAD

Re: Theorycraft Template

Post by LEAD »

Are you gonna have mana leech weps?
Thats my only question...keep me informed it seems pretty cool
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

LEAD wrote:Are you gonna have mana leech weps?
Thats my only question...keep me informed it seems pretty cool
My first attempt at this will not have mana leech. I will only be using breath of the dead for the 100% LL. Mana is my main concern. I have a few ideas to address that if / when it is an issue.

I am excited about this build and will keep you informed for sure!
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

A secondary goal of this would be to make it more survivable in pvp situations. This is not intended as a pvp character, but I would like to be able to take more hits than a sampire. I may drop some skills to add in 90 healing. Will close wounds + confidence + pots be good enough to survive a mage dump?
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Dispiro wrote:
Sooo... anyhow I will be making this character regardless of anyone telling me this is a terrible idea. I will report back when this is complete, or regarding any modifications.

I'm wondering to see how it works in pvm
in case it doesn't you can always try this modification to the sampire :D http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... f=10&t=314
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
MMMartin

Post by MMMartin »

well, chivalry 120 in demise dont give any bonus, not more damage, not more heal or cure chance, nothing bonus, if are you make 115 chiv you will get 100% chance for all spell

95 skill enought for EoO 100% casting and best is 65-70 for mostly spell possible use
Tanya likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

you could also make a shadow striker, its kinda like an edited sampire
Discord: Amish#1299
Tanya likes this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Dispiro wrote:
My main concern is mana... I plan to be human for the passive MR, but I do not think I will be able to add enough MR to the suit to be useful. I bought an RBC to see if that will help, but I have my doubts. If mana turns out to be a major issue, then I will drop 10 - 20 skill points from each skill except Swords to add in meditation. Or perhaps I could drop LL to 50%, go with crafted weapons, add mana leech, and spam AI like everyone else.

You can use wraith form and it gives you very good mana leech.
So life leech - weapon 100% LL Breath of the Dead
Mana Leech - can use wraith form (meditation is too slow for a pvm dexxer)
ssi - 15ssi divine fury + 5ssi ring - 20ssi at 1.25 sec swing which is max
So in my opinion the biggest problem can be stamina leech, or need to cast divine fury too often
(which means you want high fc/fcr in this template)
well all depends with what monsters you are fighting, this can work.
I am currently crafting ssi rings, and spend for materials already 100kk+ :D
Peerless Hunter
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

Tanya wrote:
Dispiro wrote:

You can use wraith form and it gives you very good mana leech.
So life leech - weapon 100% LL Breath of the Dead
Mana Leech - can use wraith form (meditation is too slow for a pvm dexxer)
ssi - 15ssi divine fury + 5ssi ring - 20ssi at 1.25 sec swing which is max
So in my opinion the biggest problem can be stamina leech, or need to cast divine fury too often
(which means you want high fc/fcr in this template)
well all depends with what monsters you are fighting, this can work.
I am currently crafting ssi rings, and spend for materials already 100kk+ :D
Ok. I do believe that passive mana regen will not be enough. What if instead of wraith, I used a double strike weapon with ~50 HLL and HML. I would keep consecrate up at all times, and would probable use the 2H dashio for double strike / feint. Is this something I should try? I really do not want to add necro or SS to this.

Thanks!
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

yes you can try daisho/katana/q-staffs for double strikes, they are all good
50 HLL sadly is not enough :( But you can try :)
Peerless Hunter
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

My think was with double strike spam 50 LL x 2 = 100 LL. Not sure that is how the math would actually work :p
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Dispiro wrote:My think was with double strike spam 50 LL x 2 = 100 LL. Not sure that is how the math would actually work :p
This will not work on every monsters... where do you hunt?
Peerless Hunter
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

This will be a peerless / doom hunter for the most part
Tanya likes this.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »