A new veteran questions!

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
DoubleDown12

A new veteran questions!

Post by DoubleDown12 »

Hello!
I played UO back when it started in 97 for about 5 years. I just downloaded it again and i'm trying it out again. So much has changed....

2 part Question...
1) I'd love to join a guild. What guilds are the the top 5? I'm mostly PVM but sometimes do PVP. Much of the newer content (ha! newer since 2002 or so) seems to need groups from what I have read.

2) I have my templates of where i'd like to get my 3 characters to get to. Wondering what stats (str, dex, int) would be optimal for my builds
a) A tamer/chivalry/bow -
b) A Necro/Mage
c) a tank (sword/healing/hiding)

Looking for any advice!
BeserkerX likes this.
Calvin

Re: A new veteran questions!

Post by Calvin »

you can have 4 accounts, so make 4.

get a mage with a no reg suit, start making a crafter, and make an adventurer :)
either way it's good to get your 4 accounts up and aging
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

For the archer/tamer I would suggest something like this:

110 Animal Taming
110 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
120 Archery
90 Tactics
105 Bushido
85 Chivalry

I would use +taming, lore, and bushido jewelry to boost skills as much as possible. Using a Cu Sidhe to tank, you can deal massive damage with honor (virtue - needs bushido to use), Armor Ignore (composite bow weapon special), and Enemy of One (Chivalry Spell). Use Confidence (bushido spell) and Close Wounds (Chivalry spell) to heal yourself. Heal your pet with Vet.

Stats would be to target would be 100+ strength, 120+ dex (150?), and as much int as you can get to get a reasonable amount of mana (50+). I would use a human for the passive mana regeneration from Jack of all Trades racial bonus.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

get an assist agent, either razor or UOsteam, but one of them :)
DoubleDown12

Post by DoubleDown12 »

Dispiro wrote:For the archer/tamer I would suggest something like this:

110 Animal Taming
110 Animal Lore
100 Veterinary
120 Archery
90 Tactics
105 Bushido
85 Chivalry

I would use +taming, lore, and bushido jewelry to boost skills as much as possible. Using a Cu Sidhe to tank, you can deal massive damage with honor (virtue - needs bushido to use), Armor Ignore (composite bow weapon special), and Enemy of One (Chivalry Spell). Use Confidence (bushido spell) and Close Wounds (Chivalry spell) to heal yourself. Heal your pet with Vet.

Stats would be to target would be 100+ strength, 120+ dex (150?), and as much int as you can get to get a reasonable amount of mana (50+). I would use a human for the passive mana regeneration from Jack of all Trades racial bonus.

Ahh ok. I was training all of those except Bushido - I had Meditation instead. I'll switch it over. Thanks for the advice!
DoubleDown12

Post by DoubleDown12 »

Calvin wrote:get an assist agent, either razor or UOsteam, but one of them :)

i'm using razor and ultimate mapper. are there any others that would help?
Dispiro

Post by Dispiro »

Switch over to UOSteam. Macros are much more flexible
DoubleDown12

Post by DoubleDown12 »

I flipped to UOS but it keeps randomly crashing the UO client.