General questions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Tz

General questions

Post by Tz »

Hi, new to the game and I have some questions...

My lady and I have finally put together enough cash to get a niceish set of armor. We're currently outfitted in the finest LRC duds second floor Despise would drop for us.

We're both mage tamers by default (have dexxers of course, but not as mains) so we're looking to get a nice suit and arn't really up on all these attributes.

I've recently got lockpicking up to gm and want to open the paragon chests that we've collected opened, but thought I'd better ask if "luck" on our suit would affect the contents, or how important luck was for a main in general.

Any insight into a good suit for us would be helpful, thanks!

Tz
pimpinez

Re: General questions

Post by pimpinez »

you question is to general in UO you will need multiple suits if you want to min max for different spawns, peerless, guantlet, char templates, ect. Some of us build suits just to make lame artifacts work. But in general for pvm caster suit dont matter much once your good at managing the monsters AI but you will want luck, lrc, fcr ,fc, mr, resist & lmc.

i recommend going for either staff of magi or swords of prosperity or the scrappers book + chaos library shield. The first pair gives you dci weapon skill which will help survival and the later gives you 4/6 casting. If you want a more casual approch then you would first find a spell channel weapon with luck enhance it with gold and find a shield spell channel with dci and enhance it gold or find wood shield enhance it with bloodwood. generally i keep these kind of items on my vendors but im currently remodeling my vendor house.

Luck does not affect paragon chest, and the loot isnt worth while to farm really. Only lvl 6 is worth doing if you need some of the martys and just wanna do some casual play. it generally faster to just buy what your looking for because they are so cheap though.

Luck will affect your mob loot intensity on items. for example, you will roll 4 mods jewelry instead of 1 mod, or you might get 20 lrc instead of 8. It also affects your odds for dropping artifacts & rares. id suggest making your own tailor eventually. But i got some decent suits for new player around 120k-420k and they are just suit no weapon shield or jewels but i could add those as well pretty cheap.
Last edited by pimpinez on May 14th, 2018, 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tz

Post by Tz »

Thanks for the low down.

I do have a tailor, 110 atm, and a smith at 100, but no runic anything to make anything worth while.

so what I'm reading from your post is that luck is a very important attribute and something I'll want to have a lot of in a pvm basic suit.

We havn't done any special spawns as of yet, only been dungeon crawling for our money and have no idea what the special spawns required or why we'd even want to do them (I assume special loot) so we're a little ways from building a specialized suit for them.

how much do those artifacts you mention typically cost? I have a boomstick atm... thats about the only decent item i've got. She doesn't have anything worthwhile atm.

how much luck is the minimum? what kind of suits have you got for the new player?
pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

buy the plain scrappers book 150k the chaos library shield is like 150k-300k eventually buy swords of prosperity for your luck suit. id say 400+ luck is good. i didnt really notice much going from 400 to 1300. but it does make a difference in the server code you will notice a slight consistent boost in loot but will prob be junk anyway and your monthly pull of really good item will be about the same. The armor pieces will be very expensive to min max currently i even dropped to 800 ish luck to pick up better stats on my suit.

swords of prosperity is few KK i think it about 2kk-3kk atm and mepho is 1.5kk these 2 pieces are 500 luck. max luck on runic armor is 140 per piece. there is also a knife and shield to get max luck but prob need orny to make it work. i prefer having 120 weapon skill on my tamer from the swords of prosperity anyway.

also you can use honor & busido to reach 1000 luck without mods on something like a dexxer or archer tamer very effective and can be played with pretty bad suit.
Fallen1

Post by Fallen1 »

if you like the mage tamer template, might I make a suggestion, and say try to add necro and spirit speak into the template. Using wraith form for mana leeching off offensive spells, and some other benefitial spells will really increase your damage output and lessen your struggle with mana issues. In order to res pets, you will need to find some vet jewelry to swap out when needed, because you will have to drop your vet down to around 60-65 in order to gm the necro and spirit speak with a 720 skill cap. Luck is only good if you are out farming for loot items, otherwise it doesn't play too much of a role in anything else. Even my gauntlet char has only 600 luck. Damage output is more what you will be after for such. And also, for pvm purposes, damage increases are not capped for either DI or SDI so try to stuff as much SDI as you can into your suits. 3 good starter pieces, if you can get decent 20 lrc pieces, would be kasa head piece with 12 sdi, a scrappers book at 25 sdi, and the pendant of the magi with 30 lrc and 5 sdi. Other artifacts you may look at adding into your suits later on, will be spell woven britches, armor of fortune, midnight bracers, sash, intel boots, vesper museum shield/arcane shield, and orny. Coupled with a good 0/3 or 1/3 sdi ring and a good pair of crafted gloves, you should be pushing close to 60-70 sdi and able to leech mana off of any mob easily. Once you have pieces like necro bracers and bloodwood totem, you will be able to readjust your skills to maximize their potential (120 eval and 120 spirit), as they will give you an extra 35 skill points to play with.
There is an even more advanced hybrid template that adds spell weaving, but you have no vet using that template, which makes it difficult to res a pet if you don't keep gift of life on it. You will also lose some skill points in eval and spirit speak as well to make 96 weaving.

Necro Mage Tamer natural 720 skill cap build:
106 taming
115 animal lore
115 eval intel
104 magery
100 necro
115 spirit speak
65 vet

Note: These 2 builds are designed more for doing champ spawns or large bosses and not so much for luck farming. So keep that in mind as well, when considering these builds. They will work, they will just have considerable less luck in their suits, due to all the needed pieces to make the build for max sdi.
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

I can give you armor. Nothing epic, but it will probably be better than what you have. Best way to make gold: elf reset bods for talior. On all my chars except main, I kept a bulk order deed book and .1 tailor. Even on humans. You can collect a bod every hour. A book of 500 sells for 1kk+(not exact on prices, so maybe more). This is how I initially got started.
Beermoney

Post by Beermoney »

Hello Tz, let me know what you're looking for or need and I can see what I have for you and "your lady"
Tz

Post by Tz »

Thanks for the offer of armor guys, but i worked up my tailor to 120 last night and picked up a couple HRSKs to burn up making leather armor for the two of us. I got a couple pieces i thought were pretty good, and enough pieces to make 2 "ok" LRC suits.

That necro build looks good. i've already got my main mostly that way, but your skill level suggestions solve some of the issues i've had with it. I'm making a bard right now as well, and have bastardized my tamer to gain skill there, but i'll be putting it back soon I think.

A question about Animal Lore though, i've got my taming at 110 and lore at 100 and seem to do ok... I can't really tell my GD to do much other than guard me, but I really don't find myself needing to do more than that for the most part. will 115 Lore really make the difference here?

I was wondering... these named items you guys are mentioning, are they still available as drops in game or only through buying from other people? I'll be honest, what I've been doin for money doesn't seem like its enough. You're talking millions, i'm proud to make like a hundred grand.

I hear you about bod resets, I'll give it a try. There any other good ways to farm up some cash?