Focus

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arden

Re: Focus

Post by Arden »

Now can we fix teleport specials, casting, and taming req on mounts! :P
atomic chicken and Sgfcat like this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Selene wrote:The Arcane circle in the vendor mall should now work. :)
How about looking at the thread i posted for fixing the poison skill so its useful in pvp. It be nice to get an admin to atleast comment on the thread since it been up forever.

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 15&t=13678
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Selene wrote:The Arcane circle in the vendor mall should now work. :)
I don't think everyone got the memo

Syn_6-25_07.50.jpg
Syn_6-25_07.50.jpg (245.63 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Syn_6-25_07.51.jpg
Syn_6-25_07.51.jpg (236.39 KiB) Viewed 2583 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

2005 to 2018 isn't a full 2 decades... any object [server or person] that has been around that long has been in 2 separate decades, but not for 2 decades. Good day!

Also, don't push your luck on PvP changes.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

So 2 decades right thank you
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Noob
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
El Kabong

Post by El Kabong »

Selene wrote: June 17th, 2018, 1:06 am The Arcane circle in the vendor mall should now work. :)
How about making that tavern or inn or what ever that is in the vendor mall work as a safe logout area so we can use our soulstones to easily get an arcane focus with or without skill?
The vendor mall is the safest place in the game. That tavern or inn even has beds though we are not allowed access to those rooms. On the official site taverns are safe logout areas and soulstones can be used in those places.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Wow, really deleted my post LOL

Quality moderation.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

Can’t even voice an opinion that focusing on shitty little quality of life changes that save 20seconds of time are dumb.
There’s a gate right there to Luna and an inn in Luna (takes probably 5s to get there) bank is right there, use bank, use soul stone (probably takes 20s depending on how many Stones you have in your bank) then (5s) walk to the vendor mall gate in Luna.
You’re saving like less than 20s, who the fuck needs this. Why is this what we should focus on? Quit being lazy fucks.
The Silvertiger

atomic chicken wrote: October 10th, 2020, 12:26 am Can’t even voice an opinion that focusing on shitty little quality of life changes that save 20seconds of time are dumb.
There’s a gate right there to Luna and an inn in Luna (takes probably 5s to get there) bank is right there, use bank, use soul stone (probably takes 20s depending on how many Stones you have in your bank) then (5s) walk to the vendor mall gate in Luna.
You’re saving like less than 20s, who the fuck needs this. Why is this what we should focus on? Quit being lazy fucks.
You may voice your opinion, but please be respectful of other players. Thank you!
Selling List & Vendor

El Kabong

Post by El Kabong »

I’m sorry if my post asking for a change bothered you so much that you had to respond by calling me and maybe others “lazy fucks”. In the future I will try not to trigger you or you can send me a PM telling me it was a clear day where you live thus leaving you without clouds to yell at.

atomic chicken wrote: October 10th, 2020, 12:26 am Can’t even voice an opinion that focusing on shitty little quality of life changes that save 20seconds of time are dumb.
Thank you for explaining to me a “lazy fuck” how quick and easy it is for you to do this very simple thing so quickly. I do have a question though.

Once I follow your example which may or may not take 20 seconds as you seem to go back and forth on this. Which tells me a “lazy fuck” that you are unsure of the length of time this simple task takes. Or were you to lazy to login and time this simple task to properly put me in my place and label me a “lazy fuck”.

Let us get back on track here. Do I not have to follow your example again but this time instead of removing my spellweaving skill I now add my spellweaving skill to my template? If I missed that part of your post please forgive me and would you please point it out to me as I am in your words a “lazy fuck” and didn’t read or see that part. Or again were you too lazy to type that part?

I login

I do the following

I go to the vendor mall
I go to the arcane circle
I cast arcane focus
I see that it is only a level 2 focus so it is a no skill focus

I now do what you posted

I go through the gate to Luna bank
I transfer my spellweaving skill to a soulstone
I go to the vendor mall gate

I now do what you forgot to post

I cast arcane focus
I transfer my spellweaving skill back on

There is a tavern in the vendor mall which has rooms with beds which we can not access. I just thought it would be cool if we could use the building fully. I didn’t know it would make me look like a “lazy fuck”

I guess with your logic the bank in the vendor mall should only sell commodity deeds and nothing else. No deposits no withdrawals. If I want to do something other than buying commodity deeds I should stop being a “lazy fuck” and go through the gate to Luna.
And the stable in the vendor mall should be for stabling pets only. I am such a “lazy fuck” I mean the Luna stable is as close to the gate as the Luna bank is. I’m just using your logic here.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

The Silvertiger wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:01 am
You may voice your opinion, but please be respectful of other players. Thank you!
Respect is subjective. I said can we get less whining about shit that doesn’t do anything substantive. So sorry I might’ve affected his/her delicate sensibilities, but we need to as a community if we want the server to be better to stop suggesting minor shit that saves 20s of game time and let them focus on substantive things.

Edit: I don’t see in the rules where I have to respect dumbasses, only staff.

Edit 2: it says keep it civil, if ima be real this is probably one of the more civil forums in the last 10 years, even if homie is mad.
Last edited by atomic chicken on October 10th, 2020, 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
atomic chicken

Post by atomic chicken »

El Kabong wrote: October 10th, 2020, 2:04 pm I’m sorry if my post asking for a change bothered you so much that you had to respond by calling me and maybe others “lazy fucks”. In the future I will try not to trigger you or you can send me a PM telling me it was a clear day where you live thus leaving you without clouds to yell at.

Thank you for explaining to me a “lazy fuck” how quick and easy it is for you to do this very simple thing so quickly. I do have a question though.

Once I follow your example which may or may not take 20 seconds as you seem to go back and forth on this. Which tells me a “lazy fuck” that you are unsure of the length of time this simple task takes. Or were you to lazy to login and time this simple task to properly put me in my place and label me a “lazy fuck”.

Let us get back on track here. Do I not have to follow your example again but this time instead of removing my spellweaving skill I now add my spellweaving skill to my template? If I missed that part of your post please forgive me and would you please point it out to me as I am in your words a “lazy fuck” and didn’t read or see that part. Or again were you too lazy to type that part?

I login

I do the following

I go to the vendor mall
I cast arcane focus
I see that it is only a level 2 focus so it is a no skill focus

I now do what you posted

I transfer my spellweaving skill to a soulstone
I go to the vendor mall gate

I now do what you forgot to post

I cast arcane focus
I transfer my spellweaving skill back on

There is a tavern in the vendor mall which has rooms with beds which we can not access. I just thought it would be cool if we could use the building fully. I didn’t know it would make me look like a “lazy fuck”

I guess with your logic the bank in the vendor mall should only sell commodity deeds and nothing else. No deposits no withdrawals. If I want to do something other than buying commodity deeds I should stop being a “lazy fuck” and go through the gate to Luna.
And the stable in the vendor mall should be for stabling pets only. I am such a “lazy fuck” I mean the Luna stable is as close to the gate as the Luna bank is. I’m just using your logic here.
You’re obviously affected lol. The post is a dumb suggestion. I didn’t type out every single step Bc I thought people were smart enough to figure it out that I didn’t have to tell you to go “ope don’t have skill gotta go get it” or “ope don’t need skill gotta go take it off” and every step doesn’t take 20s, only the things you’re shaving off time for. The literal difference between your stupid suggestion and the status quo is the amount of time run between the Vendor mall and the Luna bank and the time it takes to go from the bank and the vendor mall.
I didn’t type everything so it wasn’t a wall of text, had nothing to do with laziness, typing on my phone isn’t hard. I can give you a wall of text if you’d rather read that instead of getting a concise point though.
Your suggestion is stupid, you’re a lazy fuck for complaining about running a very short distance. The staff have better shit to do than changing the a zone to a logout zone when there’s one not very far away.

If I actually had a vote, I’d remove that shit from tram Brit, fel Brit and vendor mall and make you fucks run to sanctuary, but then maybe you’d bitch about insignificant shit like that instead of things that could actually make the server better.

In response to the “lazy fuck for not testing time” argument: maybe I should ask the staff the exact time it takes to run from the circle to the gate, then to the chair in Luna and then to the white gate in Luna to the vendor mall, all the way back to the arcane circle. Let them take more time out of their day to do useless shit instead of fixing the server substantively, similar to your suggestion.

TL;DR stop bogging down the staff with little shitty quality of life demands that save very little time at best and let them focus on substantive things like the economy, event planning and game mechanic fixes.