criminal timer

Let loose about your latest battles and other PVP shenanigans here. (This section is still subject to moderation.)
Bad Religion

Re: criminal timer

Post by Bad Religion »

The Silvertiger wrote:Don't want to do the time? Don't do the crime.
I'm sorry that I'm not complete dogshit like half these hz and loop and china, I actually heal my guildmates.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I understand and get it. I don't like the criminal timer, but it's not going anywhere. The best you hope for is a removal of the timer after death, but that's still unlikely.

It is a key Ultima Online mechanic. Allowing PvP yet at the same time giving a penalty for choices deemed as wrong.

I also heal my teammates when pvping. Res, invis, gift, and clumsy... It's just what you do...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
jaasso likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

fix this shit wtf is wrong you with you guys? everoyne says they want it reduced just fucking do it
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Discord: Amish#1299
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

bump gms afk????
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Bad Religion wrote:bump gms afk????
they got owned by mighty criminal timmer :D

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

bump
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Dont worry guys criminal timer has a bigger, stronger, older brother named stat loss timer.
The Silvertiger

:lol:
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

If you heal a murderer or criminal, regardless of being in a guild or factions, you should become a criminal. However, I don’t think this should lead to a guardwhack unless you’re actually doing a crime worthy of a guardwhack (e.g. explo fs an afk player).

If you’re a criminal and you die, I think the criminal timer should be removed since you pretty much paid for it by getting your ass beat.

P.S. if you’re a thief and you get guardwhacked, this shouldn’t clear the timer. Thieves in the thief guild don’t get this exception.
The Silvertiger

Arthrutus wrote: P.S. if you’re a thief and you get guardwhacked, this shouldn’t clear the timer. Thieves in the thief guild don’t get this exception.
Why? You get punished via capital punishment and all of your ill gotten goods are returned that were stolen from the last player you stole or attempted to steal from.
Selling List & Vendor

Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

I’m not fine with thieves trolling, ressing and stealing my pots/bandys, then running away, etc. the fact that there’s no timer means thieves can heal immediately after being guardwhacked and attempt stealing again. Sounds like a troll game to me.
The Silvertiger

Arthrutus wrote:I’m not fine with thieves trolling, ressing and stealing my pots/bandys, then running away, etc. the fact that there’s no timer means thieves can heal immediately after being guardwhacked and attempt stealing again. Sounds like a troll game to me.
But you are ok with someone dying, healing, and killing you to take your pots/bandies then running away?
Selling List & Vendor

Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Arthrutus wrote:I’m not fine with thieves trolling, ressing and stealing my pots/bandys, then running away, etc. the fact that there’s no timer means thieves can heal immediately after being guardwhacked and attempt stealing again. Sounds like a troll game to me.
But you are ok with someone dying, healing, and killing you to take your pots/bandies then running away?

Sure. If they kill me they deserve whatever they loot off me. The difference between thieves and killers is that a thief doesn’t need anything to grief while a killer needs an arsenal of some sort to accomplish their goal.
The Silvertiger

Arthrutus wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:

Sure. If they kill me they deserve whatever they loot off me. The difference between thieves and killers is that a thief doesn’t need anything to grief while a killer needs an arsenal of some sort to accomplish their goal.
You can't just kill this thief without an arsenal? They can only steal 12 or so, stones worth of items per 8 seconds which leaves you plenty of time and arsenal to kill them, yes?

Maybe, you have changed my mind on criminal timer after death. You shouldn't punish thieves more than murderers. It's either across the board no timer at death or across the board 2 minutes. I'm still inclined to the former as I believe death to be punishment enough. If you can't kill a defenseless player I don't see how them stealing vs a player killing you makes a difference.
Selling List & Vendor