What is wrong with UO (large text)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
dallasb91

Re: What is wrong with UO (large text)

Post by dallasb91 »

That loot generation would be sweet. I've always wondered why runic pieces are better than most artifacts and looted pieces
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

artifacts are easier to obtain than perfect runic armor :D
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Loler

Post by Loler »

I think you guys are going about this the wrong way. Instead of punishing people for scripting all afk gathering should become legal. Bam everyone can afk farm and have the best stuff ever.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Loler wrote:I think you guys are going about this the wrong way. Instead of punishing people for scripting all afk gathering should become legal. Bam everyone can afk farm and have the best stuff ever.
why would you even bother playing the game at that point?
Discord: Amish#1299
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

lol that was also my suggestion a year ago
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Loler

Post by Loler »

Amish Hammer wrote:
Loler wrote:I think you guys are going about this the wrong way. Instead of punishing people for scripting all afk gathering should become legal. Bam everyone can afk farm and have the best stuff ever.
why would you even bother playing the game at that point?
Probably for pvp which is the only reason some people still play. The pvm in this game is a joke.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion and Rakka like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Loler wrote:
Amish Hammer wrote: why would you even bother playing the game at that point?
Probably for pvp which is the only reason some people still play. The pvm in this game is a joke.
I think that statement is interesting considering the fact there are still way more pvmers than active pvpers. People play this game for pixels, community, nostalgia, and some of the best, if not the best, PvP in gaming history. People play demise because it's free, has a great community, and they like the era.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Kemile and Frasier like this.
Kemile

Post by Kemile »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Loler wrote:
Amish Hammer wrote: why would you even bother playing the game at that point?
People play demise because it's free, has a great community, and they like the era.
Probably in that order, too.
Hucking Fippy

Post by Hucking Fippy »

Llama Vortex wrote:Well people tend to blame other people for making bots, but what they ignore is that the way the system of game rewards is designed encourages this kind of behavior.

Most of high end items a player can desire is obtained by some repetitive task that has nothing to do with playing the actual game. You want a 5 mod armor or weapon? Create a bot to collect bods, to complete them and finally to craft the items and sort.  Want a good bow to PvP? Make a bot to collect wood, another to run heartwood.

Even PvM is highly botable, if you want a good lootbag you can make a bot to kill miasma endlessly. Want an orny? Well most people aren't able to run gountlet as a bot, but then again is a repetive task boring as hell.

One of the few desired items left for those interested in playing the game is ps's and champion artifacts but that got to get old with time.

OSI noticed this. Instead of trying to combat bots with staff supervision, they've put other players in charge of this.
All high end mobs are capable of giving an item (not only rings, but weapons and armors as well) that is usable on pvp and the chances of getting it in felluca are slightly higher. Trasure chests are also a good way of getting high end stuff. So if you want to better your chances you need to face the dangers of the pvp wold. You can still bot there, but if you do it for too long at some point someone will find you, specially if you increase the attractiveness of the dungeons in felluca.
Of course, if you want the peace o trammel you are still able to obtain good items there, but it will take more time.

Wrapping things up, in order to combat the bot population you need to put the most desired in game rewards to be obtained by a dangerous, non repetitve task, and a good way to achieve this is by putting players in charge of monitoring each other.

Demise's bot population is out of control. Probably at least half of the online character are performing a afk repetitive task. IMO, Demise needs desperately a revamp, what you think?

I want a Trasure chests
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

agree but what's even worse is a server with terrible casting, every player using a bow for pvp, and riding pets that should require taming to ride
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

You'll never get away from bots - period. Sad but true.

People want the easy way out - it's human nature.

You wouldn't lift the heavy shit unless it was absolutely necessary. (Even then, you'd find some way to make it easier)

Again, it's the easy way out. No one wants to put the time and effort into something they don't have to.
Last edited by Tempest on August 1st, 2018, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Frasier likes this.
The Silvertiger

Bad Religion wrote:agree but what's even worse is a server with terrible casting, every player using a bow for pvp, and riding pets that should require taming to ride
Prefer that you reword that to riding pets that should wander away. Else it would be a false statement on every server thus far created.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos likes this.
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

Tempest wrote:. No one wants to put the time and effort into something they don't have to.
we play this game but don't have to.
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

I agree about the loot. Every monster has a pack of useless loot mostly even when I used luck. I quit checking loot years ago. Occasionally I look at jewels. In 8 years I think I have picked up 5 items. And only one of them a ring off of a paragon skeletal dragon was amazing. I mean if its always garbage why even have it. Luck is designed in such a way that you have to basically be alone. Have a pet. And slowly kill and search through high end monsters for hours. And punishes you for not having luck by giving you nothing at all.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
The Silvertiger

Otim O'Connel wrote:I agree about the loot. Every monster has a pack of useless loot mostly even when I used luck. I quit checking loot years ago. Occasionally I look at jewels. In 8 years I think I have picked up 5 items. And only one of them a ring off of a paragon skeletal dragon was amazing. I mean if its always garbage why even have it. Luck is designed in such a way that you have to basically be alone. Have a pet. And slowly kill and search through high end monsters for hours. And punishes you for not having luck by giving you nothing at all.
I mostly agree with this, but I would admonish you to check jewels with or without luck. The thing about luck is that it is supposed to make good drops more often. So it takes you from 1 out of a hundred to 5 out of a hundred. (For a detailed breakdown forum search.)
Selling List & Vendor