Black List

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Black List

Post by Bama »

ShadowMoon wrote:Yes SHE is.
Don't waste your time it's SilverTiger

Just smile and nod
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ShadowMoon likes this.
Redemption

Post by Redemption »

player for 10kk in uncollected auctions
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

ShadowMoon wrote:Yes SHE is.
Check out the signature then smile and nod. ;)
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Tanya wrote:lol there are also:
2. people using fake accounts to put fake bids.
3. people making fake PC to their friends

you are welcome
issue with this is iv seen guildmates legit bid on bows that other guildmates made with the full intent of buying the bow and people start screaming fake bids, this said guildmate also paid for the bow he bid for even tho it was called "fake bids". Had that guildmate been out bid by someone else than people would still be screaming fake bids... and trying to people an innocent person on a black list.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Vander Nars wrote:

you are welcome
issue with this is iv seen guildmates legit bid on bows that other guildmates made with the full intent of buying the bow and people start screaming fake bids, this said guildmate also paid for the bow he bid for even tho it was called "fake bids". Had that guildmate been out bid by someone else than people would still be screaming fake bids... and trying to people an innocent person on a black list.
I am not saying this happens always but sometimes you can see another example, when high quality items being PC'd as 10% of its value... ah this case was not on my list :D
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
Redemption

Post by Redemption »

Tanya wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:

you are welcome
I am not saying this happens always but sometimes you can see another example, when high quality items being PC'd as 10% of its value... ah this case was not on my list :D
I fell victim to this my first day on the forums( new to the uodemise ). Sold a 150kk pair of mage legs 7lmc 20lrc 2mr 22 20 10 9 11 for 5kk.
This is definitely a thing.
ortiz and Tanya like this.
Demon Fire

Post by Demon Fire »

I personally am very wary of anyone saying I was PM'd a higher offer, though I have stated sold via PM before which actually did happen, but on that hand I no longer have that item or a right to sell. I see this as viable sound. Now if i stated sold via PM and then try to place the item for sale again, that isn't relatively easy to obtain that would be highly suspect... As for people who bid on items then don't buy well yeah black list, people who put up a S/B well that is min acceptable and should be blacklisted for not accepting the min bid they stated they would put up. I am fairly relaxed and would say if someone said 20k for AoF and meant 20KK well we all know it was a typo wether you wanna believe it or not and would not hold someone to a typo, but there you guys have my perspective on the topic!
Ajani and Redemption like this.
Demon Fire

Post by Demon Fire »

Recyclev is ARIA i am informed also, so asshole in game conduct would also be allocated to my blacklist as well. That is of personal choice though. View this thread to get my meaning:
http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =2&t=23751
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote:Start with the people that put a starting bid and also state that they won't sell if they don't like the bid

As far as I am concerned a starting bid is the minimum amount you will accept for the item(s)

i hate to say it, but this is actually kind of allowed in any auction. there should be 3 things, a min bid, a reserve, and a buyout.

if it's under the reserve then you have a choice if you want to sell, if it's over the reserve then you have to sell.

people dont seem to realize that it's totally normal for auction prices to be much lower than normal prices. it's only rare items that get into bidding wars that end up higher than a shelf price
(in real life auctions i mean)

hands up if you actually used the official UO-auction site back in the day? ^^
the main difference here is actually that it's not timed at all
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I think that buyout is not good idea because in some cases you don't know what people can pay if it's really good item and many people want it.
Peerless Hunter
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Seems like Calvin and myself are the only ones to ever attend an irl auction...

During my UOG auctions I've noticed if I start lower than is my min sell price I usually get more than I think the item is worth.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin, Redemption and Tanya like this.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

hmmm is there a buyout in irl auction?
Peerless Hunter
Danielator

Post by Danielator »

Same !!, Two users offert for my sleeves and never answer :( ( bad english guys ) xd
"Wreakage ", if see this, gonna make deal come onnnn
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Tanya wrote:hmmm is there a buyout in irl auction?
well the best example these days is ebay
Danielator wrote:Same !!, Two users offert for my sleeves and never answer :( ( bad english guys ) xd
"Wreakage ", if see this, gonna make deal come onnnn
keep messaging and wait a bit, if there is still no answer then bump the thread saying it fell through and how much you wanna resume bidding at. maybe message the next highest person too. end of the day tho, there is no feedback system, and it would be harsh to black list people based on 1 trade :/

it's a small community though, people do get a reputation. maybe this should be more of a name and shame thread than a blacklist one lol

but you know that's just gonna turn ugly...
The Silvertiger wrote:Seems like Calvin and myself are the only ones to ever attend an irl auction...
During my UOG auctions I've noticed if I start lower than is my min sell price I usually get more than I think the item is worth.
tbh i pretty much 100% learnt my official auction etiquette from uoauction.com :lol:
it was pretty strict in how it worked, or it wouldn't work at all. but ebay and things work exactly the same, it's a fairly standard format.

you're 100% correct about the pricing tho, the idea is to generate interest, then get people competing for the item, but 90% of the time it doesn't work and you end up selling the item at less than you wanted. or just not selling it, but then it's like they just had a reserve on it. i tell people usually, but it does lower the interest in the item if you say there's a reserve. conversely can put interest up if you say there isn't one ;)

trading has been a major part of the game for me, that's why i can PC a lot of stuff, cos i've traded most things at some point
quite often the trades are half hearted on one side or both, i tend to message people once after the end of the auction, and if they reply then the trade is actually on. it's almost like it requires a pm from both sides to be finalized
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not something that bothers me because it kind of balances out; less obligation to follow through makes people more willing to bid. so you gain as much as you lose. at the same time you can bid lowballs on things and not have to worry about them ignoring it, they can choose to accept but the ball's in their court

tho that said, i am very much feeling that vendors are the way to go these days, forum is not the best place to sell a lot of things, and auctionable items (that get people excited and competing) are even rarer

PS. as policy, if i am not happy with the trade, then i wont message you first, but if you message me i will always pm back and trade.
(well, unless i open the pm when im really baked then forget i received it :oops: )