Logging in does not refresh your house, you must open the door to keep house from falling

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bug

Logging in does not refresh your house, you must open the door to keep house from falling

Post by Bug »

One of my houses was in Fairly Worn condition on an account I had not logged into for a couple months.

I log in and the house is still Fairly Worn. I open the front door and the house is then refreshed. This was a predesigned large tower.

I wonder how it works for custom houses. Especially houses that have no doors.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Logging in does not refresh your house, you must open the door to keep house from falling

Post by Bama »

I have not opened the door to my keep since the day I bought it in 2014..........

............ that’s one hell of an IDOC stage
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
ortiz and Sgfcat like this.
Bug

Re: Logging in does not refresh your house, you must open the door to keep house from falling

Post by Bug »

Bama wrote:I have not opened the door to my keep since the day I bought it in 2014..........

............ that’s one hell of an IDOC stage
You are using a house teleporter to get inside?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Yes
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Loler

Post by Loler »

This is not completely accurate. However if your house goes into the idoc stage then you need to either open the door or the signpost to refresh it. Otherwise logging into the account should refresh it before it gets to the idoc stage.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Porky

Post by Porky »

I just have a plot. No doors. So, I just walk off, then back onto the slab and that seems to work. Never lost it to IDOC yet.
:popcorn:
Supercreep

Post by Supercreep »

I have no doors, and I don't even bother walking on and off the plot. I don't click the house sign either.

Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Supercreep wrote:I have no doors, and I don't even bother walking on and off the plot. I don't click the house sign either.

But it does look fairly worn
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Eos
Demise Administrator

Post by Eos »

The problem here is that the house sign's text is not being refreshed when you log in, so it continues to display your house as decaying for up to 1 minute. Double clicking the house sign or opening a door refreshes the house sign, removing the text. Logging in does, however, instantly stop the decay process despite what the house sign says.

We will look into refreshing the house sign's text when you log in as well to avoid any confusion. :)
Eos
UOGDemise - Administrator

Please do not PM me for general support.
If you are experiencing game issues please send a help request in-game.

Thank you for your continued support of UOG: Demise.
ortiz, Bug and Tanya like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Wow, just realized supercreep and porky weren't the same person...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz likes this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Eos wrote:The problem here is that the house sign's text is not being refreshed when you log in, so it continues to display your house as decaying for up to 1 minute. Double clicking the house sign or opening a door refreshes the house sign, removing the text. Logging in does, however, instantly stop the decay process despite what the house sign says.

We will look into refreshing the house sign's text when you log in as well to avoid any confusion. :)

Thank you for the answer. That explains perfectly.