Any update on fixing server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Any update on fixing server?

Post by Bad Religion »

DG wrote:Miniheal,0.25 sec casting time,heals 11-14 hp at 120 magery.You can cast 4 miniheals in one second,which means you heal 44-56 hp per second.Greater heal,1 sec casting time,heals 49-58 hp at 120 magery,which means you heal 49-58 hp per second.Now bands heal 50 hp in 4 second(actually 3.5 second at 150 dex),which is 14 hp per second.YOU TELLING ME BANDS OP?

Energy bolt,1.5 sec casting time,deals around 30 damage vs cursed target at 120 evalint.Its dps is around 20,more than what bands can heal in the same time.Xbow ,the highest damage weapon of archers,2.25 sec swing time.its concussion does 30-35 base damage vs cursed target,depending on your DI,tatics and anatomy,lets say base damage is 35.its additional damage is 10-30,according to the difference of your target's hp and mana.lets take the highest,so additional damage is 30.Maybe you have a hit lightning and velocity xbow and both spells triggered.Then one concussion does 65+20 damage at its best.Taking dci into account,your hit chance is 50%.So xbow's best dps is around 19,which is still lower than EB.

Do the math.Correct me if im wrong.My english teacher taught me mathmatics:D

In the actual game,Holding your EB down is enough to kill ANY archer.During a pvp event,i even saw loler EBed a dexxer to death with protection on.However there are still some mages feeling a lot pressure against archers.Its mainly because your gear is not on the same level of your archer enemy.Archers are comparatively easy to get good weapons through heartwood quests.
I really dont want to have an archer vs magery debate but they are both pretty strong on this server but need minor tweaks to allow for more diversity and skill requirement for killing.

A few things that I know you and @SHALLAN are aware of but maybe need to remember:

Magery spells paralyze you when casting them. Making it nearly impossible to kill someone using only magery that just runs away when low . (unlike an archer with moving shot)

They can be disrupted (just like your bandages)

Archers can continue to do maximum dps unadulterated while simultaneously healing for a gargantuan amount of health every 3-4 seconds on top of pots and gift of renewal (yes I get mages have those too)

PS: I fought logan the other day at bucs in a friendly 1v1 and he was getting mad that I was just spamming ebolt for the exact reasons you stated above. He was pissed because I wasnt using "spellplay" and just ebolting him until he ran off screen.

There are groups and groups of very experienced players desperate for a post aos server but refuse to play here because of the casting and crap like the mounts.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Bad Religion wrote:The problem is because dexers arent scared of getting dismounted, they can run extra skills for damage or mana instead of having to run ninja or hiding/stealth. That's why they are seemingly OP.

Mages can just teleport away and often survive on the sole reason that the scripts/recovery is too fast.

Both should be fixed.
Stealth is broken
:(

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Shallan wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:The problem is because dexers arent scared of getting dismounted, they can run extra skills for damage or mana instead of having to run ninja or hiding/stealth. That's why they are seemingly OP.

Mages can just teleport away and often survive on the sole reason that the scripts/recovery is too fast.

Both should be fixed.
Stealth is broken
how so
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Bad Religion wrote:
Shallan wrote:

Both should be fixed.
Stealth is broken
how so
Try ur self with Archer with stealth or thief :) GL HF - broken game mechanics.

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Shallan wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Shallan wrote: Stealth is broken
how so
Try ur self with Archer with stealth or thief :) GL HF - broken game mechanics.
please elaborate as that is the point of this post.

Obviously playing a thief is unfortunately obsolete aside from griefing people out of their potions or regs, but hiding combined with stealth and ninja is still pretty good I think?
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Ok. To detect some one u need

a) tracking to know where the guy is or he isnt
b) detect hidden or Magery to reveal.

So basicly 200 skill ( dont know how much magery)

And its still broken since u can detect where the arrow is or near and not show the guy.

But Hey WHY u wont just throw Wither/ Wildfire/ Thunder and in 2 sec u have guy shown.
So just 100 skill or even less.

Since u cast how many thunders per sec? 2?3?4 ?
And Evry thick of damage have chance to show Ninja archer / thief etc.

Aside from the obvious tactics that ppl use - spam Shit load of Para fields. If u even manage to jump on the tiles without to cross the corridor / move near a spawner etc. U will be revealed in a 1-2 sec.

Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Shallan wrote:

Chews up mana pretty quick though. Expensive spell if you're not leeching from anything.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Shallan wrote:

Chews up mana pretty quick though. Expensive spell if you're not leeching from anything.
yep and on spawns there is no things to leech plus on choke ppl dont use wisps.. still with full mana u can reveal twice and kill since there is 10 sec CD on hide.
(reveal //hidden // reveal again // 10 sec... before next = gg )

There is so many Counter measures to deal with HIDDEN ppl and that FIX just killed a Templates with stealth.

Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Shallan wrote:Ok. To detect some one u need

a) tracking to know where the guy is or he isnt
b) detect hidden or Magery to reveal.

So basicly 200 skill ( dont know how much magery)

And its still broken since u can detect where the arrow is or near and not show the guy.

But Hey WHY u wont just throw Wither/ Wildfire/ Thunder and in 2 sec u have guy shown.
So just 100 skill or even less.

And Evry thick of damage have chance to show Ninja archer / thief etc.

Aside from the obvious tactics that ppl use - spam Shit load of Para fields. If u even manage to jump on the tiles without to cross the corridor / move near a spawner etc. U will be revealed in a 1-2 sec.
I mean what exactly are you trying to do? also you forgot holy light can also reveal you :D

As a stealther your goal usually isnt to kill someone 1v1 unless it's an assassination of some kind when they are off guard. you should be dismounting, para blowing, poisoning pets/people, maybe have weaving too so you can wind after you pop out? so many cool fun and troll things you can do on a stealther
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

about kiling ask what was the guy name mhm... in black robe from hz i think that was with 2 fc necro archer with stealth and was almost killing ppl in 2-3 hits + pain.
All about goes if u are trolling ppl of achiving smth like stealing / killing.

Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

balanced bows make archers can continue doing damages which is OP.
broken casting plus uos macros and good gears nowadays make mages pretent to have great skills just by pressing a key simply, which is OP.
if ppl still have hornor or not gank so much with bola, ok ill consider of riding my warhorse back.
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

BUMP literally every pvper holds a bow

fix pets

fix casting

fix trap pouches

means mages and archers are both weaker, means people actually die to more than rng, means you can still outplay potential ganks based on skill and not scripts
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Cold Blood wrote:balanced bows make archers can continue doing damages which is OP.
broken casting plus uos macros and good gears nowadays make mages pretent to have great skills just by pressing a key simply, which is OP.
if ppl still have hornor or not gank so much with bola, ok ill consider of riding my warhorse back.
You can dodge bolas, can also get ninjitsu like most archers had to run during this era to stay alive after being dismounted.. you can also dismount the ones that didnt bola to help you survive until animal form
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

i notice the staff keep saying they have no access to the server to fix it... for over a year they been saying that
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

hrs024 wrote:i notice the staff keep saying they have no access to the server to fix it... for over a year they been saying that
That's the crashing thing. They have access to server code, but not the physical server and it's hardware.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Eos and hrs024 like this.