Any update on fixing server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Any update on fixing server?

Post by Bad Religion »

fluffhead321 wrote:We sure casting is the issue, and not steam? Having a script that teles you, and uses a special and teles you over and over seems like scripting is what’s broken
It's both, but mainly the casting. These types of scripts barely work and not nearly as effective on the "osi" casting that demise developed on test center and dueling pits on the live server. I encourage you to go try it out, it's not 100% osi but way closer.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

I know it’ll never happen but I’d love to see how different this server would be without steam and razor and people actually had to use reaction time and quick, accurate mouse skills
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

fluffhead321 wrote:I know it’ll never happen but I’d love to see how different this server would be without steam and razor and people actually had to use reaction time and quick, accurate mouse skills
People also use easyuo for a lot of their dexer healing scripts and teleport scripts. Fixing the casting will significantly reduce a lot of the cheesy bullshit you see people do like teleporting 1 tile in front of their last target and queuing a special. These will still work, but just will be a lot harder to spam which is the really annoying part. When someone can just kick on their easyuo script and teleport away faster than anyone can run, I needs to be fixed. I Personally dont trust these kinds of scripts to teleport away for me when I'm on foot so click where I want to teleport to 100% of the time, but it's not nearly as fast.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

fluffhead321 wrote:I’d love to see how different this server would be without steam and razor and people actually had to use reaction time and quick, accurate mouse skills
Indeed
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Frasier wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:I’d love to see how different this server would be without steam and razor and people actually had to use reaction time and quick, accurate mouse skills
Indeed
Korean with 300+ apm (avg per min of pressing keyb + mouse) would be nr 1 there :)

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Frasier likes this.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

If we took away the mounts people would just teleport until you gave up chasing them xD
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:If we took away the mounts people would just teleport until you gave up chasing them xD
if u took mounts away kill archers and favorize mages / fencers.

koziar

Post by koziar »

still you can use war horse or summon second pet in field fight :)
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

war horse is not immune to poison - u summon another pet - instant poison = gg.

Same crap like it was with BM and his Bola + conf potion + invis on pet.

DG

Post by DG »

Miniheal,0.25 sec casting time,heals 11-14 hp at 120 magery.You can cast 4 miniheals in one second,which means you heal 44-56 hp per second.Greater heal,1 sec casting time,heals 49-58 hp at 120 magery,which means you heal 49-58 hp per second.Now bands heal 50 hp in 4 second(actually 3.5 second at 150 dex),which is 14 hp per second.YOU TELLING ME BANDS OP?

Energy bolt,1.5 sec casting time,deals around 30 damage vs cursed target at 120 evalint.Its dps is around 20,more than what bands can heal in the same time.Xbow ,the highest damage weapon of archers,2.25 sec swing time.its concussion does 30-35 base damage vs cursed target,depending on your DI,tatics and anatomy,lets say base damage is 35.its additional damage is 10-30,according to the difference of your target's hp and mana.lets take the highest,so additional damage is 30.Maybe you have a hit lightning and velocity xbow and both spells triggered.Then one concussion does 65+20 damage at its best.Taking dci into account,your hit chance is 50%.So xbow's best dps is around 19,which is still lower than EB.

Do the math.Correct me if im wrong.My english teacher taught me mathmatics:D

In the actual game,Holding your EB down is enough to kill ANY archer.During a pvp event,i even saw loler EBed a dexxer to death with protection on.However there are still some mages feeling a lot pressure against archers.Its mainly because your gear is not on the same level of your archer enemy.Archers are comparatively easy to get good weapons through heartwood quests.
Bad Religion likes this.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Since u can cast with 2/6 with protection and mage spells always hit so...
Mage > archer in any fight :) 1/1

Field fight mage > archer cause of fields eow thuder wither etc etc.

ps. DG u didnt mention bands will heal less if interupted and if u interupt heal 1 of 4 it will be still more :D

koziar

Post by koziar »

and thats why we have now more archer than mage in field fight :D
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

DG wrote:Miniheal,0.25 sec casting time,heals 11-14 hp at 120 magery.You can cast 4 miniheals in one second,which means you heal 44-56 hp per second.Greater heal,1 sec casting time,heals 49-58 hp at 120 magery,which means you heal 49-58 hp per second.Now bands heal 50 hp in 4 second(actually 3.5 second at 150 dex),which is 14 hp per second.YOU TELLING ME BANDS OP?

Energy bolt,1.5 sec casting time,deals around 30 damage vs cursed target at 120 evalint.Its dps is around 20,more than what bands can heal in the same time.Xbow ,the highest damage weapon of archers,2.25 sec swing time.its concussion does 30-35 base damage vs cursed target,depending on your DI,tatics and anatomy,lets say base damage is 35.its additional damage is 10-30,according to the difference of your target's hp and mana.lets take the highest,so additional damage is 30.Maybe you have a hit lightning and velocity xbow and both spells triggered.Then one concussion does 65+20 damage at its best.Taking dci into account,your hit chance is 50%.So xbow's best dps is around 19,which is still lower than EB.

Do the math.Correct me if im wrong.My english teacher taught me mathmatics:D

In the actual game,Holding your EB down is enough to kill ANY archer.During a pvp event,i even saw loler EBed a dexxer to death with protection on.However there are still some mages feeling a lot pressure against archers.Its mainly because your gear is not on the same level of your archer enemy.Archers are comparatively easy to get good weapons through heartwood quests.
yes that's why casting needs fixed too...
koziar

Post by koziar »

of course special from wakazashi work good :) and warrior could spam it all time :)
Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The problem is because dexers arent scared of getting dismounted, they can run extra skills for damage or mana instead of having to run ninja or hiding/stealth. That's why they are seemingly OP.

Mages can just teleport away and often survive on the sole reason that the scripts/recovery is too fast.

Both should be fixed.
koziar likes this.