Any update on fixing server?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Re: Any update on fixing server?

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:
silva wrote:I think that if you cant give an order to a pet, you shoudn't have it.

Thats my opinion.
Bad Religion wrote:
silva wrote:I think that if you cant give an order to a pet, you shoudn't have it.

Thats my opinion.
Yes, some people dont believe in common sense though.
Vander Nars wrote: I played osi, ur cu would go wild way to fast for it to be a valid option so no its not just like "osi".
Sorry Vander but as long as you feed it, it will not go wild it will become wonderfully happy
But on Demise you feed a pet and it becomes wonderfully happy but if that 2 hour timer kicks in 1 second after you fed it, it loses loyalty

What these players without the skills to control the pet are doing can be done on OSI that is not an opinion that is a fact

The problem is the server has not put in all the other crap that might help deter the player from riding around on a pet that requires 200 + skill points to control

On OSI
Tame a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Feed a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Claim a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Insta-log a pet when you log back in if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Insta-log a pet when you log back in the pet should have the same loyalty it had before you logged out and not always wonderfully happy
Transfer a pet if the person that gets the pet doesn't tell it to follow it wanders away
If you did any of those things and mounted the pet as it was wandering away as soon as you dismount it wanders away

Thats my opinion.
Yes because the commands you can give a pet on Demise work so well

The "guard" command on Demise works also as the "follow" command and "kill" command
You don't even have to tell the pet to attack/kill on Demise. All you have to do is dismount go into war mode double click on whatever you want to kill and the pet attacks it
The "guard" command on Demise takes all agro away from you
On Demise 10 mobs flag you
Take a step or 2 away
Your pet now has all the agro
While that is happening
Another mob pops up half a screen away and flags you
Your pet goes to that mob and the 10 mobs it was fighting follow the pet

Do you know what the "guard" command does on OSI............ it makes the pet guard you that is it
Your pet will not kill anything for you or attack anything for you when you tell it to guard you....... when you take damage from someone/something then it will attack

So go to OSI get your greater dragon
Go to a champ
Tell the beast to guard you
Pre cast invisibility
Run into the middle of the spawn
Cast invisibility on yourself
Come back and let us know how it went for you
Because that tactic works fine on Demise

So go ahead and fix the Cu "exploit" but fix everything about the Cu
Start with the max hit points it can have after it has been tamed
That is a simple fix right?
And yet it has been broken since they introduced them to Demise

Anyway all that was posted before in the Bug Section and General Discussion
The last few links have screen shots from OSI

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 14&t=14537

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 14&t=11125

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 654#p26068

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =30#p39331

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =60#p61665

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 105#p61901

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 120#p61913
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
silva, Kato and ortiz like this.
DG

Post by DG »

-1 for mounts.Its OSI alike.Disallowing skill-free mounts will end up that every pvper in fel has to ride a swamp dragon,which is easy to kill and cant cure poison.Big nerf for non-casting templates who cant heal or cure mounts.Unmounted archers or dexxers are dead archers and dexxers.Maybe making following mounts the same speed as OSI ones is a better option.

-1 for infinite-use dart trapped box.Eos considers it as an OSI bug.Appling it to Demise results in uselessness of parablow and nerve strike .

+1 for casting.Demise casting let mages have the highest dps and the strongest healing ability at the same time.They can do damage output.They can xheal.They can cast walls for group control.Almost capable of everything on fields.Furthermore,the worst part of Demise casting is Its extreme ping dependence.High ping players are forced to play archers,while low ping players get used to mages advantages and stop trying new templates.Demise casting becomes not only the barrier to pvp diversity,but also the source of game mechanics abusement.Look at one key tele concussion,tele dismount,tele head-blocking,tele FW.......
Alvin likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Demise casting is fine and they should revert it back on test center if test center comes back up
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Teleport-macro mages are very annoying. This really should be fixed.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
koziar

Post by koziar »

Maybe if people cant ride on Cu shide, than he could join to Faction and ride in war horse :) if we have faction fight than we could add faction arts = more pvp char and easier wear pvp stuff :)
Bad Religion likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Bama wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:

Thats my opinion.
Bad Religion wrote: Yes, some people dont believe in common sense though.
Vander Nars wrote: I played osi, ur cu would go wild way to fast for it to be a valid option so no its not just like "osi".
Sorry Vander but as long as you feed it, it will not go wild it will become wonderfully happy
But on Demise you feed a pet and it becomes wonderfully happy but if that 2 hour timer kicks in 1 second after you fed it, it loses loyalty

What these players without the skills to control the pet are doing can be done on OSI that is not an opinion that is a fact

The problem is the server has not put in all the other crap that might help deter the player from riding around on a pet that requires 200 + skill points to control

On OSI
Tame a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Feed a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Claim a pet if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Insta-log a pet when you log back in if you don't tell it to follow you it wanders away
Insta-log a pet when you log back in the pet should have the same loyalty it had before you logged out and not always wonderfully happy
Transfer a pet if the person that gets the pet doesn't tell it to follow it wanders away
If you did any of those things and mounted the pet as it was wandering away as soon as you dismount it wanders away

Thats my opinion.
Yes because the commands you can give a pet on Demise work so well

The "guard" command on Demise works also as the "follow" command and "kill" command
You don't even have to tell the pet to attack/kill on Demise. All you have to do is dismount go into war mode double click on whatever you want to kill and the pet attacks it
The "guard" command on Demise takes all agro away from you
On Demise 10 mobs flag you
Take a step or 2 away
Your pet now has all the agro
While that is happening
Another mob pops up half a screen away and flags you
Your pet goes to that mob and the 10 mobs it was fighting follow the pet

Do you know what the "guard" command does on OSI............ it makes the pet guard you that is it
Your pet will not kill anything for you or attack anything for you when you tell it to guard you....... when you take damage from someone/something then it will attack

So go to OSI get your greater dragon
Go to a champ
Tell the beast to guard you
Pre cast invisibility
Run into the middle of the spawn
Cast invisibility on yourself
Come back and let us know how it went for you
Because that tactic works fine on Demise

So go ahead and fix the Cu "exploit" but fix everything about the Cu
Start with the max hit points it can have after it has been tamed
That is a simple fix right?
And yet it has been broken since they introduced them to Demise

Anyway all that was posted before in the Bug Section and General Discussion
The last few links have screen shots from OSI

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 14&t=14537

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 14&t=11125

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 654#p26068

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =30#p39331

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... =60#p61665

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 105#p61901

http://www.uogdemise.com/community/view ... 120#p61913
I dont know what osi changed since I quit but when I played during aos to sa launch no one had tamer mounts on non tamers, so its not osi like for that time period.
Bama likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Vander Nars wrote:
I dont know what osi changed since I quit but when I played during aos to sa launch no one had tamer mounts on non tamers, so its not osi like for that time period.
I understand
I played OSI before AOS and for a little bit after SA
No you didn’t see non tamers on pets or with pets that need taming and lore to control but it was possible and still is possible

Edit
It was very possible when we got soul stones. Before soul stones nobody would lower their taming skill (or lore) to zero and ride a nightmare/unicorn/ki-rin/fire steed
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

DG wrote:-1 for mounts.Its OSI alike.Disallowing skill-free mounts will end up that every pvper in fel has to ride a swamp dragon,which is easy to kill and cant cure poison.Big nerf for non-casting templates who cant heal or cure mounts.Unmounted archers or dexxers are dead archers and dexxers.Maybe making following mounts the same speed as OSI ones is a better option.

-1 for infinite-use dart trapped box.Eos considers it as an OSI bug.Appling it to Demise results in uselessness of parablow and nerve strike .

+1 for casting.Demise casting let mages have the highest dps and the strongest healing ability at the same time.They can do damage output.They can xheal.They can cast walls for group control.Almost capable of everything on fields.Furthermore,the worst part of Demise casting is Its extreme ping dependence.High ping players are forced to play archers,while low ping players get used to mages advantages and stop trying new templates.Demise casting becomes not only the barrier to pvp diversity,but also the source of game mechanics abusement.Look at one key tele concussion,tele dismount,tele head-blocking,tele FW.......

Oh you mean archers might be forced to actually use ninjitsu or something instead of broken ass alchemy or med ? It's a major reason why archers are so strong and one of the biggest problems on this server.

So you leave in the pet exploit that isnt even accurate to osi because of the pet command problems here, but dont allow an "exploit" that was in the game forever and never changed on osi? Seems extremely hypocritical and also clearly not era accurate.

I really get annoyed with this argument that you "have to play an archer with high ping" no you dont. I play on 100-300 constantly changing ping and do very very well. Also 90% of the archers on here run faster then most of the Americans in our guild because of whatever reason. Archers dont have to stop to heal for 50+ damage every 4 seconds (more than greater heal), dont have to stop for 3 seconds to load up your arrow to shoot, you cant get weaken spammed completely nullifying your character. Casting 100% needs to get changed, but not because mages are too strong but because casting is just broken. Archers need the above nerfs to complete the balancing.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Bama wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
I understand
I played OSI before AOS and for a little bit after SA
No you didn’t see non tamers on pets or with pets that need taming and lore to control but it was possible and still is possible

Edit
It was very possible when we got soul stones. Before soul stones nobody would lower their taming skill (or lore) to zero and ride a nightmare/unicorn/ki-rin/fire steed
We get it, it's possible but not viable on osi because of having to command your pet. So it really isnt the same at all...
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Alvin wrote:Teleport-macro mages are very annoying. This really should be fixed.
I agree casting and pet exploit are the two biggest and most embarrassing things about this server.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

casting is great and has been the same for 13 years why change it now?
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

i love how "everyone" wants the pet exploit fixed but every pvper i see, rides a cu or another animal you need taming for... if people werent dicks and kill your mounts we wouldnt need the exploit lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
The Silvertiger and Ajani like this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Ajani wrote:casting is great and has been the same for 13 years why change it now?
It is not good, the recovery time is way too fast, cure and other spells casting times are slightly too fast. the reason this is a bad thing is because it offers no actual spellplay. No poison locking or cycling of well timed spells. instead just ma fb spam and mini heal self autocuring.

Ajani you might be a little young or havnt played many other servers but one huge staple of UO PvP has always been 5x mage dueling. It is impossible to do here because of mini heal self and recovery times being too fast. However, on their OSI casting from test server and duel pits it's actually possible.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

We sure casting is the issue, and not steam? Having a script that teles you, and uses a special and teles you over and over seems like scripting is what’s broken. If I recall razor was considered cheating, and we all know how huge a difference there is between that and steam
Last edited by fluffhead321 on July 16th, 2018, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:i love how "everyone" wants the pet exploit fixed but every pvper i see, rides a cu or another animal you need taming for... if people werent dicks and kill your mounts we wouldnt need the exploit lol
It's not being a dick really if in the middle of a fight. and of course everyone uses them it's FUCKING OP lol. People should get punished for not having a way to survive dismount especially if they easily could but chose to be greedy about their skillpoints. Why should getting dismounted barely affect someone, or do you enjoy having these marathon runs across Sosaria bc an unkillable tank cures and heals itself when you dismount him?

Fuck, your guild would benefit the most from this with all your stealthers and ninjas. Having those skills costs your guildmates damage or more healing but is required so they don't die while on foot. That's how it is supposed to be.