Shard poll to remove steam?!?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: Shard poll to remove steam?!?

Post by Vander Nars »

TheUnknown0617 wrote:
Josh wrote:Steam isnt "the problem," allowing certain actions within steam is the problem, there are alot of features you can disable, start disabling them...

Also fixing casting, teleports, mounts, etc is what the server needs. People will just shift to stealth, Razor enhanced or Easyuo for their scripting. If you want scripting being sub-par (not the most efficient way to pvp) then fixing the mechanics of the server is the proper solution.
---there have been many discussions surrounding fixing mechanics and how it affects pvm/pvp already, look at those if you wanna contemplate what to do in that respect---

There isn't a way to stop pvm scripting in my opinion, so I'm not going to bother with a solution for that.

**that being said, i still voted for removal of steam bc i dont think the gms will do anything substantive to fix pvp**
We've talked to them about razor enhanced and have been told they can look and see which client you are running, razor enhanced will result in a instant ban, so you'll be left with razor and euo like the good ole days
I know of a few poeple using razor enhanced and none of them are banned, so much for that theory.
hrs024 likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Just shut demise down already
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Tempest likes this.
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

Vander Nars wrote:
TheUnknown0617 wrote:
Josh wrote:Steam isnt "the problem," allowing certain actions within steam is the problem, there are alot of features you can disable, start disabling them...

Also fixing casting, teleports, mounts, etc is what the server needs. People will just shift to stealth, Razor enhanced or Easyuo for their scripting. If you want scripting being sub-par (not the most efficient way to pvp) then fixing the mechanics of the server is the proper solution.
---there have been many discussions surrounding fixing mechanics and how it affects pvm/pvp already, look at those if you wanna contemplate what to do in that respect---

There isn't a way to stop pvm scripting in my opinion, so I'm not going to bother with a solution for that.

**that being said, i still voted for removal of steam bc i dont think the gms will do anything substantive to fix pvp**
We've talked to them about razor enhanced and have been told they can look and see which client you are running, razor enhanced will result in a instant ban, so you'll be left with razor and euo like the good ole days
I know of a few poeple using razor enhanced and none of them are banned, so much for that theory.
^true
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
hrs024 likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Anonymous Group wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
TheUnknown0617 wrote:
^true
One of them brags about using Razor enhanced instead of uos claiming it makes it so much harder for him
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

The you guys are really proving the point. Most people don't know those programs, therefore making it unlikely most of the server is afk...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Russ4ua

Post by Russ4ua »

Sad, I thought I'd check back in and see if anything has been done about the state of PvP here. Sounds like it's still the same shit with automated newbs everywhere.

Edit: Not that I'm any damn good. Har! Might still come back and regrind PvE. Been on WoW for the last nine months and it was fun until I started raiding- 4.5 hours ugh just shoot me.

Btw, hey Bama! Roll Tide!