What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

Post by Vander Nars »

Josh wrote:Uhm we left bc i quit the server, it was boring, MOB has basically left the server and it we were only fighting the same 5 sf dudes, nightly. Also FPS is cancer, i hate that shit.

We dont run from servers, we left a bad server. Bile and Reefer both left pest before KVG did.

OSI casting wouldnt ruin the server, most mages should be just fine with it, mobs don't cast super fast. Also, it just increases the challenge of pvm, which is always good to make the game more challenging and fun.

Pvmers will be fine.
When we left the SF had already quit playing.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

We left because there were no fights.

It became a ghost-town.

No fights.

Empty.

Barren.

A Desolated Wasteland.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Thats not true logan lol
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

It is!
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

How to produce brsk, saws and hammers without steam?
I voted no.
Maybe disable it in pvp or fix casting/pet exploit.
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
hrs024 likes this.
kobra

Post by kobra »

i like my non crashing crafting, pvm macros but i dosen't like amounts of pvp uos macros what are around ;)
i Vote for not removing uos from demise ;)
Nicinha likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

i have the fix!!!!!!!
remove this option from steam
the fix.png
the fix.png (254.14 KiB) Viewed 3085 times
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Frasier likes this.
april0395

Post by april0395 »

I've been saving my vote, because I'm kind of torn on my decision. It seemed that the afk farming wasn't nearly as bad before allowing UOsteam and EasyUO. However, I was never any good at using razor, so when UOSteam came out, I could actually figure out how to make some macros. Some of my favorite things about UOSteam include:

1- The copy & paste ability to input macros, as well as editing with typing as opposed to limited to recording or figuring out the code and putting it in a text file and slipping it into the razor folder. Not sure why it was made that complicated, but it was pretty crappy.

2- Razor had limited organizers and restock agents. In order to have more, you have to make a new profile. This just seemed silly. My crafters had to have several profiles just because of the small amount of restock/organizers.

3- In order to have a restock or organizer in a macro, you first had to set it to a hotkey and then press the hotkey while recording. (At least that was the only way I could figure it out?) In steam, I just type "organizer 'nightshade'" and it's put in. So simple!

4- I absolutely love that when I make a new profile on UOSteam, I have the option of duping an existing profile, or starting with a clean slate. From what I remember on razor, when you made a new profile, all the macros carried over regardless, which made it look so messy. I'd have crafting macros on a profile even if I were playing on my mage.

5- The map on UOSteam has some nifty functions. It can show guildmates, and it will also show your most recent death so you can find your corpse.

6- If I remember right, razor didn't open tokuno doors. That was kind of annoying.

7- UOSteam has the ability to show what buffs are present on your buff bar, which makes casting spells like arcane empowerment and gift of life easier. If I accidentally hit the macro, I'll have it set so that it won't recast it if it's on my buff bar.

Those are some of my favorite things that Steam brings to the table. If we are not allowed to use Steam any longer, then I'd like some of these features looked at and possibly added to Razor for QOL. A lot of people left Razor for Steam because of it's ease of use and aren't breaking the rules. It sucks to punish those people in the process.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by april0395 on August 5th, 2018, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Duque, Tanya, Spok and 8 others like this.
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote: pvpers
Have you talked to any pvmers that are excited about coming to Demise if casting is made OSI accurate?

hate to tell ya this but OSI itself is still active with a MUCH larger population than demise, and that larger population is i would argue about 90% pvmers. the arguement that if casting get changed PVMers arnt gonna wanna play is literal garbage as UO has been around for 20 fucking years and during that 20 years weve gone from 0/0 casting to 2/6 casting to 4/6 casting. people have invested 10ish+ years on demise, if they leave because their scripts suddenly dont work chances are they werent really playing anyway. its one thing to have a QoL fix where you can use a hotkey to chug a pot and a completely different thing to hold 1 button that teleports/paras + ma/fb spams you by relevant tile.
James

Post by James »

Off topic, but while you are fixing casting can you add faction artifacts? It makes it nice to be able to PvP basically immediately without needing to spend 100 million gold to make an adequate suit.
koziar likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

desalonne wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Josh wrote: pvpers
Have you talked to any pvmers that are excited about coming to Demise if casting is made OSI accurate?

hate to tell ya this but OSI itself is still active with a MUCH larger population than demise, and that larger population is i would argue about 90% pvmers. the arguement that if casting get changed PVMers arnt gonna wanna play is literal garbage as UO has been around for 20 fucking years and during that 20 years weve gone from 0/0 casting to 2/6 casting to 4/6 casting. people have invested 10ish+ years on demise, if they leave because their scripts suddenly dont work chances are they werent really playing anyway. its one thing to have a QoL fix where you can use a hotkey to chug a pot and a completely different thing to hold 1 button that teleports/paras + ma/fb spams you by relevant tile.
They never had the arcade casting to want to stay or leave.

Remove steam and the 1 button crap goes away along with a lot of other things.

The point of my post is that the only ones wanting a change to casting are the minority.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
lissandro

Post by lissandro »

matg0d wrote: Everyone that has good runic armor/goo bows is done for, everyone else, have to grind gold/artys until the end of times to maybe buy from them, because that would be still easier then grinding for the runics/leather/BODs without UOSteam.
It is hard to imagine what these items will sell for after that.They harder to make, while more people(the ones left) will feel the need to grind gold to buy from the huge stashes that some people already have, at the same time lets suppose the farming gold bots are gone, it would take ages for the price to adjust itself on the damage those have done already.

I find hard to believe that will do any good to attract more players.

The only fair way to ban UOSteam is on a new instance of the server, banning it now will only favor who already used it to get where they are now.

I ´m back after 10 years without playing UO. Believe me, i´d love to have all runics/leather/arties to become at least, someone. I have no guild, no friends on the server. I had a lot of help from some players to start and i trying to make everything ALONE. Its VERY HARD and without Uosteam it would be definitly GAME OVER at least for me.

There are a lot of rich, full equiped players here... i saw a lot of peopple with 4+ houses plots like 17x17 only floor and some boxes to store macro resources, and i have a 7x7 plot on the end of the world!
Its impossible to purchase some itens, everything is more Kks than i had on my old old time here. Im two weeks on gauntlet with my almost naked char and no arties untill now.. the full build sampires+luck+damage have a Long advantage on the chance. If uosteam goes down... maybe its the end and just the few old players will remains.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Look I've restarted out of boredom without help in the past. It really doesn't take much effort to play this game.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama and hrs024 like this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

lissandro wrote:
matg0d wrote: Everyone that has good runic armor/goo bows is done for, everyone else, have to grind gold/artys until the end of times to maybe buy from them, because that would be still easier then grinding for the runics/leather/BODs without UOSteam.
It is hard to imagine what these items will sell for after that.They harder to make, while more people(the ones left) will feel the need to grind gold to buy from the huge stashes that some people already have, at the same time lets suppose the farming gold bots are gone, it would take ages for the price to adjust itself on the damage those have done already.

The only fair way to ban UOSteam is on a new instance of the server, banning it now will only favor who already used it to get where they are now.

I ´m back after 10 years without playing UO. Believe me, i´d love to have all runics/leather/arties to become at least, someone. I have no guild, no friends on the server. I had a lot of help from some players to start and i trying to make everything ALONE. Its VERY HARD and without Uosteam it would be definitly GAME OVER at least for me.

There are a lot of rich, full equiped players here... i saw a lot of peopple with 4+ houses plots like 17x17 only floor and some boxes to store macro resources, and i have a 7x7 plot on the end of the world!
Its impossible to purchase some itens, everything is more Kks than i had on my old old time here. Im two weeks on gauntlet with my almost naked char and no arties untill now.. the full build sampires+luck+damage have a Long advantage on the chance. If uosteam goes down... maybe its the end and just the few old players will remains.
this game is pretty easy to accumulate items
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

lissandro wrote:

all the things you just complained about are because of steam...