What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
lissandro

Re: What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

Post by lissandro »

Bad Religion wrote:
lissandro wrote:
matg0d wrote: Everyone that has good runic armor/goo bows is done for, everyone else, have to grind gold/artys until the end of times to maybe buy from them, because that would be still easier then grinding for the runics/leather/BODs without UOSteam.
It is hard to imagine what these items will sell for after that.They harder to make, while more people(the ones left) will feel the need to grind gold to buy from the huge stashes that some people already have, at the same time lets suppose the farming gold bots are gone, it would take ages for the price to adjust itself on the damage those have done already.

I find hard to believe that will do any good to attract more players.

The only fair way to ban UOSteam is on a new instance of the server, banning it now will only favor who already used it to get where they are now.

I ´m back after 10 years without playing UO. Believe me, i´d love to have all runics/leather/arties to become at least, someone. I have no guild, no friends on the server. I had a lot of help from some players to start and i trying to make everything ALONE. Its VERY HARD and without Uosteam it would be definitly GAME OVER at least for me.

There are a lot of rich, full equiped players here... i saw a lot of peopple with 4+ houses plots like 17x17 only floor and some boxes to store macro resources, and i have a 7x7 plot on the end of the world!
Its impossible to purchase some itens, everything is more Kks than i had on my old old time here. Im two weeks on gauntlet with my almost naked char and no arties untill now.. the full build sampires+luck+damage have a Long advantage on the chance. If uosteam goes down... maybe its the end and just the few old players will remains.

all the things you just complained about are because of steam...
Im not complain, but if uosteam over NOW. Whats the chance to the new players like me?
If Uosteam was always available, its not fair to disable now. Thats my point
Arden

Post by Arden »

This post is pointless.....

Steam isn’t going any where.

We just need pvp balance changes. Why change a whole server for a portion of the community.

I voted to get rid of steam, but I’d be happy with:

-Require taming to ride high end mounts
-delay of 3-4sec on specials after teleport
-diminishing returns on mortal same as osi
-reduce Apple timer to osi standard

Stretch requests:
-remove poison check ability from steam (you could still write a script to check journal but it would at least slow down the auto cure)
Gündüz

Post by Gündüz »

Bama wrote:
I’m selling my vote
My naked photo + 3m
Ally Scotty

Ally McBeaaall
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote:This post is pointless.....

Steam isn’t going any where.

We just need pvp balance changes. Why change a whole server for a portion of the community.

I voted to get rid of steam, but I’d be happy with:

-Require taming to ride high end mounts
-delay of 3-4sec on specials after teleport
-diminishing returns on mortal same as osi
-reduce Apple timer to osi standard

Stretch requests:
-remove poison check ability from steam (you could still write a script to check journal but it would at least slow down the auto cure)
Best post I've seen in awhile concerning PvP changes, or rather changes in general.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden likes this.
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

No love steam switched and learned it. Abandoned razor and haven't used in so long would have to relearn and remake every macro. Then be upset with all the features lost and how limited it is.
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
BeserkerX

Post by BeserkerX »

I think it would be easier if they just adjusted things when pvping instead of hurting the entire demise community. Honestly it really doesn't matter what they do cause someone will still be unhappy about something. I honestly just accept how demise is and enjoy the fact they take the time to keep it up for us to play. Everyone complains about OSI Uo and etc but demise isnt OSI so the rules and etc arent goin to be the same and that being said if its that bad to most then go play OSI. I sit and read how people complain so much instead of just enjoying Demise with all the unique people from different parts of the world. Its people i dont like but at the same time enjoy them cause they are part of demise and we all are a big family. We all should take time sometimes to thank the demise team for the work they do and time they put into the game for us. It sucks to see some of the older players leave or not play as much due to craziness. Ive been playing here for quite some time and seen so many leave but also come back cause Uo is like a abusive relationship lol no matter what you love it and will always think about it :D P.S i voted No!
Nicinha

Post by Nicinha »

the solution to this whole drama is simple: an effective antimacro.
Let's stop the hypocrisy, the assistant is not to blame, the culprits are the players with their abuses.

my vote was: do not remove, not hypocrisy.
BeserkerX likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

just fixing casting and cus and all problems solved
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Another feature I love is spell grid! I'd miss it! I have a terrible habit of left clicking a spell and have to pull it back out again.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
The Silvertiger

Bad Religion wrote:just fixing casting and cus and all problems solved
Not even a third
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
desalonne

Post by desalonne »

BeserkerX wrote:I think it would be easier if they just adjusted things when pvping instead of hurting the entire demise community. Honestly it really doesn't matter what they do cause someone will still be unhappy about something. I honestly just accept how demise is and enjoy the fact they take the time to keep it up for us to play. Everyone complains about OSI Uo and etc but demise isnt OSI so the rules and etc arent goin to be the same and that being said if its that bad to most then go play OSI. I sit and read how people complain so much instead of just enjoying Demise with all the unique people from different parts of the world. Its people i dont like but at the same time enjoy them cause they are part of demise and we all are a big family. We all should take time sometimes to thank the demise team for the work they do and time they put into the game for us. It sucks to see some of the older players leave or not play as much due to craziness. Ive been playing here for quite some time and seen so many leave but also come back cause Uo is like a abusive relationship lol no matter what you love it and will always think about it :D P.S i voted No!

yet demise advertised for 10+ years about how its the most "OSI like server" so obviously the goal was to be OSI or atleast better than OSI and the mechanics are broken due to the leaving of the owner the dream got lost. People dont play osi simply because of the ERA that osi is now at. If osi released an ML era server im sure atleast half if not more of this community would leave to play there. Stop saying this server is different because it was designed to be OSI accurate up until ryan bounced. EOS has obviously not kept the same dream.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I'll sum this up for everyone, quick and simple.

People who voted yes, want the casting changed.

People who voted no, do not want anything changed.

The problem isn't with the assistant itself.
The problem is with the mechanics coded into the system.

Staff can fix the issue without doing any drastic changes to the entire server.
Everything us "PvPers" want can be coded by staff.

All of you who want steam to be gone will be begging for it back before you know it.
Be thankful for what you have, once some things are done, they are in stone forever.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
BeserkerX likes this.
DG

Post by DG »

Scripts are not stoppable.

Game Mechanic is where the core problem lays.

If changing casting is too hard to decide,then lets start with fixing teleport!

PS,riding cu without taming can be done on OSI. not agree with removing it.But mounts speed can be tweaked.
Cold Blood and Tempest like this.
The Silvertiger

desalonne wrote:up until ryan bounced. EOS has obviously not kept the same dream.
Ryan bounced before Xavier left... He gave us this amazing assistant and look what happened. Half of the problems on the server never existed before this single change. On a side note, I'd love to know how many times Ryan has logged in in the past 10 years. I'd guess it's under 30 times.
Tempest wrote:People who voted yes, want the casting changed.
That is incorrect.
Selling List & Vendor

Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The Silvertiger wrote:
desalonne wrote:up until ryan bounced. EOS has obviously not kept the same dream.
Ryan bounced before Xavier left... He gave us this amazing assistant and look what happened. Half of the problems on the server never existed before this single change. On a side note, I'd love to know how many times Ryan has logged in in the past 10 years. I'd guess it's under 30 times.
Tempest wrote:People who voted yes, want the casting changed.
That is incorrect.

Don't just state that it's "incorrect", then not provide evidential information.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.