What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arden

Re: What's your Shard poll answers guys ?

Post by Arden »

Arden wrote:This post is pointless.....

Steam isn’t going any where.

We just need pvp balance changes. Why change a whole server for a portion of the community.

I voted to get rid of steam, but I’d be happy with:

-Require taming to ride high end mounts
-delay of 3-4sec on specials after teleport
-diminishing returns on mortal same as osi
-reduce Apple timer to osi standard

Stretch requests:
-remove poison check ability from steam (you could still write a script to check journal but it would at least slow down the auto cure)
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

The problem isn't with the assistant itself.
The problem is with the mechanics coded into the system.

Staff can fix the issue without doing any drastic changes to the entire server.
Everything us "PvPers" want can be coded by staff.

All of you who want steam to be gone will be begging for it back before you know it.
Be thankful for what you have, once some things are done, they are in stone forever.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Les Stroud

Post by Les Stroud »

Begging for it back?! Lol I never downloaded it
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Tempest wrote:All of you who want steam to be gone will be begging for it back before you know it..
Nah
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Black Dagger

Post by Black Dagger »

Alvin will say 'Yes' with his 132314124 house owner fake accounts.
GamliBaykus likes this.
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Tempest wrote:All of you who want steam to be gone will be begging for it back before you know it..
Nah
Yeh I kinda miss razor, I still use it from time to time just to mess around lol
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
The Silvertiger

Did you know: I have a vet script on razor?

Talking about features, one of the features I miss from razor is begin recording here. With steam I have to make a new macro to input certain things such as replygumps.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
TheUnknown0617 likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Tempest wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Tempest wrote: People who voted yes, want the casting changed.
Nah.
Explain.
I was UOSteam's beta tester. I knew of it's power before it was released and endorsed by Ryan. I think it's too powerful of an assistant (even with fixed casting... remember that you will still be able to fully automate your archer, do perfect dumps, crossfield, etc with it), and that most people are automating everything due to it and ease of access to scripts. I like the casting, but wasn't ever comfortable with Steam being openly available because stuff like teleport spam became a dire issue ever since it's release. Everyone has every script and abuses the hell out of it.

That being said, Razor enhanced is more powerful and is essentially indistiguishable from regular Razor, so banning UOSteam won't help at all. People will just migrate. At this stage, it's pointless.

And fixing casting as a whole, after people have been used to this casting for years, will just kill whatever is left of the shard. What we have left is basically custom fixes (like EoW fix, wakizashi fix that was recently implemented) to achieve a midterm solution.
Lucifall
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Also, remember that the much more powerful scripting engine of UOSteam helps with bods, house sorting, skill training, complex scripts (I have one that recalls to about 80 different runes based on the number I type. I can't realistically do that with Razor).

So, there you have it. That's my input in it. I was agaisnt releasing it to the public in the first place, but now that it's out there and there are more advanced programs being made for UO (namely Razor enhanced), it's pointless to remove it now.
Lucifall
Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Vander Nars wrote:
Reefer wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
ok so steam goes away then we just do all the same shit on easyuo and they have no way to police it. sounds good dude
Apperantly you have no idea about EUO, that shit would fuck up on people all the time, mortal someone and watch them cure cure cure lol. Steam doesn't fuck up like EUO. Ban steam and keep the casting for a middle ground.
Anyone who votes yes to keep steam for pvp purposes is shit at pvp on this game and relies on holding those buttons down.
Didnt you hide behind a zerg on the last shard you played? lol talking about people being shit at pvp.
You died 2v5 on Pest lmao, just as retarded as Alter.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Reefer wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:
Reefer wrote: Apperantly you have no idea about EUO, that shit would fuck up on people all the time, mortal someone and watch them cure cure cure lol. Steam doesn't fuck up like EUO. Ban steam and keep the casting for a middle ground.
Anyone who votes yes to keep steam for pvp purposes is shit at pvp on this game and relies on holding those buttons down.
Didnt you hide behind a zerg on the last shard you played? lol talking about people being shit at pvp.
And when was this? let me guess! The first week when all of kvg was in 20/30 resist lrc gear and some of us didnt even have 2/6 casting yet however ur zerg had already suited you and bile in all 60s with 2/6. There is a reason yall lost fights with double our numbers once kvg got suited, you know that was right around the same time you and bile decided pest wasn't fun anymore because u lost ur gear advantage and numbers wasn't enough to get you a 100% win. So pls zerg trash tell me more about how retarded I am.
Will-twins likes this.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

This question is a joke! Do you really think UOS is the problem? UOS is just an easier scripting tool with good functionality for lay people. In the game, scripts / macros have been around forever, only limited to those they knew how to do, as cheats are exploited in some other games. I remember similar complaints with the current EUO, extremely powerful program for those who know how to use it, including without limitations that UOS has.
Imagine blocking UOS today? Most players will be able to migrate to Enchanted Razor, Orion Client, EUO, OpenUO and so many others, you are deluded thinking that the macros will end. the only difference is that power will be in the hands of less player, because not everyone has the knowledge to use other platforms. it is a fact that all large PVP guilds have at least one script / programmer, this will make all the adjustments so that your allies do not suffer without macros.
Just so you know, it is possible to mock the official server for the use of any of the wizards said above, imagine the demise? lol
The problem of PVP unbalance is in the RUNUO, this is the step that the staff needs to walk. It took months (or years) to update the simple Wakisahi exploration, for years it claims Teleport / Cast and nobody solves, deregulated casting speed, allowing flood of spells (heal), swing bug and so many others, every pvp bug that is reported is said to be the loser's excuse and receives little attention.

Good luck to those who do not know how to program with the exit of UOS, you will be massacred.
The Silvertiger

Silly boy, all programs leave traces.
Selling List & Vendor

Reefer

Post by Reefer »

Vander Nars wrote:
Reefer wrote:
Vander Nars wrote: Didnt you hide behind a zerg on the last shard you played? lol talking about people being shit at pvp.
And when was this? let me guess! The first week when all of kvg was in 20/30 resist lrc gear and some of us didnt even have 2/6 casting yet however ur zerg had already suited you and bile in all 60s with 2/6. There is a reason yall lost fights with double our numbers once kvg got suited, you know that was right around the same time you and bile decided pest wasn't fun anymore because u lost ur gear advantage and numbers wasn't enough to get you a 100% win. So pls zerg trash tell me more about how retarded I am.
Retard
Vander Nars likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Grifo wrote:This question is a joke! Do you really think UOS is the problem? UOS is just an easier scripting tool with good functionality for lay people. In the game, scripts / macros have been around forever, only limited to those they knew how to do, as cheats are exploited in some other games. I remember similar complaints with the current EUO, extremely powerful program for those who know how to use it, including without limitations that UOS has.
Imagine blocking UOS today? Most players will be able to migrate to Enchanted Razor, Orion Client, EUO, OpenUO and so many others, you are deluded thinking that the macros will end. the only difference is that power will be in the hands of less player, because not everyone has the knowledge to use other platforms. it is a fact that all large PVP guilds have at least one script / programmer, this will make all the adjustments so that your allies do not suffer without macros.
Just so you know, it is possible to mock the official server for the use of any of the wizards said above, imagine the demise? lol
The problem of PVP unbalance is in the RUNUO, this is the step that the staff needs to walk. It took months (or years) to update the simple Wakisahi exploration, for years it claims Teleport / Cast and nobody solves, deregulated casting speed, allowing flood of spells (heal), swing bug and so many others, every pvp bug that is reported is said to be the loser's excuse and receives little attention.

Good luck to those who do not know how to program with the exit of UOS, you will be massacred.
Too much power to the masses. The staff want the euo scripters the only ones benefiting :p
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Grifo likes this.