Halloween Town 2018

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

Re: Halloween Town 2018

Post by Amish Hammer »

just gotta think about it with common sense and not a greedy mind. its a 20+ year old game with a dying community. if you dont want it to die out, then you make it more friendly to new comers. plus it slightly helps the economy problem, but in the grand scale of things, the economy will never get fixed on our server unless the people make it happen.
Discord: Amish#1299
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Amish Hammer wrote:Few ideas I feel would make it better :coffee:

1. get more counselors to monitor the event {gotta creep on those macroers/ghosts} :)
2. make exorcism usable anywhere
3. Shorten spawn rates for the bosses by ALOT
4. lessen the drop rates on all bosses
5. make the "big items" drop on all the bosses, but have an even less chance to get them
6. make the bosses have more HP so they dont die in 5 seconds
7. give the pvp zone a better chance to get the "big items" so they dont feel cheated.

Feel free to debate my ideas, I just feel these would be more beneficial for all. New players, Old players, Players from all around the world.
agreed
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Vander Nars wrote:Honestly trinket just needs to be a universal boss drop, this lets pvpers fight for it and it lets pvmers afk for it. No one can really be upset about that.
So Hz will be afk... got it...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
kobra

Post by kobra »

Instead of telling gms what to do or what you want, try to ask them nicely :smile:
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

kobra wrote:Instead of telling gms what to do or what you want, try to ask them nicely :smile:
I thought i made friendly suggestions. Reading something via text is tough but I certainly didn't intend to sound bossy.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Amish Hammer wrote: 4. lessen the drop rates on all bosses

What the actual fuck?

Drop rates are already super fucking low. We're grown ups with jobs and lives. No one wants to farm the same monster 100 times for something that has a 1% drop rate.

I suggest doing the exact opposite.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Mr Straitions wrote:

What the actual fuck?

Drop rates are already super fucking low. We're grown ups with jobs and lives. No one wants to farm the same monster 100 times for something that has a 1% drop rate.

I kinda agree with Amish,

It's actually normal that not everyone gets that big fat awesome drop. Some are lucky some are not.

By making the drop more frequent, to cope with people that don't spend their days playing, by consequence they make it so that the people who are able to play 24/7 will get far more rewards than they actually should.

So it's really a double edged blade, that has to be tuned very carefully.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Made In Quebec wrote:tuned
Honed

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Mr Straitions wrote:

What the actual fuck?

Well my friend, if you read #3. it would balance that out. with shorter spawn rates, the less waiting you will have to do, BUT with shorter spawn rates, the chance to get items would need to be lessened so there isnt a super overflow of items coming in. But with the shorter spawn rates, it just gives a better chance for the players that actually have a life to get stuff aswell.
Discord: Amish#1299
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

Just do a luck point system similar to tots and doom. Obviously, a lower point system than doom since the event is less time. Give points for all kills like tot so not everyone is just camping bosses.

Hell, I am not really complaining just offering an idea. That type of stuff takes time and the staff has lives outside of the game, so whatever htown is this year I will poke around a liitle.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Amish Hammer wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:

What the actual fuck?

Well my friend, if you read #3. it would balance that out. with shorter spawn rates, the less waiting you will have to do, BUT with shorter spawn rates, the chance to get items would need to be lessened so there isnt a super overflow of items coming in. But with the shorter spawn rates, it just gives a better chance for the players that actually have a life to get stuff aswell.

Here is my honest opinion: The no lifers will exploit whatever the scenario is so you might as well cater to the casuals.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Amish Hammer wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:

What the actual fuck?

Here is my honest opinion: The no lifers will exploit whatever the scenario is so you might as well cater to the casuals.
should not cater to the minority :)
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Arden

Post by Arden »

Mr Straitions wrote: The no lifers will exploit whatever the scenario is so you might as well cater to the casuals.
You realize hz was one of the main guilds sitting at these spots afk right? IMO make h-town all fel BOOM no more afks.
Otim O'Connel

Post by Otim O'Connel »

Fey Slayer property added to crafted spellbooks and scrappers compendium or Fallen Mystics Spellbook but, we don't have mysticism
~ We are eternal all this pain is an illusion
ImageMy Buy ListImage
ImageMy Vendor Image
The Silvertiger and Ajani like this.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Lets just add arty spawners to luna floor so everyone can have everything right away... :roll:
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Arden likes this.