Anyone notice how little data this game really uses?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bug

Anyone notice how little data this game really uses?

Post by Bug »

I play off my mobile phone's hotspot wifi and for the last few days I ran out of the high speed data and have been reduced to such a slow speed that I cannot even check yahoo email.

Yet I have no problem playing uo demise. Even running around Luna I cannot see a difference.

The forums only slow down if someone posts a picture. Then it is like being a kid again when I was on 14k dial up where the image slowly appears line by line from top to bottom.
The Silvertiger

Re: Anyone notice how little data this game really uses?

Post by The Silvertiger »

Yet, it is so hard on pc's memory...

Could you test pvping like that? I used to PvP on mobile hotspot, but I didn't get limited due to being on data. Of course I had like 50 gigs so that wasn't happening.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bug

Post by Bug »

It costs $50 for four gigabytes with verizon, I could not imagine how much 50 would be.

I uses to do some pvp on another shard long ago on hotpot and speed was never an issue. Biggest problem was using that dang touchpad.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

my internet goes out at least once a day and when it does I use my mobile hotspot, two months ago I used 206gb of data working, playing games, watching streams. They throttle me after about 50 but it isnt that bad.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bad Religion wrote:my internet goes out at least once a day and when it does I use my mobile hotspot, two months ago I used 206gb of data working, playing games, watching streams. They throttle me after about 50 but it isnt that bad.
Yea, I hate that about my internet. I know it's due to them updating my router, but I wish they wouldn't do it every freaking day.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."