Jail Time

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Bad Religion

Re: Jail Time

Post by Bad Religion »

Amish Hammer wrote:
Bad Religion wrote: The most expensive and desired items are pvp items. 50% of the people that pvm do it so they can pvp better.
By that logic, wouldnt that just mean there is a 50% pvp base and a 50%pvm base? So it wouldnt be a pvp based game. :) Its an mmo that has multiple ways to play it, its not just pvp. Heck I can probably guarantee that the number of afk scripters outnumbers the pvpers and pvmers combined.
and a lot of those afk scripters pvp...
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Amish Hammer wrote:Sadly players think they have the right to complain about the jailing, but when you sign up, you get the rules, it shows how the game is guided to be played, and if someone breaks the rules thats their own risk. If they get caught they have no right to complain about it. It only takes one button to turn off a macro, so if you need to go pee, just go to a safe place and turn it off. boom, no rule breaking then and it doesnt waste time. Just gotta play by the rules that are set and use common sense then things will go perfectly fine.

I do get it, people these days dont like putting the effort into getting the rewards they want to make their own experience better. Its human nature to find a shortcut to try and make things easier, but if you are going to purposely break the rules, you should accept the risk. The depressing problem is, the people that are breaking the rules are the ones that profit and set the prices in the economy, so that just encourages others to follow along and join it because it seems rewarding and its easy. This way of thinking is only making the game worse and doesnt even make it feel like its worth playing. It just makes the game harder and harder for players that actually follow the rules and put the effort in for things.

I feel like the new staff are a good thing, it will help keep everyone on edge and atleast make people remember to check their screen once in a while, and you know, maybe actually play the game.
to preface: I dont do any scripting of sampires or hw or any of that shit, I just love pvping and crafting. So i like big fights(more people), and cheap runics(other people scripting). I havnt ever got in trouble for anything like this in game ever. I make my money spawning and raiding spawns to support my crafting addiction.

You're talking about "if you are going to purposely break the rules" a lot of these people are actually at their computer and just fucked up for a second. Im trying to still punish the people that are actually afk doing it or the ones that, god forbid, look at something else for more than 3 minutes but actually there and trying to not really break the rules. By punishing them based on how long it takes to respond after the 3 minutes, it encourages habits of them still being able to script, but learning to pay attention more because the punishment will fit the crime. I promise the amount of people that are at their computer but just alt tabbing and switching back and forth that are getting punished are about the same amount as the ones that just are actually just afk and this is a huge part of our playerbase. We've already lost all of loop, pvp is dying leading up to the best pvp of the year and every day I hear about people contribute a lot to the pvp scene getting week bans for this shit when they were just doing something else and not paying close enough attention. Then they get told too fucking bad and chests in their houses deleted with items not even from scripting.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

tldr: this game is fucking dying stop making people want to stop playing completely by banning them for doing what almost everyone on this server has done at some point. Find other ways to accomplish your goal of policing and establishing fair rules.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Ban them all. Then, I can be the richest player on the server.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:tldr: this game is fucking dying stop making people want to stop playing completely by banning them for doing what almost everyone on this server has done at some point. Find other ways to accomplish your goal of policing and establishing fair rules.
get them to stop afking and we will stop banning them
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

lot of them are in your guild so maybe you talk to them
Alvin likes this.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Ajani wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:tldr: this game is fucking dying stop making people want to stop playing completely by banning them for doing what almost everyone on this server has done at some point. Find other ways to accomplish your goal of policing and establishing fair rules.
get them to stop afking and we will stop banning them
confirmed hz has a gm in its guild?
JlM

Post by JlM »

Honestly, everyone has AFK'd for a moment or two in their UO time. The problem I see is people who constantly afk Farm GOLD/ITEMS/RESOURCES/RUNICS/PET's ETC. Not the people who were attended but go take a shit and are gone for 5 mins (given this is still wrong).

Just hit Pause people.... shit I got jailed making this post... Forgot to hit pause...JK
Arden

Post by Arden »

TLDR this entire thread....

dont want to get banned? Dont afk farm....Or use VPNs like all the other afkers...
hrs024 likes this.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

If you're gonna run a hands free script, you better be at your keyboard while doing it!
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

The Silvertiger

ortiz wrote:If you're gonna run a hands free script, you better be at your keyboard while doing it!
Nah, be in the same room is fine. You just have to glance over every 3 minutes.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
JlM likes this.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

JlM wrote:Honestly, everyone has AFK'd for a moment or two in their UO time.
Never.
Tycho likes this.
The Silvertiger

I try to be honest and admit that I have afk'd attended and unattended. The difference is I am a responsible person and take accountability for my actions. If I'm disobeying the rules that are clearly posted, please feel free to punish me as set forth by the rules.

If I go pee, it doesn't take me 3 minutes to do so. If I feel like I may be unable to respond in a reasonable amount of time, I will press pause and human hide or turn on my endless invisibility script. It's a simple concept. You really aren't missing that much by pausing for a few minutes to go do irl. If you don't pause you could be missing a whole lot: time and previously acquired goods. Is the 20k you'll be missing out on for pausing a few minutes worth the hours, days, weeks, months if caught unattended would cost you plus material loss.
Selling List & Vendor

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

The Silvertiger wrote:
I try to be honest and admit that I have afk'd attended and unattended. The difference is I am a responsible person and take accountability for my actions. If I'm disobeying the rules that are clearly posted, please feel free to punish me as set forth by the rules.

If I go pee, it doesn't take me 3 minutes to do so. If I feel like I may be unable to respond in a reasonable amount of time, I will press pause and human hide or turn on my endless invisibility script. It's a simple concept. You really aren't missing that much by pausing for a few minutes to go do irl. If you don't pause you could be missing a whole lot: time and previously acquired goods. Is the 20k you'll be missing out on for pausing a few minutes worth the hours, days, weeks, months if caught unattended would cost you plus material loss.
Its easy to take responsibility when its not you that the GM deleted boxes out of dudes house full of stuff that had nothing to do with his drop box.
The Silvertiger

Vander Nars wrote: Its easy to take responsibility when its not you that the GM deleted boxes out of dudes house full of stuff that had nothing to do with his drop box.
@Tycho feel free to delete my 4 houses if I'm caught unattended gathering. I will be at the last place you checked me on my character Ducky unattended @1am utc Monday Oct 8th 2018.
Tycho wrote:My name is Gamemaster Tycho, and I support this message.
Selling List & Vendor