Illegal botting

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mister Pink

Re: Illegal botting

Post by Mister Pink »

The Silvertiger wrote:If we take the rules literally "that gives an advantage" all similar combat bots are illegal. So, the ghost cams at fire entrance, stealthers, candle bots, etc would all be illegal. I hope they just ban all of your guilds so I can farm leather in peace.
A bit of a difference in having a stealther that isn't engaged in combat in a dungeon entrance, with no macro playing, than having a character using a script that will announce new players entering a dungeon in guild chat, or what the OP mentions.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Mister Pink wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:If we take the rules literally "that gives an advantage" all similar combat bots are illegal. So, the ghost cams at fire entrance, stealthers, candle bots, etc would all be illegal. I hope they just ban all of your guilds so I can farm leather in peace.
A bit of a difference in having a stealther that isn't engaged in combat in a dungeon entrance, no macro playing than having a character that will announce in guild chat new players entering dungeon, or telling in guild chat about candles.
Not if we take the words "that gives an advantage" literally. Knowing when the enemy is coming in is definitely an advantage.

Ban em all, @Tycho!
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Mister Pink wrote:
A bit of a difference in having a stealther that isn't engaged in combat in a dungeon entrance, no macro playing than having a character that will announce in guild chat new players entering dungeon, or telling in guild chat about candles.
Not if we take the words "that gives an advantage" literally. Knowing when the enemy is coming in is definitely an advantage.

Ban em all, @Tycho!
You aren't afk on that character when you are reading the information in the journal. Passing that info afk to the entire guild without looking at it in game is the reason for the OP.

But yes I'd be 100% for GMs saying you can't have afk characters at the dungeon entrances for cam purposes.
The Silvertiger

Afk has nothing to do with it. By the wording, even if you have the clients side by side, one is spawning in coon and the other is at fire entrance you are in violation of the gives advantage clause.

There's nothing illegal about gathering information unattended.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

There are three possible rules violations: vpning for accounts exceeding the 4 account limit, illegal third party software[stealth client has been proposed in the past], and illegal use of multiple clients.

Code: Select all

Accounts
Do not exceed 4 accounts per household.

This is not per player; if multiple people play then the total number of accounts must not exceed 4. Extra accounts may be granted depending on the number of people living in your household (contact an administrator for this).
Explains itself. Don't exceed 4.

Client
Allowed client modifications are limited to art changes only. Your client and assistant program should otherwise remain unmodified.

Authorized third party software includes:
UOSteam
Razor
UOCartographer
UOWedding
UO Automap
UOBod

EasyUO may be used, but only for actions possible and allowed in Razor/UOSteam.
If using stealth client. If using euo to post in discord as has been previously proposed.

Multi-clienting
Do not use multiple clients in combat. This is defined as the use of one or more extra clients that provide you with an advantage in combat.

Do not be involved in combat in two different locations with two different clients.

Alternate characters may be kept close, unautomated, for resurrection.
First word that pops out: unautomated. Secondly is the line "that provide you with an advantage in combat." As previously stated knowing someone is spawning, how many there are, etc is a large advantage in PvP. Hopefully, they start enforcing this rule in trammel and fel.
Selling List & Vendor

Bad Religion likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

I don't understand why people want these crazy advantages instead of playing the game and trying to get better so you don't lose every single major fight.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Maybe you guys wouldn't get shit on in lost lands if you actually had to run it to check spawns every once in a while.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Lul u put in the same line auto program that informs the guild about evry spawn on shard with 1 ghost cam (THAT CAN BE SEEN) at the dung (1 spawn ) entrance.. and we both know there are other ways to enter spawns? ... srsly...
low lvl trolling.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Anthropomorphist

Post by Anthropomorphist »

I would like to see the staff's statement on this. Like always they prefer keep the silence.
Discord app: Anthropomorphist#7728
The Silvertiger

Shallan wrote:
Lul u put in the same line auto program that informs the guild about evry spawn on shard with 1 ghost cam (THAT CAN BE SEEN) at the dung (1 spawn ) entrance.. and we both know there are other ways to enter spawns? ... srsly...
low lvl trolling.
Yes, I did. They both give an advantage in combat. Therefore by the letter of the rules are illegal. Both of them.
Selling List & Vendor

Shallan

Post by Shallan »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Shallan wrote:
low lvl trolling.
Yes, I did. They both give an advantage in combat. Therefore by the letter of the rules are illegal. Both of them.
But u must agree that the auto bot that u possible cannot detect is more offensive to the rules that the ghost thats stands in front of the dungeon and need person to check if some one is entering.

But if u put it on the same line then

blocking the spawn with items is the same as blocking the spawn with items but leaving 1 tile thats is imposible to find during combat cause of bodies etc.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
The Silvertiger

Shallan wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Shallan wrote: Lul u put in the same line auto program that informs the guild about evry spawn on shard with 1 ghost cam (THAT CAN BE SEEN) at the dung (1 spawn ) entrance.. and we both know there are other ways to enter spawns? ... srsly...
low lvl trolling.
But u must agree that the auto bot that u possible cannot detect is more offensive to the rules that the ghost thats stands in front of the dungeon and need person to check if some one is entering.

But if u put it on the same line then

blocking the spawn with items is the same as blocking the spawn with items but leaving 1 tile thats is imposible to find during combat cause of bodies etc.
No.

I don't do more offensive to the rules. Imo they are both illegal and get punishment. The punishment received is dictated by the staff that catches them.

As far as the item blocking there's a difference in the comparison you are trying. On one end you have 2 illegal activities [candle bots and raid detectors]. On the other end you have one illegal activity and one staff approved activity [fully blocking and leaving a path that you like.]

Just be glad I don't setup candles.
Selling List & Vendor

Loler

Post by Loler »

Anthropomorphist wrote:I would like to see the staff's statement on this. Like always they prefer keep the silence.
I would like to see the staffs statement on you using 3 accounts at the same time to do spawns. Or do you not want ne to post the video and proof of you doing it?
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Duque and Vitek- like this.
Anthropomorphist

Loler wrote:
Anthropomorphist wrote:I would like to see the staff's statement on this. Like always they prefer keep the silence.
I would like to see the staffs statement on you using 3 accounts at the same time to do spawns. Or do you not want ne to post the video and proof of you doing it?
I already did that and I admit, I took ban for a week and I do not do any more.
Anthropomorphist

Post the video please. I don't care.