server development

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
scatman

server development

Post by scatman »

Hi,

I was thinking about changes which would increase amount of people on Demise.
I came to conclusion that creating a server in Europe would have a big impact in Demise's Growth.
Server would become more internetional, new players would come.
Imo amount of new players would drastically grow.

I know that such topics already appeared in our forums but I am not much into these discussions and I am not very much familiar in IT stuff, therefore I have question.
I would like to know if it's possible to place a server in some way synchronized with the server in America, which would lower our pings.
2 computers(one in America, one in Europe), one server.

I am sure that some of the players would like to finance such project and keep taking care of it.

Regards,
Scat
april0395 likes this.
The Silvertiger

Re: server development

Post by The Silvertiger »

It is a good question: can there be two computer server's in sync with each other.

Imo no. You can see where other games or OSI have catered to more regions. You would wind up with 2 different server's with their own unique economy and histories.

Would this be better for demise overall? It is a hard question to answer. I think initially there would be a great surge to the new server even by those in the West. Eventually all the newness would die down and the population of each individual would be less than current demise which would lead to a quicker server death by both server's imo.

Now if both server's could be connected in perfect sync that'd be super awesome and lead to prolonged server life. I just don't think it is possible in the current age with reasonable pricing.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Lomita

Post by Lomita »

I play from Germany on Demise.
I do not know my ping right now,but my connection is not worse than my old osi-shard Drachenfels,all is smooth and absolutely playable (PvM only).
Only house signs take a short time,probably because of the thousands of items inside.

Demise is very hard to find,google and the "freeshard list websites" show me a lot of shards,but not Demise.
I found Demise via youtube videos.
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
CrazyAPP

Post by CrazyAPP »

scatman wrote:Hi,

I came to conclusion that creating a server in Europe would have a big impact in Demise's Growth.

I know that such topics already appeared in our forums but I am not much into these discussions and I am not very much familiar in IT stuff, therefore I have question.
I would like to know if it's possible to place a server in some way synchronized with the server in America, which would lower our pings.

I am sure that some of the players would like to finance such project and keep taking care of it.

Regards,
Scat
you are right, but thats only a login server I think, like a proxy server.
player connect the login server, login server connect Demise server.
Ryan had promised login server in Europe and Asia, but only a promise, he give up us.
Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

CrazyAPP wrote:
scatman wrote:Hi,

Regards,
Scat
you are right, but thats only a login server I think, like a proxy server.
player connect the login server, login server connect Demise server.
Ryan had promised login server in Europe and Asia, but only a promise, he give up us.
oh damn, thats a sad story