Regarding Champions: A Casual Guide to Boating

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
MB

Re: Regarding Champions: A Casual Guide to Boating

Post by MB »

Selling Rikktor, sb 10kk
hrs024, Duque, Ajani and 4 others like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

SB
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Shit is dead guys, please realize that.

My current estimation is that Demise has something around 200 bots and 100 afk non-macroers.

The rest is either some adventurous newbs or some old players trying to carve some fun out of a game that has no longer valid objectives to be persued.

So what is left to do? Maybe hide some champion spawn in T2A will give some sense of achievement and some watered up amusement.

Everything truly valuable that you can achieve here has to go through some kind of repetitive, exploitish action and no one cares about it anymore.
Buguei, hrs024, Reetus and 2 others like this.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

And btw...

Finding those had nothing to do with fun, or adventure, or a rewarding game play experience.

Because is that what we are trying to achieve here right? FUN!

Right guys? Guys....? Anyone?

Demise has a small but influential set of players that are very dedicated in removing the fun from the game and replacing it with a repetitive, exploitish way of playing. And nothing has ever happened to those player. That's a historical fact. Demise survived for all those years not because of those players, but DESPITE of them. Now the survival of the shard is depending on rebuilding a fun atmosphere where players not bots are encouraged to play. Nevertheless, looking back and analyzing past behavior, I don't believe that will be the case here.

UO is already 90% boredom, 10% action. Why removing even further the action out of the game that is already struggling? Why not, instead of that, actively thinking of ways for improving the game play experience that has been under severe criticism from players that truly care and play the game (or at least used to...)? The passion for the status quo when confronting a dreadful reality will always be a puzzle for me.
jaasso

Post by jaasso »

it's the good old ''can be a piece of shit without any serious repercussions so of course i will''
The Silvertiger

Eh... I would have enjoyed looking for them. I guess I fit the category of old adventurous noob. That's what makes UO so great. Some people like to do random stuff. I noticed they were still in t2a, yes?
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

From my understanding, you had several days to do so, and yet nothing happened.

But that's a minor issue, my case is that this kind of action tries to hurt the game; not to improve it. The shard is crying for improvement, and yet a small community of players are fighting will all their power to justify their exploitish behavior instead of using all that drive to improve the game play experience, not only for them, but for all of the others members of this community as well. That always made me sad.

This kind of post reinforces that a small community of players will try eagerly to deny that some of their actions negatively contribute to the already beaten overall fun of the game. Demise is suffering the consequences of years of negligence and stubbornness.

After several years status quo, people are finally leaving and nothing is being done to prevent that. The bot population is out of control, and yet we are focusing somehow to establish if using part of an event that was not available to no one anymore is a valid action or not. Or if using 2 accounts for PvP is valid as long as they are not casting fireball at the exact same time. Developing bots, exploiting gray area and favoritism has always been this shard's brand.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Your automatic spawn checker tells you rikktor is up.
Your 10 guild members stop their LoL game and login.
You 10vs3 some noobs and even efield the exit gate a few times for good luck.
13 people log out.
Nicinha and GamliBaykus like this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Looks like both those champs were still in t2a you didnt even have to search all of the game.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
The Silvertiger and Duque like this.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

This is what happens when you try to make a complex point over the internets.

- So, as evolution theory says, we and monkeys might have come from the same evolutionary line..
- I ain't no monkey
- This is not what I'm trying to say, I'm actually...
- I AIN"T NO MONKEY!
- Ok.
Buguei likes this.
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

Llama Vortex wrote:From my understanding, you had several days to do so, and yet nothing happened.

But that's a minor issue, my case is that this kind of action tries to hurt the game; not to improve it. The shard is crying for improvement, and yet a small community of players are fighting will all their power to justify their exploitish behavior instead of using all that drive to improve the game play experience, not only for them, but for all of the others members of this community as well. That always made me sad.

This kind of post reinforces that a small community of players will try eagerly to deny that some of their actions negatively contribute to the already beaten overall fun of the game. Demise is suffering the consequences of years of negligence and stubbornness.

After several years status quo, people are finally leaving and nothing is being done to prevent that. The bot population is out of control, and yet we are focusing somehow to establish if using part of an event that was not available to no one anymore is a valid action or not. Or if using 2 accounts for PvP is valid as long as they are not casting fireball at the exact same time. Developing bots, exploiting gray area and favoritism has always been this shard's brand.
the staff are part of the problem as well. they have no interest in improving the server.
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Dead, dead, deadmise lol
Nicinha

Post by Nicinha »

OMG !!!

So, let's see if I understand correctly: certain guild, which can not be named, gets bored and decides to "block" a whole facet, claiming to be promoting a maritime "quest"?

About 4 years ago, my guild came to the forums begging the staff to fix champion altars as per OSI (returning champions to altars as soon as certain tile range limit is reached), precisely because of spy bots abuses commited by the guild that can not be named. Nothing was done by the staff... 90% of our guild members quit.

As for the said "quest", I only have to say that if I wanted to "navigate" in UO I'd rather go to OSI, because they have the HS expansion, which was created just for the lovers of such content, which seems to be your case, so I conclude that you are playing on the wrong server.

I'm sorry for my english.
The Silvertiger

I'm certain if you didn't want to navigate one of those champions is of no concern to you anyway.

2 champions out of about 7 or 8, but yet it is the whole facet is blocked. Sounds like a Baker's story.
Selling List & Vendor

Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

The Silvertiger wrote:I'm certain if you didn't want to navigate one of those champions is of no concern to you anyway.

2 champions out of about 7 or 8, but yet it is the whole facet is blocked. Sounds like a Baker's story.
A champ being active on a boat for almost a month is just dumb. It's pointless shit. Simple fix. Have the champ come back to the altar at server restart.

If any other guild boated all the t2a champs and made a big deal about it. How quickly do you think they would get magically found?