Regarding Champions: A Casual Guide to Boating

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Regarding Champions: A Casual Guide to Boating

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:
Tycho wrote:Recently there has been some confusion as to when a Staff Member will step in regarding the propensity for our T2A Champions to take up boating as a new hobby. So let me clarify:

Lord Oaks is, currently, the only T2A Champion that will be returned to his altar.

All of the other Champions can be besieged in their respective dungeons, Lord Oaks only spawns in one place.
Hi! Will staff be deleting blocking boats like they do at Terra Sanctum?
That is a good and interesting question I hope you get a reply to it

I would say no
Putting boats there to block others is perfectly legal apparently
You see many years ago when the guy running this place had a couple of Barcode members as staff it was deemed legal

You have to go back a few years
Remember when you could chain the same champ over and over in T2A because of how Valor worked on Demise?
Remember how broken Valor was?
You could valor the idol right away and get the same champ to pop
Remember?
Well 1 weekend Barcode got a champ they wanted to pop at Terra Sanctumand they spent the majority of that weekend chaining the same champ
They also blocked off the seaway with boats
Players complained
The guy running the place did nothing about it

A member of Barcode who was also a Staff member got on the forum and stated that they left a path open because the rule states “ there must be at least 1 clear path blah blah blah“
That same person also posted a screen shot showing where the other unblocked path is

Now using your link
In that picture there is an arrow
To the right of that arrow is a path that apparently can be reached by boat
You just have cast teleport from the boat to get on the island
I'm aware of the boat ordeal and the alternate entrance, but I believe there is a sign on the beach concerning boats. If you will remember this same "guy" that allowed it, that weekend, had a tendency to change his mind/do whatever he felt like doing on that particular day.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
The Silvertiger

Bad Religion wrote:Hz is mad because they got called out on their illegal cams so they are looking for other ways to grief new players in t2a.
Puhlease... they been doing this for years.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bama likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Yah every time they get exposed for an exploit they punish the honest citizens of Sosaria by quarantining points of income.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Didn't you guys cry last year when we did this, then gloated about all the scrolls you got when you found all the bosses? God forbid we change shit up for a spell.

Btw, on OSI champs are chained to the altar. You drag them off they pop back. Not quite as interesting, but that is the mechanic.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Ajani likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

KvG whine about everything
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Tycho wrote:Recently there has been some confusion as to when a Staff Member will step in regarding the propensity for our T2A Champions to take up boating as a new hobby. So let me clarify:

Lord Oaks is, currently, the only T2A Champion that will be returned to his altar.

All of the other Champions can be besieged in their respective dungeons, Lord Oaks only spawns in one place.
With all due respect...

Said siege is unlike OSI and, given that we are an OSI-like shard, said behaviour should be dealt with by staff while a fix is worked on. As soon as someone boats a boss outside of T2A it's virtually impossible to find. No other relevant boss mob is able to leave it's main area and that is BY DESIGN. You can't take a Dark Father for a ride and block gauntlet. You can't lure off Melisande and pretend it to be some kind of event. You can't take the Harry for a walk accross Sosaria. You can only lure it to spots inside a limited area. Altho T2A is very very wide, it's not nearly as big as the Mainland, and on OSI they simply go back to their altar, for obvious reasons.

You can also just ignore yet another exploit and let it go rampant. That has been typical Demise behaviour since I started playing here in 2006.
Lucifall
The Silvertiger

Legacy wrote:

With all due respect...

Said siege is unlike OSI and, given that we are an OSI-like shard, said behaviour should be dealt with by staff while a fix is worked on. As soon as someone boats a boss outside of T2A it's virtually impossible to find. No other relevant boss mob is able to leave it's main area and that is BY DESIGN. You can't take a Dark Father for a ride and block gauntlet. You can't lure off Melisande and pretend it to be some kind of event. You can't take the Harry for a walk accross Sosaria. You can only lure it to spots inside a limited area. Altho T2A is very very wide, it's not nearly as big as the Mainland, and on OSI they simply go back to their altar, for obvious reasons.

You can also just ignore yet another exploit and let it go rampant. That has been typical Demise behaviour since I started playing here in 2006.
But better
Selling List & Vendor

Arden

Post by Arden »

Vitek- wrote:
Btw, on OSI champs are chained to the altar. You drag them off they pop back. Not quite as interesting, but that is the mechanic.
I brought this up to staff, and they are aware. They currently dont have a rule against it, so it goes.

Another "unique" thing about demise that makes it demise.

Doesn't bother me, but i feel when i was a new player I relied on T2A spawns to get my scrolls and money. All HZ is doing is preventing new players to get items. They can call it w/e they want. It wouldn't be allowed on OSI. But you cant blame the staff for sticking to the rules and allowing it. Its better that, than starting to add interpretation and that is where biased would start to creep in.

Best case, they make the rule change after h-town or whenever they have time.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Arden wrote:
Vitek- wrote:
I brought this up to staff, and they are aware. They currently dont have a rule against it, so it goes.

Another "unique" thing about demise that makes it demise.

Doesn't bother me, but i feel when i was a new player I relied on T2A spawns to get my scrolls and money. All HZ is doing is preventing new players to get items. They can call it w/e they want. It wouldn't be allowed on OSI. But you cant blame the staff for sticking to the rules and allowing it. Its better that, than starting to add interpretation and that is where biased would start to creep in.

Best case, they make the rule change after h-town or whenever they have time.
I used same arguments when they did it last time. Nothing changed.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Scripted U IRL

Post by Scripted U IRL »

@Ajani you just a little boy that go wherever you find candy, you are not great yourself but you need a clan to show up to a pvp scene.
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

I don't want the champ to be chained to the altar, but all champs should be taken back to the altar at server restart.
The Silvertiger

Mister Pink wrote:I don't want the champ to be chained to the altar, but all champs should be taken back to the altar at server restart.
That would be entertaining.
Selling List & Vendor

Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

Mister Pink wrote:I don't want the champ to be chained to the altar, but all champs should be taken back to the altar at server restart.
honestly not sure why spawns dont totally reset on server restart. happens daily on osi. once a week here would make sense.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Mid term relative solution could be disabling the Serpent Pillar.
Lucifall
Maloskies likes this.
GamliBaykus

Post by GamliBaykus »

Who likes Hz?
No more questions!