Welcome a newbie

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Xanthos

Welcome a newbie

Post by Xanthos »

Hi everyone,

Used to play OSI’s Napa shard 1998-2004 or so. Loved AoS, quit just before ML. Played most of the templates. I like PvM and PvP but lean a bit more toward PvM. Used to organize daily group champs and doom runs on Napa (any Napa folks around :) ) Spent some time building mods for RunUO back in the day (Auction system, Mercenaries, Taming system, etc).

I want to get started training a couple of gold makers before getting speced for PvP - probably dex bard, then mage tamer.

A few questions:
* I assume unattended macroing for skill gain only is allowed - correct me if that’s not true.
* I am accustomed to Ethereal mounts. Is there a way to obtain those now through donation rewards or some other means besides waiting for vet rewards?
* Are there guilds set up to help newbies with runebooks, and full spell books, with other players to do coordinated PvM content with?

TIA
Xanthos
Amish Hammer likes this.
fluffhead321

Re: Welcome a newbie

Post by fluffhead321 »

Welcome, I’m from Napa as well. Played there for 97-2001
april0395

Post by april0395 »

Made In Quebec has a new player program that helps with a basic LRC suit, a house, and some runebooks.

There is a new player guild A%C that has some veteran players who help. Contact Silvertiger and Made in Quebec.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's and not mine, and I will not judge them.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Xanthos wrote: A few questions:
* I assume unattended macroing for skill gain only is allowed - correct me if that’s not true.
* I am accustomed to Ethereal mounts. Is there a way to obtain those now through donation rewards or some other means besides waiting for vet rewards?
* Are there guilds set up to help newbies with runebooks, and full spell books, with other players to do coordinated PvM content with?
I think every still is okay to unattended macro, maybe just not the ones that resource gather, you need to be there for them.

The donation store is down sadly, but unlike OSI demise only takes 90 days to get your 1 year rewards.

A%C is a new guild that helps out new players, or just anyone who needs some help. If you are looking for runebooks, there are a couple of full runebook libraries around, so you dont need to fill up on runes.
Discord: Amish#1299
hrs024

Post by hrs024 »

would suggest starting a mage tamer , you can get everything you need for a decent char for free get a u and greater drag good to go
DISCORD NAME hrs024 #0656
iryna29

Post by iryna29 »

:) :) :)
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Hello! If You decide to join A%C feel free to pm me!
Greater Dragon and Cu shide wait for you in my stable if You decide to run tamer!!
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Welcome to Demise,

If you are interested in a house, and a welcome package, please send me a PM and we will discuss a time we would be able to meet and deliver.

It's all free of charge, no strings attached!
Xanthos

Post by Xanthos »

Thanks for all the helpful replies! I'm taking your advise, @hrs024, and rolling a Mage Tamer. I'll pm you on the new player package soon @Made In Quebec. Thanks for the generous offer @Valkerie - will talk to you soon.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

Good i already have cu and greatet dragon for you in my stable. If for any reason can't meet with Made In Quebec i can help with welcome pack as well.
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573