Garb and Trinket drop rates

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vitek-

Re: Garb and Trinket drop rates

Post by Vitek- »

raining garbs rn
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Wanna hunt

Post by Wanna hunt »

Ahh good for me trash all i have and delete chars. That awesome idea. Demise is shit
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Calvin wrote:it's luck at the end of the day... not everyone is supposed to get the item.. it's like a lottery thing, the more tickets you buy, the more chance you have to win. but you can still win with 1 ticket.

imagine if you went there for 10 mins and dropped something worth 250kk, it happens. just not very often. but you have to be in it to win it.

it's only been on for a couple of days. if everyone had garb already, then everyone would be on track to have 7 garbs by the end...
What about the people who don't have all the time in the world to play? The no lifers and super elite get the items. Is that what we're going for here? That's an honest question. Are we intentionally making super items that only exist for a few people? I'm fine with that. But if that's the case, how about adding additional items for casuals to shoot for?

You certainly can't have costume wands for casuals and trinkets for the no lifers. That's two drastically different ends of the spectrum. Kind of defeats the purpose of showing up to Htown other than to PVP Imo.
You're guild is full of no lifers so not sure why ur crying.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I agree OP.

Last year, I ran up did 3or 4 thunderstorms dropped trinket, then stopped trying to grind bosses and focused on my list. That may have been more enjoyable than starring at screens for 8 hours per day, but I think a quest like grind would be even more fun. People like to see progress/ion.

I would love to see a quest like system similar to the crystalized essence quest/CuB point system.

Here's to hoping one of our more interesting proposals gets through instead of the petty lowering boss timers[I do appreciate it.]
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Made In Quebec wrote:The wrong way, is you felling like you are being ripped off, because other people don't have better things to do than farm on a 20 year old game.

at least i have chicken.
Vitek- wrote:raining garbs rn
fs i was gonna say, the best you can hope for, is that you are playing when they accidentally tweak the drop rate to be too high, and before they realize it...
Mr Straitions wrote:You're looking at this wrong. The no lifers will come out ahead every time. Yes. However if they put in an emblem system or a way to grind, then casuals will be able to walk away with SOMETHING. Yes, the no lifers will get more emblems and get more trinkets and garbs. But the casuals that spend an hour here and hour there will still have something to show for their efforts too.

The way it is right now, you could potentially spend a few hours over 2 weeks and have absolutely nothing. In fact it's probable that if you only spend a little bit of time staring at your screen waiting for a boss to pop you will likely not get an item worth mentioning.
if it only took 2 hours to get a garb, then people would be getting like 10 garbs per day, and you would mess up the economy..

you are looking at it the wrong way imo.. you can spend 2 hours here and you have the chance to drop something worth 800kk. all an emblem system would do, would mean 2 hours definitely gets you nothing. as it is, there is no barrier to play, you can log in and do a couple of drops, drop out. how many people would bother even starting if you told them they need to grind for 20 hours, and might not finish before the event closes?
Made In Quebec wrote: How ridiculous would it be to be able to farm a trinket and a garb using this system knowing that your neighbor will get 100 of those... it could have dramatic consequences...
if your neighbor farms 100 of them, then you just buy it off your neighbor instead of farm it yourself. you spend your time doing the most profitable thing.. which is halloween town, because you might drop something worth millions...
Mr Straitions wrote: it would require some balance so people don't end up with 100 as you say. But it would make little difference if they introduce a new item like garb and almost everyone has one or two and no lifers have 5.
it is balanced... it's balanced for the no lifers, while letting you have a chance to get the drop....
Made In Quebec wrote: Let's say to make it simple, that it's a quest. Well first time you do the quest you are rewarded with let's say 1000 token. Second time 950 tokens, and so on.
i actually had a similar idea of spawning new characters with 10% chance worth of doom points, so everyone gets an artifact to kick start their accounts. or give some bonus points upon first entering the gauntlet.

it's open to abuse though... diminishing returns isn't impossible i suppose.. if they did i would have to ask it be daily
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

on a positive note the spawn timers are much shorter this year. cheers.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

^ This cuck got 3 garbs now. Drop rates are fine.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass