Garb and Trinket drop rates

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Garb and Trinket drop rates

Post by Calvin »

JlM wrote: So maybe use the Doom mechanic, where it factors in a point system to help?
i am a big fan of the gauntlet points system, but i think it would make it worse tbh. this would basically give the casuals 1 or 2 drops all week

i think the events are better as a gamble than a grind. personal opinion that tho.

think of it like a slot machine. there's winners and there's losers man, regardless of how much time you put in. all you can do is up your odds. (btw in many ways that is literally the core of the game itself)
JlM

Post by JlM »

Calvin wrote:
JlM wrote: So maybe use the Doom mechanic, where it factors in a point system to help?
i am a big fan of the gauntlet points system, but i think it would make it worse tbh. this would basically give the casuals 1 or 2 drops all week

i think the events are better as a gamble than a grind. personal opinion that tho.

think of it like a slot machine. there's winners and there's losers man, regardless of how much time you put in. all you can do is up your odds.
What you talking about Willis? Is the current system not a lot like doom was before they added the point system to give you additional drop chance the more bosses you killed?

Currently in Doom, and the Htown, you have a small chance for boss to drop arty. Currently in doom only, the more times you kill bosses the greater % chance a arty will drop into your pack...

So you would rather us not get increased odds of getting a item based on how many rounds you have made... Its still a gamble... i might get it first round... might take me 2 weeks...
Last edited by JlM on October 23rd, 2018, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

non repeatable quest chain to collect an item from every htown boss for a super peerless type boss (maybe more than 1 active at a time?) would be pretty epic way of getting something like trinket or garb
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's not my understanding of it.

in doom you have like 0.01% chance to drop something.
here, if you have loot rights, you have like 50% chance to drop something.

just then the list of somethings has a 90% chance to be filler, and the remaining 10% broken up into different drops. then say like 1%, or 0.5% of that is garb

i might be wrong like, but that would make sense
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what im saying is that even if the drop rate is 50%, then 0.5%. = 0.25%. that is still better than the 0.01%+ points you get in doom

if they did it removing the fillers and with the points system instead, then you would have to have a base drop rate of 0.01%, and you wouldn't get the TOTs, Pigments, Memphos, etc. that you usually get.

you would end up with less drops overall, and no filler drops between.
which no-body wants.

plus a lot of those drops would be things like the dragon lamp, grave stone, crystal ball, gryphin statue, etc. you would not be getting a garb or darkside every time you got the drop.
Rogue Noob

Post by Rogue Noob »

the whole events a fucking joke
JlM

Post by JlM »

I didn't take the time to read your response Calvin... From what I gather from looking at it though... you do understand I was referring to things like Garb etc... yes let the deco drop as usual
Skrillex

Post by Skrillex »

4 days, killing all the boses that i can, spawning PvP boss during hours .... What the fuck is happening with the drop %
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Mr Straitions wrote:
What about the people who don't have all the time in the world to play? The no lifers and super elite get the items. Is that what we're going for here? That's an honest question. Are we intentionally making super items that only exist for a few people? I'm fine with that. But if that's the case, how about adding additional items for casuals to shoot for?

You certainly can't have costume wands for casuals and trinkets for the no lifers. That's two drastically different ends of the spectrum. Kind of defeats the purpose of showing up to Htown other than to PVP Imo.
To be quite frank, anything in life is absolutely the same, and there is not a secret recipe to make things change.

At the end of the day, those who put the most effort in something, have the best chances of being rewarded.

For example, let's take a scenario at work.

Guy A works part time, Lady B (no sexism) works full time, and even overtime.

Lady B, will have a better pay than Guy A, will have better benefits, and will have better chances at promotion.

In game it's unfortunately the same thing, no matter what they do, even if they do a type of emblems things like you mentionned, it wouldn't be any different. The people that spend their full days playing, will finish way ahead of you in any given scenario, because they have more time and effort to dedicate to it.

It's up to you, to decide to take it the right way or the wrong way.

The wrong way, is you felling like you are being ripped off, because other people don't have better things to do than farm on a 20 year old game.

The right way, is you feeling lucky, that you have a well developped social circle, a bright life ahead of you, and you make sure, that whatever you do when you have time to play, is focused on your own enjoyement of the game, regardless what your neighbor may have achieved.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

You're looking at this wrong. The no lifers will come out ahead every time. Yes. However if they put in an emblem system or a way to grind, then casuals will be able to walk away with SOMETHING. Yes, the no lifers will get more emblems and get more trinkets and garbs. But the casuals that spend an hour here and hour there will still have something to show for their efforts too.

The way it is right now, you could potentially spend a few hours over 2 weeks and have absolutely nothing. In fact it's probable that if you only spend a little bit of time staring at your screen waiting for a boss to pop you will likely not get an item worth mentioning.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Mr Straitions wrote:You're looking at this wrong. The no lifers will come out ahead every time. Yes. However if they put in an emblem system or a way to grind, then casuals will be able to walk away with SOMETHING. Yes, the no lifers will get more emblems and get more trinkets and garbs. But the casuals that spend an hour here and hour there will still have something to show for their efforts too.

The way it is right now, you could potentially spend a few hours over 2 weeks and have absolutely nothing. In fact it's probable that if you only spend a little bit of time staring at your screen waiting for a boss to pop you will likely not get an item worth mentioning.
Yes, I understand that, but the drawback with that is that the no-lifers, as you call them, will get way more items than they should.

How ridiculous would it be to be able to farm a trinket and a garb using this system knowing that your neighbor will get 100 of those... it could have dramatic consequences...
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Made In Quebec wrote:
Mr Straitions wrote:You're looking at this wrong. The no lifers will come out ahead every time. Yes. However if they put in an emblem system or a way to grind, then casuals will be able to walk away with SOMETHING. Yes, the no lifers will get more emblems and get more trinkets and garbs. But the casuals that spend an hour here and hour there will still have something to show for their efforts too.

Yes, I understand that, but the drawback with that is that the no-lifers, as you call them, will get way more items than they should.

How ridiculous would it be to be able to farm a trinket and a garb using this system knowing that your neighbor will get 100 of those... it could have dramatic consequences...
Respectfully disagree. and i say no lifers as a term of endearment. I'm also a nolifer at times.

it would require some balance so people don't end up with 100 as you say. But it would make little difference if they introduce a new item like garb and almost everyone has one or two and no lifers have 5.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Mr Straitions wrote:
Made In Quebec wrote:

Respectfully disagree. and i say no lifers as a term of endearment. I'm also a nolifer at times.

it would require some balance so people don't end up with 100 as you say. But it would make little difference if they introduce a new item like garb and almost everyone has one or two and no lifers have 5.
You know, actually the one way this could work would be like this.

Let's say to make it simple, that it's a quest. Well first time you do the quest you are rewarded with let's say 1000 token. Second time 950 tokens, and so on.

I guess that could mean that you could play sporadically and still gather an interesting amount of token to get the piece of whatever you want, and people over farming this system will end up finding their efforts to be in vain.

I guess that could work.
Veteran Noobie

Post by Veteran Noobie »

LETS not lie, this server is a joke, it always will be. you want to make it fair again? remove uosteam and let the people who really know how to write code make your much simpler euo codes.
Always trying to be honest and helpful, if you have a question or need help please do not bother to ask!

Watch me shine, For I have been in darkness for too long.
Mochizuki Shiryu

Post by Mochizuki Shiryu »

PLEASE KEEP RAGE
Yup, kapero biggest enemy in game is the trash barrel