Garb and Trinket drop rates

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Mr Straitions

Garb and Trinket drop rates

Post by Mr Straitions »

First of all thank you to staff for providing this event. I've said it before and i'll say it again: someone clearly spent a lot of time creating Htown and we appreciate it.

Introducing garb this year is awesome. However, some of us only have a little bit of time to play (most of us are adults) and the drop rates are seemingly very low. I had the chance to play for a few hours and I wish there was a way to grind your way to these items and not leave it up to the RNG gods to roll at .01% chance (guessing) at a trinket or garb.

Garb and Trinket are very universal items. Every character could use a garb and most dexxers can use a trinket. At the current rate it looks like only the super elite are going to be able to have garbs. (see posts of garbs selling for 800kk) I feel like my guild and I have invested ALOT of time so far with no rewards.

I would like to suggest for next year some kind of grind systems where you can collect emblems of some sort to turn in for items. (Every boss drops one emblem. Pvp boss drops 5) and a trinket costs about 100 emblems. This is my second Htown on Demise and I've had very poor luck with RNG so far. The community has been discussing Htown for months in advance and quite frankly we want our payoff lol. Without that occasional dopamine of receiving a reward things will feel very dull around here.

We already have very expensive items on this server. Inquiz, orny, ari, DS dyes, ect that cost over 100kk. I don't think we need another elite item you can only have a chance at for 2 weeks out of the year. Imagine a DS black garb. You're looking at breaking the 900kk mark for one item.

All in all, the pvp that the gauntlet provides is very enjoyable so I'm having a lot of fun this Htown. I hope that the rates can be adjusted so we all have an exciting story to tell about the time we got an elite item during this 2 week event.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
BeserkerX likes this.
Calvin

Re: Garb and Trinket drop rates

Post by Calvin »

it's luck at the end of the day... not everyone is supposed to get the item.. it's like a lottery thing, the more tickets you buy, the more chance you have to win. but you can still win with 1 ticket.

imagine if you went there for 10 mins and dropped something worth 250kk, it happens. just not very often. but you have to be in it to win it.

it's only been on for a couple of days. if everyone had garb already, then everyone would be on track to have 7 garbs by the end...
Made In Quebec likes this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Calvin wrote:it's luck at the end of the day... not everyone is supposed to get the item.. it's like a lottery thing, the more tickets you buy, the more chance you have to win. but you can still win with 1 ticket.

imagine if you went there for 10 mins and dropped something worth 250kk, it happens. just not very often. but you have to be in it to win it.

it's only been on for a couple of days. if everyone had garb already, then everyone would be on track to have 7 garbs by the end...
What about the people who don't have all the time in the world to play? The no lifers and super elite get the items. Is that what we're going for here? That's an honest question. Are we intentionally making super items that only exist for a few people? I'm fine with that. But if that's the case, how about adding additional items for casuals to shoot for?

You certainly can't have costume wands for casuals and trinkets for the no lifers. That's two drastically different ends of the spectrum. Kind of defeats the purpose of showing up to Htown other than to PVP Imo.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well... the problem is there's no donation store for you to spend the money you earn in RL to catch us up... seriously.

there are plenty of other drops to get, and you can sell them for gold, then use the gold to buy things.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:well... the problem is there's no donation store for you to spend the money you earn in RL to catch us up... seriously.

The donation store never offered anything that was over powered
Most things in the donation store could be gotten in game through normal game play
Such as ethys, soul stones gold etc
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote:
Calvin wrote:well... the problem is there's no donation store for you to spend the money you earn in RL to catch us up... seriously.

The donation store never offered anything that was over powered
Most things in the donation store could be gotten in game through normal game play
Such as ethys, soul stones gold etc
time saving items were offered, like skillball, pet bond deed. things that newbies could use instantly like donation ethys and green soul stones. also things like the firepit.

but the skillballs, PBD, sex change, name change, lilly pad, fire pit, etc; could be sold for gold at a pretty set price. that meant you could effectively buy gold on the server, but the GMs are the middlemen and take the actual currency.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

and i can honestly say that i used to like buying those items especially because i knew i was helping the server when i did.

i wasn't giving money, but i facilitated people that did, by giving them the gold for the item.
then like make a tamer i never use or something...

if you bought 10 skill balls, they sell 18 mil each or so, that's 180 mil. a hardcore player with mills in the bank wont mind buying a skillball to save macroing some tough skills, or some unique deco for their house.

especially if they know buying them helps the server.

but that is the balancing mechanism for people that work a lot vs people that play a lot.

you're not really talking about casual players.. casuals should just accept they aren't gonna get the top items unless they are lucky. you're talking about hardcore players who just dont have the time. why else do you want the best stuff?

TL:DR version: no they cant lower the bar for you, because too many other people would get too much
Last edited by Calvin on October 23rd, 2018, 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

I don't want 1 item worth a squillion dollars because it's super rare, I'd rather they be worthless and I have all I need.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Reetus wrote:I don't want 1 item worth a squillion dollars because it's super rare, I'd rather they be worthless and I have all I need.
then play test center...

i mean i dont mean to be harsh, but people play it like a proper long term game. you cant expect sandbox rules.

you'd get bored, there'd be no long term goals
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

right, seriously though, YOU HAVE A CHANCE. that's the thing.

do you have any chance of going and getting a gladi collar? going to fel, soloing a semidar spawn, and getting the gladi? then gladi is worth 35kk.

this is worth as you say 800kk. and you have a chance to get it.

like... that's pretty generous already really.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if anything you have TOO MUCH CHANCE.

it's actually too fair really. i dont see any difference between the drops from my mages and my warrior, which means damage isn't a massive factor. if it was then the hardcore people would get ALL the drops.

if anyone should be complaining, it's the hardcore people, because EVERYONE has a drop chance, and hence the chance has to be so low
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:
then play test center...
We don't have a Test Center/Centre
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

Calvin wrote:
Reetus wrote:I don't want 1 item worth a squillion dollars because it's super rare, I'd rather they be worthless and I have all I need.
then play test center...

i mean i dont mean to be harsh, but people play it like a proper long term game. you cant expect sandbox rules.

you'd get bored, there'd be no long term goals
I have enough garbs on OSI that I have one for every character that needs it, it took days(maybe a week?), I don't feel better about my one garb on demise because it's worth more, i'd prefer to have 14 of them worth 1/14 the price.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

the point is i think it's a fair balance between giving us stuff and not giving us stuff.. thing is they will be monitoring the drop rate.. it was a lot better the first night tbh

have to see how it goes, i've not dropped anything uber yet, and i've been at it a lot. but then it's still only the start really.

i have got some nice things tho..

overall about 20 pumpkins and 20 carving kits, about 5 gypsie lamps, giant pumpkin, loads of the other trick'o'treat stuff. then broken armoir, broken chest of drawers, gryphin statue, tombstone, remains of the headless horseman, a dragon lamp, about 6 plant tapestries, 2 evil clown masks, about 30-40 tots and ML artes, a covered chair... what else... 4 memphos... couple of other things

"I have enough garbs on OSI that I have one for every character that needs it, it took days(maybe a week?), I don't feel better about my one garb on demise because it's worth more, i'd prefer to have 14 of them worth 1/14 the price."

smaller community, better managed imo :3
it will probably get to that point, in time. this server has like eras.
s'like i wish we had flying cars, but ya know, we'll get there in the end. you should enjoy the present.
JlM

Post by JlM »

Mr Straitions wrote:First of all thank you to staff for providing this event. I've said it before and i'll say it again: someone clearly spent a lot of time creating Htown and we appreciate it.

Introducing garb this year is awesome. However, some of us only have a little bit of time to play (most of us are adults) and the drop rates are seemingly very low. I had the chance to play for a few hours and I wish there was a way to grind your way to these items and not leave it up to the RNG gods to roll at .01% chance (guessing) at a trinket or garb.

Garb and Trinket are very universal items. Every character could use a garb and most dexxers can use a trinket. At the current rate it looks like only the super elite are going to be able to have garbs. (see posts of garbs selling for 800kk) I feel like my guild and I have invested ALOT of time so far with no rewards.

I would like to suggest for next year some kind of grind systems where you can collect emblems of some sort to turn in for items. (Every boss drops one emblem. Pvp boss drops 5) and a trinket costs about 100 emblems. This is my second Htown on Demise and I've had very poor luck with RNG so far. The community has been discussing Htown for months in advance and quite frankly we want our payoff lol. Without that occasional dopamine of receiving a reward things will feel very dull around here.

We already have very expensive items on this server. Inquiz, orny, ari, DS dyes, ect that cost over 100kk. I don't think we need another elite item you can only have a chance at for 2 weeks out of the year. Imagine a DS black garb. You're looking at breaking the 900kk mark for one item.

All in all, the pvp that the gauntlet provides is very enjoyable so I'm having a lot of fun this Htown. I hope that the rates can be adjusted so we all have an exciting story to tell about the time we got an elite item during this 2 week event.
So maybe use the Doom mechanic, where it factors in a point system to help?