Halloweentown

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Duque

Re: Halloweentown

Post by Duque »

well i finish the event after spending a lot of time in the event with 2 tricket and a lot of nice deco....0 grabs.....obviosuly i finished it really dissapointed i was looking for grabs hard in pvp and pvm area...so my efficiency with the hour spent in y opinion was terrible......fortunately one great guildmate insist on give me one free several times...at the end i accept that big present with the condition of giving him one of the tricket i get to minimise his loss.

Leaving aside my unlucky weeks....i have to thanks gm again for this wonderfull event and their dedication is unpaid and also with a lot of unnecesary critics at the end.....as usual the design of event area is amazing also this year the current approach in my oppinion was better faster boss respawn less drop is more dinamic and with less dead times....also the gm this year i think have done more cheking in the areas trying to find people breaking the rules....so congrat you are the engine of this server.

Waiting christmas time, but as TheUnknown has told.....maybe we don't deserve it.
"Los que no aprenden de la historia estan condenados a repetirla"
"Who don't learn from history is condemn to repeat it"

Demise' Discord channel
Duque#6737
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Duque wrote:well i finish the event after spending a lot of time in the event with 2 tricket and a lot of nice deco....0 grabs.....obviosuly i finished it really dissapointed i was looking for grabs hard in pvp and pvm area...so my efficiency with the hour spent in y opinion was terrible......fortunately one great guildmate insist on give me one free several times...at the end i accept that big present with the condition of giving him one of the tricket i get to minimise his loss.

Leaving aside my unlucky weeks....i have to thanks gm again for this wonderfull event and their dedication is unpaid and also with a lot of unnecesary critics at the end.....as usual the design of event area is amazing also this year the current approach in my oppinion was better faster boss respawn less drop is more dinamic and with less dead times....also the gm this year i think have done more cheking in the areas trying to find people breaking the rules....so congrat you are the engine of this server.

Waiting christmas time, but as TheUnknown has told.....maybe we don't deserve it.
Thats why there should be currency drop instead of items.

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

Bad Religion wrote:
Champ- artifact chance should be based on damage to the entire spawn or to all the bosses and not just Gomez. I got several artifacts by just invising in the corner and only hitting Gomez. Seemed very unfair for the people actually working the spawn.
seriously??? i didn't know it was based only from dmg to Gomez
i was honestly more focused on hitting spawn than Gomez if i knew this i could have just hit Gomez
im so mad now!!!!
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I got nothing and was focusing Gomez cause he takes forever to kill, but next year he'll be catching the hounds of justice + ai
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Anonymous Group

Post by Anonymous Group »

i literally got nothing this year i couldn't play 24/7 as i have other things to do..
but i worked as much as i could while i could but grinding the pvp area and doing other bosses gets boring really fast when youre getting nothing from it.
Silvertiger trolls kids like you for breakfast. - anonymous

Money for revenge, man that's hardly an expense

Make the candles balanced
Bad Religion likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i dont think it's *based* on your damage to gomez... i think you just need to have loot rights on gomez to be in the roll...

i might be wrong, but i think it's like a case of creating a list of everyone that has done damage, arrange that list into order of damagers, then generate a random number of 1-ListLength.

if you're #1 damager tho, and the random number it generates is 6, then you're not gonna get the drop... the guy in #6 is.

it might not even arrange the list in damage order, might arrange it alphabetical, or not at all. i dont know, but i think it's unlikely they have written stuff for selecting who gets the drop, it's kinda better as random

there was a short time when i was being a bastard to Jay, i took my stealth/thief instead of my mage, and was nabbing the gold with him while people did the spawn, then just hitting gomez at the end. but i got nothing doing this, felt harsh, so swapped to mage. died a lot but was able to help some. got the drops then, not sure if thief wasn't in the rolls at all, but he got nothing. i think it's pure random and pure luck.

at first i thought it's just gomez loot rights, then i thought it's damage overall, then i thought maybe it's damage on every boss requirement.. but in the end i really dont know. it just seemed to drop randomly, was not expecting it at all when it happened, serious double take on the message in the corner lol
Woo

Post by Woo »

Gomez is/was based on dmg chance to drop art 100%
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i suppose it's possible my 2 week old mage is putting out top DPS with only half a suit...
Loler

Post by Loler »

Top damage doesnt always get the arti at champ just best chance. Although it could have just benn 100% random for gomez damage.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

If I had to guess: if you did say 30% of the damage, you would have a 30% chance to get the artifact.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

if i had to guess: i think we all get our own roll independent of other people's rolls

in fact, it might be me tripping, but i swear i see for like a split fraction of a second, some roller item appears into pack then mostly disappears cos no drop. i would not be at all surprised if this was how it is done. as i say i might be imagining things, but i swear i see something in the corner of my eye for like 0.01 of a second.

it would be a very practical way to do it if it's right, so effectively when the boss dies it drops a roller, which when then randomly picks an item from the drop list, or none, within a fraction of a second. i might be totally wrong, but it is object orientated programming, and usually that requires an object to have the script..

probably not how they do it at all, but i swear i see something...
Loler

Post by Loler »

Gomez was one of the only bosses it not the only boss that had a single item drop chance. Most other bosses are individual chance Gomez was if an arty dropped only 1 person got it. Since gomez was the only thing that mattered they should have made his drop chance like other bosses and do individual player drops instead of champ spawn system since the rest of the champ spawn didn't matter. Also add a valorable skull at event champs and make it only the event champ that spawns.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well that's not totally terrible really... if it's like

full spawn clear 1, full spawn clear 2, full spawn clear 3, full spawn clear 4
no drop, no drop, gargoyle, garb

then it's kinda like a string of random numbers anyway, and effectively the luck of hitting a jackpot number is in which spawn you play on... then the drop is randomly given.

reds can raid champ spawns in fel.. gits can snipe bosses at events i guess.

you can say it's not fair, but it depends what you mean by fair... it's not in that someone is putting in all the work, but it is in that anyone can get the drop...

would it not be equally unfair to say, you dont have a geared up champ spawn character, therefore you cant get a drop?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

do both.

play hard when you can, play leech when you must.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

We need regular automated events dudes. Secure pentagram at graveyard, fortress, old brit gate random teams against random teams on foot (allow potions), a gate to a new dungeon with harrower. Guys, what ya think?