Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

Post by Calvin »

just convert some of your gold into fixed value items. like orne, gladi, sash, etc.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:just convert some of your gold into fixed value items. like orne, gladi, sash, etc.
Well yeah thats what we all have to do now, i was saying we should fix the system so we dont have to do that.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i should probably have posted this video before the other one, but i think going back to edit the post would make things even more confusing...

this is the first video on mmo economies from the extra credits people. the other one is like a more advanced video.

we might be due for a gold sink, but really the economy is not that bad at all. there are some very rich people yea, but everyone wants gold - that tells you something.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

hang on right...

if i want to sell an item, say remains of headless horseman for 2kk. and i cant sell it, and i have to lower the price to 500k.

does that not mean the gold is worth more than i gave it credit for?

if i am under valuing the gold because things like ornament and garb are so expensive... does that not just mean that things like ornament and garb have super high value?

so it's actually not that gold has decreased in value, but that those items have increased in value?

i suppose the problem is that the increase in value comes from a few elite players bidding against eachother. making them elitist items.
that's a fair point. but they are only like that TO BUY. they are not impossible to get yourself.

in all honestly, money-wise i am not an elite player, i dont script enough. but i get the elite items then sell them to the elitist players, because you dont have to be an elitist player to get top end items, if you actually play the game ;)
personally i like having the rich people there to sell the items to, and there are so many jackpot items that you can trade one for another, allowing you to play where you want.

see you only get that increase in value in items that are worn on a character, because they are effectively taken out of the trade market permanently. they are destroyed as much as created, while deco and gold is not.

there isn't really a problem, just the items are super expensive to buy, because the server has a healthy population. gold will always inflate then deflate because of the nature of gold generation in an MMO, and the method of gold sink; but items will still retain relative value.

i dont think there's any need to change any of the mechanics, all you could say is we were due a gold sink; and im not really sure on that front.

like you have to remember garb is the most expensive item you can buy pretty much. it has only spawned once for 2 weeks, and everyone on the server wants it. maybe a castle can compare.
but that's it, that is your gold limit. the max trade that can be made. is it impossible to trade like 2 orne, 2 sash, and a gladi?
is it impossible to buy those items for gold?

TL:DR version: the gold has not lost value, just some elite items have been forced up in price because of limited supply and super rich players
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

im pretty sure gold has decreased in value, 2 years ago orny was 50mil now its 100mil. Its not like there is less ornies on the server now, im sure plenty of them spawned in doom during that last 2 years.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Now there is no solution, a whole guild has for years used two bugs to generate gold: food macro and house demolition bug. It is no use changing the trade, the prices, the logic of accumulation of money considering that certain people exploited infinitely of bugs and possess mauch kkk (billions trilion, idk) and never were punished. The consequence is now, gold completely devalued and no large transaction needs gold to be happen.
Grifo

Post by Grifo »

Demise is over.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote:im pretty sure gold has decreased in value, 2 years ago orny was 50mil now its 100mil. Its not like there is less ornies on the server now, im sure plenty of them spawned in doom during that last 2 years.
yeah but are we getting 2 mages join the game for every 1 orne that drops.

you are assuming gold has gone down in value, and orne has stayed the same. maybe it's actually orne that has increased in value.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Grifo wrote: The consequence is now, gold completely devalued and no large transaction needs gold to be happen.
no the consequences are that some items have become elitist, and can not be bought with gold.

but you can buy the items to buy the elite items, with gold.

think of it as soft currency and hard currency. gold and deco items are soft currency, wearable items, darkside, castles, unique deco items, unique mounts, etc are hard currency. see if those people leave, the items disappear.

i dunno exactly, it's complicated man, but the point to me is that there's not really a problem.

it's likely that even after a gold sink, someone is gonna want 100kk for orne, but instead of getting 100kk because no-one has money, or 50kk because that's all anyone can afford; they would just trade for 2xsash
Last edited by Calvin on November 13th, 2018, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

/wipe
The Silvertiger and Bama like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

what is the problem really?
in this form:

"i can't X"

JlM wrote:Due to inflation (caused by the lack of staff intervention towards completely afk gold farmers) on a daily basis items valued over 125,000,000 are bought and sold. There is no reliable way to buy and sell items worth over 125 million as you can only hold 125 items. Could we get the ability to make bigger checks or the new banking system, or a real gold sink. Something.
fkin... arguing over hyperbole. garbs are finding their homes, that's the only reason trades are so high, and 95% of trades will not be for pure cash
JlM

Post by JlM »

Calvin wrote:what is the problem really?
in this form:

"i can't X"

JlM wrote:Due to inflation (caused by the lack of staff intervention towards completely afk gold farmers) on a daily basis items valued over 125,000,000 are bought and sold. There is no reliable way to buy and sell items worth over 125 million as you can only hold 125 items. Could we get the ability to make bigger checks or the new banking system, or a real gold sink. Something.
fkin... arguing over hyperbole. garbs are finding their homes, that's the only reason trades are so high, and 95% of trades will not be for pure cash
Hyperbole:
exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally.

I don't see why some people are so quick to shoot down quality of life changes...will this ruin your UO experience? Oh no extra , in my check, it's not like I remember UO.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

checks are outdated... the new banking system would be nice.
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Loler

Post by Loler »

Just make it so when you pull a check off a vendor the largest denomination of check you can pull off is 10kk so if you pull off 100kk it gives you 10 10kk checks. And make vendor limit to buy an item 1kkk.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

well im arguing that it doesn't *need* doing... and it doesn't.

but... it might be more convenient and not really do any harm