Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Calvin

Re: Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

Post by Calvin »

Bad Religion wrote:
jaasso wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
why?
cant scam with smaller checks in a trade for example
Good, most people sell large ticket items on vendors anyway, I would never sell/buy something for 100kk using checks that's retarded

it looks rly nice in a bag tho :3
i sold orne for cash a couple of times
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Calvin wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
jaasso wrote:
cant scam with smaller checks in a trade for example
Good, most people sell large ticket items on vendors anyway, I would never sell/buy something for 100kk using checks that's retarded

looks even better seeing 400kk on your vendor :)
JlM

Post by JlM »

fluffhead321 wrote:have any of you actually checked these areas over the last 3 months? People keeping bringing these places up, saying they need to check, but from what I can tell you havent been. They've basically been abandoned...They are AFK checking several times a day (me and forseti seem to be developing quite the rapport).

I see a GM every day at least once, often twice.

I also kept a loose list of the people I'd see almost 24/7, most of them (who I saw almost constantly in the spots I farmed) I havent seen since July when the crack downs began
How is that relevant to the current topic? The trillions are still out there, orny is inching closer to the 125 mark. Need a new system.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

You're right, its more relevant to later comments on this discussion, but with that said, the clearing of the common afk zones is combating inflation, just without an instant fix,it just wont be felt in an immediate way...But something to consider, the second time I came to this server, about 5 (maybe 6, or 7, honestly the exact time is a little blury) an orny was 100kk + or - a few depending on the given thread, considering they are selling for 100-110kk now, it doesn't seem that big a deal...Hell, a SoT was over 70kk (admittedly they are more of a niche item now)...Hell, hammers are half the price they were, HRSKs are half the price as they were back then. This summer sashes dropped to around 35kk, they back to 45kk... My guild alone has absorbed 5 brand new players to the server, and there are quite a few more then that even...I guess my main point is, the GMs are combatting inflation, by reducing afking dramatically which will have an effect, given time.

Seems more like a natural ebb and flow to me. Plus, we just had an event that dropped a brand new, super desired item, so those people that have been collection for 10+ years are willing to inject a large sum of money to acquire some, meaning there's a ton of new fluid gold in the game that's moving around. That's to cause some, likely temporary, price fluctuation.

And in all reality 100kk isn't really that hard to farm up, but a DS event would suck some more money out, thats for sure.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Lock 300 checks on a house plot.

300kk traded ;p

UABOF - Users against Bullshit on forum.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Bad Religion wrote:
Calvin wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:

how do u buy from a vendor item worth 400kk ?

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Shallan wrote:
Bad Religion wrote:
Calvin wrote:

how do u buy from a vendor item worth 400kk ?
u dont, he means he had sold 400kk worth of items on his vendor instead of putting the money in bags.
Shallan

Post by Shallan »

Hm maybe solve the problem with increase storage of bank to 1k items?

Then u can always put checks into bank and buy from Vendor?

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Im not sure how hard it would be to change code wise but honestly adding 5mil checks and allow items to be sold on vendors at a higher price than the 125mil cap would be a nice quality of life change for demise. We are at a point where fixing the economy is likely impossible and there is enough items worth over 125mil in game that I think the change would be accepted positively in the community
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Vander Nars wrote:Im not sure how hard it would be to change code wise but honestly adding 5mil checks and allow items to be sold on vendors at a higher price than the 125mil cap would be a nice quality of life change for demise. We are at a point where fixing the economy is likely impossible and there is enough items worth over 125mil in game that I think the change would be accepted positively in the community
Fixing the economy is very plausible. It would however require some drastic steps that would make a lot of us uncomfortable in the early stages.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not gonna change.

if you had a 5 mil check, and you break it into your bank, that would be 83 x 60k piles of gold..
if you wanted to change checks, you would have to change the max amount of gold in a pile too... then why not change the max items in the bank... why not the max in your pack.. why not. etc.

it has too many knock on effects..
they'll do a gold sink at some point.

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:it's not gonna change.

if you had a 5 mil check, and you break it into your bank, that would be 83 x 60k piles of gold..
if you wanted to change checks, you would have to change the max amount of gold in a pile too... then why not change the max items in the bank... why not the max in your pack.. why not. etc.

it has too many knock on effects..
they'll do a gold sink at some point.

If no one ever did anything because it was difficult than we would all be living in caves still.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's not that it's difficult, it's that it's potentially damaging.

darksides are basically the reserve currency here btw
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

i would love a nice gold sink like new DS colors or something but honestly trading isn't hard, like mb said use items and buy them back, and as for holding gold, ive had 1kkk on a vendor before and its nice a convenient. Get the gold out that you need, when you need it. buy/sell everything on a vendor so all you have to do is get the gold off your vendor, it goes straight to the bank then buy the item off a vendor, no need for preparing tons of checks etc...

BUT like i said, I would love a creative gold sink and like he said inflation is getting pretty rough, i remember a time when ornies were only 50kk lol so gold does need to be handled
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

i dont think a gold sink is gonna work then the richest members have billions of gold and can easily control the market on high end items. But im all of giving it a shot, i still think 5mil checks would help alot stort term so people can trade high end items far easier.