Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Made In Quebec

Re: Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

Post by Made In Quebec »

Loler wrote:1kkk.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Please Demise,

I think it's time!

1k = 1,000 gp
1m = 1,000,000 gp
1b = 1,000,000,000 gp

Thanks!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

1h = 100gp?
1t = 10gp?
1u = 1gp?

i bid 130m225k3h6t6u

we use k because once you hit 1k you are on base 1000, not base 10

and because kilo is latin for x1000. or in short form you can substitute it for ",000"

130kk = 130,000,000
130kkk = 130,000,000,000
130kkkk = 130,000,000,000,000
130,000kk = 130,000,000,000
it's simple

and it's because of you yanks, and 1 billion being 1000 million, not a million million.

really 130kkk is not 130 billion, it's 130 thousand million.
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote:1h = 100gp?
1t = 10gp?
1u = 1gp?

i bid 130m225k3h6t6u

we use k because once you hit 1k you are on base 1000, not base 10

and because kilo is latin for x1000. or in short form you can substitute it for ",000"

130kk = 130,000,000
130kkk = 130,000,000,000
130kkkk = 130,000,000,000,000
130,000kk = 130,000,000,000
it's simple

and it's because of you yanks, and 1 billion being 1000 million, not a million million.

really 130kkk is not 130 billion, it's 130 thousand million.
So are you trying to tell me that the reason you guys us KKK is because it's kilo in latin?

Now, I beg you to help me understand how anything regarding to Latin is actually used on a daily basis nowadays.

If I go into any financial website, or if I read any articles about business and finance, I've never seen anyone mention million's being kk's

Attempting to justify it is silly, but I already know the justification.

Somewhere, back in the days, someone relatively lazy decided to simply add an extra 'k' to a bid in order to extend it by three 0's.

Make a google search for kkk, and post me the link where it will explain that is the equivalent of 000,000,000

You can't win this debate.

Submit and obey!
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

amiercans dont care if it makes sense or not, that's why you use the imperial system :P

and apparently k is greek?

you comment about latin is dumb tho, cos almost every word we use is from latin

suppose the language is from latin, and the math is from greek
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Shallan wrote:Hm maybe solve the problem with increase storage of bank to 1k items?

Then u can always put checks into bank and buy from Vendor?
Great suggestion!

I also think a new banking system would be frickin awesome.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:well im arguing that it doesn't *need* doing... and it doesn't.

but... it might be more convenient and not really do any harm
thats just arguing in bad faith. ur basically saying that even if something has all positive benefits, as long as its still possible to do it the old way than we dont really "need" to change it thus never improving anything.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote:
Calvin wrote:well im arguing that it doesn't *need* doing... and it doesn't.

but... it might be more convenient and not really do any harm
thats just arguing in bad faith. ur basically saying that even if something has all positive benefits, as long as its still possible to do it the old way than we dont really "need" to change it thus never improving anything.
cept Gms have limited time and cant fix everything

we dont *need* to change it.. it might be better, but is it worth spending the time on that which could be spent on other things?

plus it could cause unforseen problems, dont ask me what cos then they wouldn't be unforseen... but like clicking a check and insta-full bank box.. what does that do for things which then usually drop into bank box when bag is full.. i dunno, but it could cause problems is all im sayin

i dunno, i support the idea of if it isn't broke then dont fix it. and to me it's not broke, it can be a bit inconvenient once in a blue moon, but that's about it
Lomita

Post by Lomita »

The new banking system on osi is terrible.
That's one of the points why players lost thier fun on osi shards.
Much more complicated garbage that only 5% of the players need,the others just get annoyed by it.

Trade 125mio in two bags,if you don't trust him,something generally doesn't seem right.
This is not a problem from the game but from the player.
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
Made In Quebec

Post by Made In Quebec »

Calvin wrote:amiercans dont care if it makes sense or not, that's why you use the imperial system :P

and apparently k is greek?

you comment about latin is dumb tho, cos almost every word we use is from latin

suppose the language is from latin, and the math is from greek
You are the one who put Latin in the game as a reason to use kkk to indicate an amount of gold piece.

I agree that the root of everything we use is Latin, but Latin by itself is out of usage.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Lomita wrote:The new banking system on osi is terrible.
Much more complicated garbage that only 5% of the players need,the others just get annoyed by it.

Trade 125mio in two bags,if you don't trust him,something generally doesn't seem right.
This is not a problem from the game but from the player.
let me know when ur able to hold 2 bags with 125 items each in it, also if ur doing business based on trust than ur honestly an idiot. You can risk ur items all you want but expecting the rest of us to is stupid.
Last edited by Vander Nars on November 14th, 2018, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woo

Post by Woo »

Some people are really idiots here and dont understand economy. Why is ornament so expensive? Because gms (eos) make it limit drop in doom. Bosses droped 4-6 ornaments per month not more. And now read... in this shard u have few people that dont need this brace but they are still buying this jewel. Why? Because when u monopolize one item with low chance drop u can controll price. If someone want sell this brace for 100kk or lower they will buy this jewels and wait for someone who will pay 110/115kk. Easy free 15kk. This trick is trying to make now AJ with garbs. If u have limited item ( and all players want this item) and u have a lot cash its easy to make this item really expensive and get more cash.
ortiz

Post by ortiz »

Lomita wrote:The new banking system on osi is terrible.
elaborate? :coffee:
Bama wrote:
Opywang wrote:You have to pertitipate

Is that like Mittittippi
Fuck off

Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Woo wrote:Some people are really idiots here and dont understand economy. Why is ornament so expensive? Because gms (eos) make it limit drop in doom. Bosses droped 4-6 ornaments per month not more. And now read... in this shard u have few people that dont need this brace but they are still buying this jewel. Why? Because when u monopolize one item with low chance drop u can controll price. If someone want sell this brace for 100kk or lower they will buy this jewels and wait for someone who will pay 110/115kk. Easy free 15kk. This trick is trying to make now AJ with garbs. If u have limited item ( and all players want this item) and u have a lot cash its easy to make this item really expensive and get more cash.
im pretty sure i pointed that out already in another post but thats not why the orny has went up in price, no one is hording ornys because to many of them spawn for that to be a viable tactic. Controlling items like the garb is different since it can only spawn once a year assuming it even spawns again next year, inquiz is another item that is easy to do this with do to such a long spawn timer on it.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

I think itd be nice if the trade system had some sort of update. sadly people just arent good people and dont trust others, so instead of trading a certain amount, they have to do a work around, because they just dont trust others. cant trade 100 mill without making sure you get something back of equal value, because everyone is worried they will get back stabbed sadly. Its why I usually only trade/sell to friends, I know they arent bad people who will try something funny. Sadly peoples trust wont change, so i think the trade system needs to change instead.

Dont know why people are so untrustworthy with the money they mostly got from afk farming. They didnt work to hard to get it.
Discord: Amish#1299