Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Vander Nars

Re: Inflation and 125 item count (gold)

Post by Vander Nars »

Amish Hammer wrote:I think itd be nice if the trade system had some sort of update. sadly people just arent good people and dont trust others, so instead of trading a certain amount, they have to do a work around, because they just dont trust others. cant trade 100 mill without making sure you get something back of equal value, because everyone is worried they will get back stabbed sadly. Its why I usually only trade/sell to friends, I know they arent bad people who will try something funny. Sadly peoples trust wont change, so i think the trade system needs to change instead.

Dont know why people are so untrustworthy with the money they mostly got from afk farming. They didnt work to hard to get it.
I dont know but maybe because some of us didnt afk it? I only pvm 2 times a year h-town and c-town, the only time i got pop for unattended was while taking a massive shit and just didnt have time to move my chars all back to the afk zone. i play alot during these 2 events every year because its the only source of gold ill have for the year to buy upgrades for my pvp chars, im not gonna risk my stuff by trusting people who havent earned my trust.
Amish Hammer likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Vander Nars wrote: Dont know why people are so untrustworthy with the money they mostly got from afk farming. They didnt work to hard to get it.
I dont know but maybe because some of us didnt afk it? I only pvm 2 times a year h-town and c-town, the only time i got pop for unattended was while taking a massive shit and just didnt have time to move my chars all back to the afk zone. i play alot during these 2 events every year because its the only source of gold ill have for the year to buy upgrades for my pvp chars, im not gonna risk my stuff by trusting people who havent earned my trust.[/quote]

ive been there, but it was before they put in this afk rule. stomach issues really suck, the events are how i usually make my money aswell. People are willing to pay a big amount for the most random things. Sadly I dont pvp so the money isnt for that, I just dont hardcore farm stuff to make a big dent in the wallet. Its just sad that we have to be uptight with our money because people are just shitty, dont know why people take this game so seriously and just cant be nice and honest. :(
Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it only takes 1 dickhead to ruin it for everyone... and there is always 1...

you are better off being cautious. honestly i dont know what people are complaining about.

VERY few people have that much cash, i almost never have over 100kk in cash, but i could easily buy things for over 100kk. all you do is take items off your characters which you know you can easily replace once you have the cash to replace them. the prices almost never change.

you are saying you remember orne being 50kk, but when? last one i got was like a year ago and i sold it for 105kk, and the one before that i think i got 90 for, and that was like a year or 2 before that. then there was a gold sink in there somewhere.. the price doesn't really change - unless the item is like replaced, ie. totem being replaced by mace and shield.

aof has been 26kk for like 5 years. at one point it was 45kk yeah, but like.. that was a different era. i guess the runic crafting changes killed that?
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's like you give people the puzzle of the fox, the chicken, and the grain. ya know the one with the boat with 2 seats and they cant leave 2 things on the same shore that will eat eachother.

and they're like, "nah mate you need to build a bigger boat"
Reetus

Post by Reetus »

I want to buy garbs, but I won't do anything of the following:

a) Lock the cheques in a house and trade it (I have 4 houses and I want to keep them all)
b) Use ornies etc in exchange of gold then trade the orny back (Theres no guarantee I'll get the item back, and I want to keep all my ornies)
c) Trust anyone

If you crack a cheque and you don't have room in your bank for all the gold piles, it will put the remainder in your backpack as a cheque, there shouldn't be any problem increasing the cheque size to 7.5kk (125x60000).
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:it only takes 1 dickhead to ruin it for everyone... and there is always 1...

you are better off being cautious. honestly i dont know what people are complaining about.

VERY few people have that much cash, i almost never have over 100kk in cash, but i could easily buy things for over 100kk. all you do is take items off your characters which you know you can easily replace once you have the cash to replace them. the prices almost never change.

you are saying you remember orne being 50kk, but when? last one i got was like a year ago and i sold it for 105kk, and the one before that i think i got 90 for, and that was like a year or 2 before that. then there was a gold sink in there somewhere.. the price doesn't really change - unless the item is like replaced, ie. totem being replaced by mace and shield.

aof has been 26kk for like 5 years. at one point it was 45kk yeah, but like.. that was a different era. i guess the runic crafting changes killed that?
i got an orny at 50 like 2 years ago, maybe 2 and half. However like reetus said above me I dont want to jump thru hoops to trade high end items, thats not a good system even if it works.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Reetus wrote:I want to buy garbs, but I won't do anything of the following:

a) Lock the cheques in a house and trade it (I have 4 houses and I want to keep them all)
b) Use ornies etc in exchange of gold then trade the orny back (Theres no guarantee I'll get the item back, and I want to keep all my ornies)
c) Trust anyone

If you crack a cheque and you don't have room in your bank for all the gold piles, it will put the remainder in your backpack as a cheque, there shouldn't be any problem increasing the cheque size to 7.5kk (125x60000).
i want to drop a gladi collar, but i won't do anything of the following:

a) Champ spawns.

fix it GMs! fix it! :roll:

and anyway D) use the gold you have to buy a few items of fixed value, then trade them:
buy 2 CC = 30kk, buy a sash = 45kk, buy an orne = 100kk
4 items = 175kk
add 50kk in cash
54 items, 225kk.
Vander Nars wrote: i got an orny at 50 like 2 years ago, maybe 2 and half. However like reetus said above me I dont want to jump thru hoops to trade high end items, thats not a good system even if it works.
then you ripped someone off, gz.
Last edited by Calvin on November 14th, 2018, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:
Reetus wrote:I want to buy garbs, but I won't do anything of the following:

c) Trust anyone

i want to drop a gladi collar, but i won't do anything of the following:

a) Champ spawns.

fix it GMs! fix it! :roll:

and anyway D) use the gold you have to buy a few items of fixed value, then trade them
That is not even the same, like i said ur arguing in bad faith. Not wanting to jump thru hoops to trade items because of a design flaw/limitation in game is not the same as refusing to put in the work to earn items. No one here is asking the dm's to hand us garbs or anything else, we are simply asking for the updates to a trade system that wasnt designed for items worth 125+ mil.

Nothing in uo has a fixed value, everything is subject to inflation and rich players messing with the market.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

trade is a legit form of gameplay. however that works.

if you suck at it, then dont trade.

just dont expect to have the items you want as well.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Calvin wrote:trade is a legit form of gameplay. however that works.

Honestly ur a fucking idiot, you constantly straw-man the point and imply stuff that none of us have said. This is prolly why people walk past ur ghost and keep it moving.
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote:
Calvin wrote:trade is a legit form of gameplay. however that works.

Honestly ur a fucking idiot, you constantly straw-man the point and imply stuff that none of us have said. This is prolly why people walk past ur ghost and keep it moving.
i have a bit of paper which says im not an idiot 8-)
what's the straw man here? it's not a different topic, it's 100% relevant.
and it wasn't just my ghost, people were ignoring all ghosts, which is why it needed bitching about
Vander Nars wrote:thats not a good system even if it works.
that's the thing see, it IS a good system, because then you have to buy things and can play what is effectively a stock market game, changing your wealth between cash and commodities

and i actually think i remember what you are on about with the 50kk orne... there was a big gold sink and gold became very scarce, but then some how in like the space of a few months the economy went back to where it was before.

not entirely sure how that happened, but i think afking miasma had a lot to do with it
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Where is the strawman?

most recent u strawman the fuck out of reetus point about having to buy items u dont want or lock down checks in a house to buy/sell high end items. You claimed he was crying for the gms to just give him the garbs cause he wasnts willing to do the work and than drop that super helpful line about if u suck at trade then dont trade. So basicly u try to strawman reetus by claiming he is lazy and doesnt know how to trade when the whole point is the system was never ment to handle items worth 125+mil to start with.

Frankly this is my last reply to u on this matter, its clear that ur not really debating a topic u believe in but just trying to troll people who want to see the game get some improvements.
Last edited by Vander Nars on November 14th, 2018, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ortiz and The Silvertiger like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

that's not a strawman at all, there's a 4th way to do it that he has conveniently not mentioned!
c) was that he didn't want to do back and forth trades, that's not what i am suggesting.

im saying he is crying for GMs to make the game more convenient for him, so he can achieve something which would otherwise require some game play.

im not saying it will be crap at all, im saying it might work and it might be better.

but im also saying it will be a lot of work which could be used on more important things, that it could cause unforseen problems, that it's un-necessary, and that not doing it might actually have beneficial effects if players would stop being so stubborn and buy my bronze donation token ;D
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

sorry b) was back and forth trades.

a) was trading a house which requires a house slot, fair enough.
c) was trust people, fair enough.

b) is the back and forth trades, which is a pain in the balls, fair enough.

BUT WHERE IS THE OPTION OF JUST TRADING ITEMS THAT ARE WORTH LIKE 50KK INSTEAD OF 50x 1KK CHECKS

if you want a fallacy, you have not presented all of the options!

False Dilemma/False Dichotomy
This fallacy has a few other names: “black-and-white fallacy,” “either-or fallacy,” “false dichotomy,” and “bifurcation fallacy.” This line of reasoning fails by limiting the options to two when there are in fact more options to choose from. Sometimes the choices are between one thing, the other thing, or both things together (they don’t exclude each other). Sometimes there are a whole range of options, three, four, five, or a hundred and forty-five. However it may happen, the false dichotomy fallacy errs by oversimplifying the range of options.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Vander Nars wrote:the whole point is the system was never ment to...

SO many things. that's UO.

it's called emergent gameplay. that's basically the entirety of PVP as well.

but to be fair, these days i am somewhat of a conservative, so i do have a bias. not a vested interest, but a bias. i think it's much more likely we will fuck up what is good, than we will improve what is bad.

like, read the news bro lol