Damage Increase Cap

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Lomita

Damage Increase Cap

Post by Lomita »

I have read a lot,but to avoid misunderstandings,i would like to just ask again.

On Demise damage increase from items is capped at 100 and the total damage increase (items,spells,skills) is capped at 300 ?
(Player from Germany)
Vote for Demise: https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
tank

Re: Damage Increase Cap

Post by tank »

I think 100 for pvp and more for pvm. Same as SDI
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

damage is not rly capped at 300% if you know what you're doing ;)
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it is confusing because i have been looking at the runUO scripts and im sure they have changed things..

but i think it's right now. so yeah.

if you get 40% on wep, 20% from trinket, 25% from grips, 10% from divine fury = 95%
100% from slayer = 195%
50% from enemy of one = 245%

im not sure where these fit in either:
50% GM tactics, 10% GM anatomy
1% for every 5 str = 20% at 100 str

i think slayer and bushido honor used to have their multiplier outside the damage increase calculations, but now i look at the scripts i downloaded a few month ago it's all different and they look to be included

i use double strike cos it hits twice, so by my logic, that's 100% increase per hit (well 90, because you also lose 10% di for a double strike) after the 300% of weapon base damage. meaning you hit for 800% of weapon base.

people told me for a long time to use bushido honor for the 100% di, but if i am on 245% then i would only get 55% di from it?
and if i am on 325% with the other 3 bonuses, then i would get nothing :S

plus if im on 325% does that cancel out the 10% loss from double strike?

and what if i got 20% from lumberjack as well? or 10% from grapes? or another 50% on jewels... it's easy to max out damage increase i think

http://www.uoguide.com/Anatomy
60% from 110 anatomy?

from scripts:
"Compute anatomy modifier
1% bonus for every 5 points of anatomy
+10% bonus at Grandmaster or higher"

these cant be included in the 300% tho i dont think...?

also, is this why sampires have become a bit less popular? cos they realized/fixed that the di cap was being haxxed?
Lomita likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

have to remember that the monster resists then come into play, so if it has 50 resist then your damage is halved i think, it might not be that simple. it might be, and most monsters have about 50 resists, because AI is about as effective as double strike, just doesn't get the 2 proc chances

but if it has for example low fire resist, and you use consecrate weapon so you are hitting on fire resist, then you use corpse skin and disco to lower it's fire resist into the minus numbers, that will also multiply your damage ;)

once you have maxed out the caps on your character, you have to look to weakening the enemy defences instead to get improvements. making them weaker is equally effective as making you stronger, and can be a lot easier to do at times

assuming that the skill based damage bonuses (tactics and anatomy) aren't included in the cap, and that i am still 55% short of a possible max; does anyone have any ideas for getting that 55%?
5% from a jewel is easy enough, but then items DI is capped at 100. bushido is not worth losing the mods from a shield for 50% di. tho using a higher base damage wep would be nice.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Bushido
Perfection
+100% DI
http://www.uoguide.com/Perfection

End of story
Peerless Hunter
Guide to Whammy - viewtopic.php?f=10&t=314
My youtube channel - /watch?v=sx5zGCbILtA
Weekly Bedlam Spawns - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9131
hrs024 and Bama like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Tanya wrote:Bushido
Perfection
End of story
Plus the luck
Epilogue
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Tanya likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

just to test how much di increase bushido honour gives with slayer, 100 di, and enemy of one on

i went to kill some rotting corpses. i dont think they can survive long enough for me to get perfection, but the highest i could get was 170 damage. hitting for about 110 without honour.
(doubled if you can use double strike but they always died)

15-17 base damage = 170/17 = 10x? = 1000% DI

i think the scripts i have here are not the ones we use, and the ones we use are the ones i remember being a bit broken :P

so i guess i was right originally and slayer and bushido honour are multipliers after the 300% cap

100%DI + 50% from enemy of one.. so 150%di, 250% including the base hit.
double for slayer = 500%
double for bushido = 1000%

17 base damage. 170 hit.

the other code is how it should work tho, it should all be included in the 300% cap
Lomita likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

they should really fix it tbh, because it's totally un-necessary and not how it's supposed to work, i dont even think you can get to 300% without slayer and bushido being included

but yeah if you wanna get max DI, find some way to get the 300%. make it 400% including the base wep damage.

double it with slayer to 800%, double it with bushido to 1600%, then double hit as well for 3200% of weapon base.

with a double axe that would be 17 x 32 = 544 damage per hit
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Calvin wrote:just to test how much di increase bushido honour gives with slayer, 100 di, and enemy of one on

i went to kill some rotting corpses. i dont think they can survive long enough for me to get perfection, but the highest i could get was 170 damage. hitting for about 110 without honour.
(doubled if you can use double strike but they always died)

15-17 base damage = 170/17 = 10x? = 1000% DI

i think the scripts i have here are not the ones we use, and the ones we use are the ones i remember being a bit broken :P

so i guess i was right originally and slayer and bushido honour are multipliers after the 300% cap

100%DI + 50% from enemy of one.. so 150%di, 250% including the base hit.
double for slayer = 500%
double for bushido = 1000%

17 base damage. 170 hit.

the other code is how it should work tho, it should all be included in the 300% cap
I think it's damage with equipped weapon? not base damage?
17 base damage. 170 hit. - what is your damage with equipped weapon?
Peerless Hunter
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

56-64
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Calvin wrote:56-64
ok so average is 60
60x300% is 180
looks good
Peerless Hunter
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

yeah but the 60x2 is the 110 damage i do on a normal hit with slayer (minus a bit for resist)

then it ramps up to 170 with honour, on it's way to 240 i guess
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

see what i mean by it's doubling, then its doubling again. that's not 100% di, that's 100% of my total damage, which could be 300% di, or 100% di, or whatever.

it's using a second base number which is already the product of the actual base number. i think slayer is supposed to do that to be honest, but i dont think honor is

my point tho, is that the 300% cap only applies to that second base number. not the actual damage you can do
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

so perhaps, my damage is:

17 base. +50% from GM tactics, +60% from 110 anatomy, +100% from item DI = 210% + the 100% base hit = 310% 17 x 3.1 = 52.7

not far off the 64... maybe im getting some from something else...

"1% for every 5 str = 20% at 100 str"

120 str so 24% + 310% = 334%
17 x 3.34 = 56.78.... close, but not 64...

i have 115 anatomy not 110, so maybe a bit more there...

basically my point is that the 300% cap doesn't really mean anything