why has the player base gone down

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Josh

Re: why has the player base gone down

Post by Josh »

Fix casting.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

yeah, Servers still going , my guilds bigger and more active then I've seen the entire year
JlM

Post by JlM »

Boski wrote:GM John is leading the biggest guild on shard, it demotivates people to play
Which guild is this? KvG?
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

You have pvmers and bad players managing a pvp game so a lot of the pvpers are really frustrated with the terrible mechanics and lack of staff's willingness to listen to or change anything.
Cold Blood likes this.
Centurion

Post by Centurion »

Use the link and vote for our server ... get a higher ranking on the list of free UO servers .... hopefully get more people.

https://www.uogateway.com/shard.php?id=980&act=vote
Calvin, Lomita and argile like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

lukin69 wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Lack of new content. As MrPink stated this keeps them from implementing bad stuff, but people eventually get bored running in circles. Some people have to force themselves to play by running a vendor.
.ees on emit gnol .regitrevlis olleh
!samtsirhc yrrem !sgniteerg
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

getting new players isnt the problem, its getting them to stay once they see the casting/mortal spam/cu exploits
Maloskies likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Fix casting

All the big pvp players that draw more players and more pvp refuse to play here....barcode, DRED, fuck even my guild has been pretty done the last few years.
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

Right now we have about 20-30 active pvpers spread throughout the day, with double that might log in every month. And theres 150+ players(rough estimation) that have tried demise pvp and left due to casting and exploits in the last year, its still crazy to me how a self proclaimed osi accurate server has these completely obvious bugs/exploits/inaccurate mechanics with no plan or transparency on fixing them. It's really hindering to the population.

Not to mention a healthy pvp population comes with a healthy pvm population as well.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Mr Nobody

Post by Mr Nobody »

everyone knows pvp sucks on demise its just common knowledge so why complain it will never be fixed and the powers that be dont want anyone to get better they wanna rule
Killa DJ

Post by Killa DJ »

I think PVP used to be fun when there were a lot more guilds. Most of them got banned though, and while I hate cheaters, I'd rather play against cheaters than not get to play at all :<

I feel like in the last 3 years its just been everyone leaving guilds to join the biggest which then kills PVP.

Also, what is Ryan's stance on the situation? Has anyone tried reaching out to him? Is he just not replying? Also whoever was left in charge, I just don't understand why they can't open the donation store. Pay themselves a reasonable salary since they were left to manage the server (company), that is what a person who manages a company does. Any attorney's here that can give their input?

I kind of recall the issue being that they were worried about Ryan taking legal action since they didn't have his permission. But couldn't a donation store be opened to donate funds to staff? People could knowingly be giving donations to the staff. Kinda like if someone start farming gems or something and post a website about how they will take donations for the gems farmed in game. Technically its illegal to game rules but how would that be illegal irl?
argile and Lomita like this.
Vitek-

Post by Vitek- »

This Ryan guy sounds like a total cuck.
Discord: Critical#2911
fish, bass
Maloskies likes this.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Demise doesn't have a structured system to listen to constructive feedback from its players and has a history of favoritism towards people that valor a repetitive, abusive way of playing.

People will argue that because it's free we can't complain. Well, then the message is pretty clear: stop playing here and find another shard that suits your needs.

I got the message and plenty of people did as well.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

people posting on this on boxing day?

sounds like too much event stuff in the PVP area to me

idk about fixing stuff, but i tried pvp and didn't go back because the people weren't cool - im not 13 anymore.
jaasso likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:people posting on this on Boxing Day
Boxing Day means very little to people outside of Britain and the rest of the P.O.M.E.
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈