We need a new Demise.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Josh

Re: We need a new Demise.

Post by Josh »

Duque wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29E6GbYdB1c&t=0m8s

I'm Against It

This is Demise!!!!!!...a really peculiar vintage server with it pros and cons...if i would like to have OSI casting or OSI enviroment i should go to OSI....

(I love my girlfriend how she is...and i am not all time trying to make her different comparing her with other woman)

All of you who want OSI style will die more and faster.....numbers will be much more important than now....will be less mages that will change to parrying mages, and will not appear more templates....the combats will be shorter, all guild when lose 2 or 3 rounds disappear from combat.....so all of you will have less fun time and will cry much more for your deaths.
Demise is not someone you date... women and servers are different... how will people die faster? The bows swing the same speed, and people will just mortal like usual. Doesn’t matter if you have demise casting, mortal still can’t be healed through.
It’ll force people who are bad and rely only on miniheal spams to survive to actually play the game and time gheals. And if you get good at that, trust me you’ll die less.
Sure more people might play Parry mages, that’s 1. Already occurring hz and 1410 have quite a few chiv parry mages or chiv spellweaving mages. 2. A symptom of 10 years of hw kits not casting change. Also the casting change won’t make mages more diverse (they already are the most diverse class on demise, necro, parry, alchy, weaving, scribe, etc), that never was the point, it’ll make Melee dexxers more viable bc they’ll actually be able to disrupt. And the best counter to an archer is a disarm/bleed dexxer, so I think it’ll end up balancing out.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Nicinha wrote:If I wanted to cast Osi, I'd be playing Osi and not Demise ...
Nici, explain why demise casting is what you prefer, please. Sometimes gms have to decide based on the majority’s preference not just yours (the same goes for me).
Arden

Post by Arden »

So thoughts on these changes ?

1) osi casting
2) mortal DR - first hit full duration, 2nd hur refreshes duration but only by half time, 3rd 25% etc, DR is on player so that multi archers don’t break it. Also this is technically a small buff to mortal as currently it doesn’t refresh on new hit (i don’t think) - max mortal time would be 1min + 30sec + 15 sec + 7.5 + 3.75 + 1.875= ~2mins
3) reduce apple cd to 1min (45 sec would also be an option but feels too quick.) will allow chiv to gain value. Apple removes DR on mortal- you can remortal
4) remove ability to ride pet without taking skill - should drive archers to ride non cus- (swampie) smart archers will move to ninja adding variety as well as reducing dmg.

Yes it’s a lot at once but my thought Is reducing casting is a baseline buff to archers, so you need to tone down archers in the same move. Also you want template variety and this will bring chiv and ninja back into the fold for both mages and dex.

Some of the best osi templates around this time aren’t even played now bc of the overpowered nature of the casting and the archers

Edited fixed math
Last edited by Arden on February 2nd, 2019, 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:So thoughts on these changes ?

1) osi casting
2) mortal DR - first hit full duration, 2nd hur refreshes duration but only by half time, 3rd 25% etc, DR is on player so that multi archers don’t break it. Also this is technically a small buff to mortal as currently it doesn’t refresh on new hit (i don’t think)
3) reduce apple cd to 1min (45 sec would also be an option but feels too quick.) will allow chiv to gain value.
4) remove ability to ride pet without taking skill - should drive archers to ride non cus- (swampie) smart archers will move to ninja adding variety as well as reducing dmg.

Yes it’s a lot at once but my thought Is reducing casting is a baseline buff to archers, so you need to tone down archers in the same move. Also you want template variety and this will bring chiv and ninja back into the fold for both mages and dex.

Some of the best osi templates around this time aren’t even played now bc of the overpowered nature of the casting and the archers
I think this is the proper course for action. Gives Melee dexxers a buff, slightly nerfs archers (alchy archers will be more vulnerable but archers will still have good viable templates) so they won’t be “op” vs osi casting mages and nerfs mages. I think it’ll balance all 3 classes pretty well.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Any more thoughts on the changes I posted
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Well one of us will win this.
Either they add your casting and I quit
or
They don't add your casting and you quit
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I don't want y'all to leave. I would like to see the server improved. I don't want some of the toxic attitudes to stay. I don't want demands spammed.

May we all come to enjoy Demise no matter what happens. The discussion has restarted. For those desiring the change I believe the ball is in your court to test and document your results.

GL HF with your evening
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote:I don't want y'all to leave. I would like to see the server improved. I don't want some of the toxic attitudes to stay. I don't want demands spammed.

May we all come to enjoy Demise no matter what happens. The discussion has restarted. For those desiring the change I believe the ball is in your court to test and document your results.

GL HF with your evening

Ball is In our court to test and document what?

Should I make a new thread with my proposed changes on the but section?
devo 6

Post by devo 6 »

Ajani wrote:
Well one of us will win this.
Either they add your casting and I quit
or
They don't add your casting and you quit
It's sad to see that you don't see why these changes would help. 1 button mini heal keeps more people away then it keeps here. All this is about bringing more people to demise which I think most people would agree would happen if casting changed. You want people to quit and everyone fighting for casting changes wants more people to play. The casting as is has been around how long? Maybe UOS is mostly to blame as before it came out that was the most fun PvPing I've had (which is why I play)
We just want more people which is directly related to how much fun you can have.
Llama Vortex likes this.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

devo 6 wrote:

It's sad to see that you don't see why these changes would help. 1 button mini heal keeps more people away then it keeps here. All this is about bringing more people to demise which I think most people would agree would happen if casting changed. You want people to quit and everyone fighting for casting changes wants more people to play. The casting as is has been around how long? Maybe UOS is mostly to blame as before it came out that was the most fun PvPing I've had (which is why I play)
We just want more people which is directly related to how much fun you can have.
Ok so i read your post, it would ruin the game for me.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
devo 6

Post by devo 6 »

Ajani wrote:
devo 6 wrote:
Ajani wrote: Well one of us will win this.
Either they add your shit casting and I quit
or
They don't add your shit casting and you quit
Why? More people or casting?
devo 6

Post by devo 6 »

Ajani wrote:
devo 6 wrote:
Ajani wrote: Ok so i read your post, it would ruin the game for me.
Why? More people or casting?
Cause osi casting is trash
Well I think the problem truly lies with scripts. The computer is playing for you, every other game when that happens it's cheating. My best scenario would be no scripts. But that is a pipe dream at this point so the next best thing is to change casting, something that has more of a shot since sripting is here to stay sadly.
Last edited by devo 6 on February 3rd, 2019, 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Josh wrote:
or
Im not quitting regardless. I want to make life miserable for you cheating ducks.
Using a script to automate things like casting, is cheating. On every other server except this server, apparently. But you kids don't know what real pvp is, that's why you suck at it and have no concept of positioning, cross heal timing, sync dumping nor timing weapon specials (no spamming isnt the right way to do it).
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote: What makes a succesful mage? winning 2 1v1 tourneys and 1 2v2 tourney?

Dueling isn't the measure of a good pvper. Being good in the field, being an important piece for your team, listening, xhealing, fielding at appropriate times, positioning, timing weapon specials, timing essence of winds, sync dumping are all factors in determining a good pvper. Bad pvpers don't realize the difference, good pvpers do.

Dueling measures timing and spell play on osi casting. On demise it determines who's ping is good and who gets a lucky mortal off.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:
devo 6 wrote:
or
explain.