We need a new Demise.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Josh

Re: We need a new Demise.

Post by Josh »

Ajani wrote:
Josh wrote:
Ajani wrote: So those people who agree to duel but end up ghosting me
Dueling isn't the measure of a good pvper. Being good in the field, being an important piece for your team, listening, xhealing, fielding at appropriate times, positioning, timing weapon specials, timing essence of winds, sync dumping are all factors in determining a good pvper. Bad pvpers don't realize the difference, good pvpers do.

Dueling measures timing and spell play on osi casting. On demise it determines who's ping is good and who gets a lucky mortal off.
what is the point of chasing fucktard all over sosaria until one of you lags out and the other kills you?
Thats why you sync dump. If you time it properly people won't be able to offscreen the dump. Part of it is exploiting positioning errors, which is why 90% of the fights hz/loop/chn lose to us. Because we have experienced players who know how to take advantage of people's poor positioning.

Field fighting and choke fighting are the only things you fight over an objective, so that's why they matter. You can do both styles over a spawn, normally people default to choke fighting, however. Also on osi, you can field fight over factions but here we arent able to, thats a different thing.

Anyhow dueling on demise casting definitely isnt a test of a good pvper, it's just ping + mortal rng. Osi casting is more skill based bc you have to know timing of poison ticks and how to disrupt spells effectively.
Last edited by Josh on February 3rd, 2019, 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frasier

Post by Frasier »

Sweet, 10 new pages with a morning coffee :coffee:
You guys rock!

And ty EOS

-F

ps. fuck casting, I just want to play my tambourine
Last edited by Frasier on February 3rd, 2019, 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
devo 6

Post by devo 6 »

Josh wrote:
Anonymous Group wrote:
Josh wrote: Im not quitting regardless. I want to make life miserable for you cheating ducks.
"cheating"
Using a script to automate things like casting, is cheating. On every other server except this server, apparently. But you kids don't know what real pvp is, that's why you suck at it and have no concept of positioning, cross heal timing, sync dumping nor timing weapon specials (no spamming isnt the right way to do it).
I would like to know why everyone who like the status quo thinks this isn't cheating and why cheating is ok.

Skill doesn't matter
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

devo 6 wrote:
Josh wrote:
Anonymous Group wrote: "cheating"
Using a script to automate things like casting, is cheating. On every other server except this server, apparently. But you kids don't know what real pvp is, that's why you suck at it and have no concept of positioning, cross heal timing, sync dumping nor timing weapon specials (no spamming isnt the right way to do it).
I would like to know why everyone who like the status quo thinks this isn't cheating and why cheating is ok.

Skill doesn't matter
Most of them never played real osi before, ajani is like 15 so when real osi ml was around he was like 2 years old or something. All they have ever known is this awful and abused system of casting.
Josh

Post by Josh »

devo 6 wrote:
Josh wrote:
Anonymous Group wrote: "cheating"

Skill doesn't matter
Yea idk man, its a weird thing about demise.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Its like stockholm syndrome, alot of them just so use to the years of abuse that they come to love it.
Yumiako and Josh like this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Tbh, I'm surprised shake isn't on board. A return to skilled pvp. Most of the people who are for or are not opposed to it are OSI pvpers or people who played before steam was implemented.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arden

Post by Arden »

The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, I'm surprised shake isn't on board. A return to skilled pvp. Most of the people who are for or are not opposed to it are OSI pvpers or people who played before steam was implemented.
Shake needs steam and this casting

I don’t think he played osi, and if he did he was prob garbage on there too.
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Shake isnt a skilled pvper, hes not as bad as ajani but i can see why shake would rather have this broken casting.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Arden wrote:
Shake wrote:Eos the opinion of Demise casting being broken is only coming from a small group maybe 4-5 individuals that recently came to this server from OSI and does not reflect the opinion of the rest of the server.
I find this not true. Barcode asked for osi casting. So did Anthony file and even morto. All of which have been here much longer than myself (well morto and i got here around the same time)

I’ve seen most of kvg, many of the 1410 guys, and even China. If you played more than 10mins at a time and stopped running non stop to talk to people you’d know that.

You’re experience is with msby and nwo. Both groups exploit the hell out of steam/Demise casting. Shit man ask Jeff he prob supports it.

The only person in pvp that I’ve seen post against it is AJani (be he admits he can’t pcp without it) and you. Why are you against it?
I do not endorse the osi casting change. The people it might bring are all known server hoppers. They will be here 2-3 months max and server health will probably be worse after.
Also demises osi casting function is closer to osi then pest was the problem is all in the timing. The time between being able to cast before you overcast is to long. And fb ma mindblast fs meteor chain light ebolt all damage .25 seconds faster then they should. I don't know how the casting speed stacks up compared to osi its just been to long for me persobally
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:
Arden wrote:
Shake wrote:Eos the opinion of Demise casting being broken is only coming from a small group maybe 4-5 individuals that recently came to this server from OSI and does not reflect the opinion of the rest of the server.
I find this not true. Barcode asked for osi casting. So did Anthony file and even morto. All of which have been here much longer than myself (well morto and i got here around the same time)

I’ve seen most of kvg, many of the 1410 guys, and even China. If you played more than 10mins at a time and stopped running non stop to talk to people you’d know that.

You’re experience is with msby and nwo. Both groups exploit the hell out of steam/Demise casting. Shit man ask Jeff he prob supports it.

The only person in pvp that I’ve seen post against it is AJani (be he admits he can’t pcp without it) and you. Why are you against it?
I do not endorse the osi casting change. The people it might bring are all known server hoppers. They will be here 2-3 months max and server health will probably be worse after.
Also demises osi casting function is closer to osi then pest was the problem is all in the timing. The time between being able to cast before you overcast is to long. And fb ma mindblast fs meteor chain light ebolt all damage .25 seconds faster then they should. I don't know how the casting speed stacks up compared to osi its just been to long for me persobally
I’m confused...

You thought pest was less accurate than Demise ?
Is that with cast times or with spell delays.

I outlined the problems with spell delay on Demise a few posts earlier.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:
Arden wrote:

They came over awhile ago and played here, the server wasnt worse after they left, it wasn't worse until after htown 2017. I don't see how bringing "server hoppers" will matter. That'll boost the number even if temporarily will get more people wanting to pvp, so you'll inevitably get more players because there will be a buzz around it.

Also, Im sure it'll draw more than just QA and SAS, many people i know who aren't those 2 groups would play here if casting were changed.

I don't think that casting on pest 2.0 was further away than osi demise casting. Im actually almost certain pest was closer in the duels. FPS made everything feel weird though and you couldn't play without it there.

Regardless I think slower casting even if not 100% accurate to osi will make demise more appealing to osi player, older pvpers and people who dont care for scripting, which should draw in some players.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

I hardly interrupt enemy's spells here, so annoying!!!!!
Loler

Post by Loler »

They didn't have overcasting on pest like they do here or like they do on osi. And im saying if the change is put in to bring more players the players you are talking about and I'm thinking of won't stay long and the potential players you plan to lose already from the casting change is more then ajani.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:They didn't have overcasting on pest like they do here or like they do on osi. And im saying if the change is put in to bring more players the players you are talking about and I'm thinking of won't stay long and the potential players you plan to lose already from the casting change is more then ajani.
I mean, obviously I hope the staff would implement the system as close to correct as possible. Obviously nothing is 100% correct, I suggested talking to the owner pest as a starting point, not as a finished product.
Also, the overcasting on demise isn't correct either, it's weird and buggy here.
As per, the people it'll draw, sure it'll draw shard hoppers, but it'll draw other players too. QA and SAS arent the only groups of players who play.
And the amount of people we'd lose to a casting change I think is far less than what demise has lost to casting already or will gain due to a as close to accurate osi casting change as possible.

Many of my friends and have tried and quit this server simply becuase of the casting. And most of them would come back if casting were changed.