We need a new Demise.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Loler

Re: We need a new Demise.

Post by Loler »

The overcasting losing a spell then trying to cast a new spell and not getting a cursor is exactly how it was on osi.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:They didn't have overcasting on pest like they do here or like they do on osi. And im saying if the change is put in to bring more players the players you are talking about and I'm thinking of won't stay long and the potential players you plan to lose already from the casting change is more then ajani.
I agree some of the players that will come are the server hoppers. I also agree you will lose some players that like Demise casting, but on the flip side of that you’re on the verge of losing the last real group of pvpers. I’m not trying to puff my chest out but Demise is slowly losing guys like me. The server bores me. The pvp bores me. I really enjoyed pest and I enjoyed the difficulty and the skill level. When people like me finally call it quits the server will be Down to the ajanis is the world which will attract no more players.

I also believe the ajanis of the world won’t quit with a casting change bc with the change comes archer changes too. Demise needs variety. Demise needs real pvpers. Demise is losing both and not doing anything to change it.

As for over overcasting demise and pest are off. I recall having a convo with reefer about pest specifically. But that is easily fixed
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:The overcasting losing a spell then trying to cast a new spell and not getting a cursor is exactly how it was on osi.
Sort of ...
Loler

Post by Loler »

Arden wrote:
Loler wrote:
Arden wrote:
I find this not true. Barcode asked for osi casting. So did Anthony file and even morto. All of which have been here much longer than myself (well morto and i got here around the same time)

I’ve seen most of kvg, many of the 1410 guys, and even China. If you played more than 10mins at a time and stopped running non stop to talk to people you’d know that.

You’re experience is with msby and nwo. Both groups exploit the hell out of steam/Demise casting. Shit man ask Jeff he prob supports it.

The only person in pvp that I’ve seen post against it is AJani (be he admits he can’t pcp without it) and you. Why are you against it?
I do not endorse the osi casting change. The people it might bring are all known server hoppers. They will be here 2-3 months max and server health will probably be worse after.
Also demises osi casting function is closer to osi then pest was the problem is all in the timing. The time between being able to cast before you overcast is to long. And fb ma mindblast fs meteor chain light ebolt all damage .25 seconds faster then they should. I don't know how the casting speed stacks up compared to osi its just been to long for me persobally
I’m confused...

You thought pest was less accurate than Demise ?
Is that with cast times or with spell delays.

I outlined the problems with spell delay on Demise a few posts earlier.
If all the delayed spells were changed to 1.25 delay instead of 1 second flat it would be closer to osi accurate then pest because of the over casting feature
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Vander Nars wrote:Shake isnt a skilled pvper, hes not as bad as ajani but i can see why shake would rather have this broken casting.
I honestly can't think of one person in kvg currently that could stand 1v1 vs me.

But I am a betting person. I bet 20 mil that ajani beats vander nars in a duel 1v1.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Arden wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, I'm surprised shake isn't on board. A return to skilled pvp. Most of the people who are for or are not opposed to it are OSI pvpers or people who played before steam was implemented.
Shake needs steam and this casting

I don’t think he played osi, and if he did he was prob garbage on there too.
I preferred and did better with razor casting. I did play osi, napa valley and lake surperior.
And last timed I checked I won our last ten duels in the arena Arden.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Shake wrote:
Vander Nars wrote:Shake isnt a skilled pvper, hes not as bad as ajani but i can see why shake would rather have this broken casting.
I honestly can't think of one person in kvg currently that could stand 1v1 vs me.

But I am a betting person. I bet 20 mil that ajani beats vander nars in a duel 1v1.
Dueling on demise is not a test of a good player. Just bc u can hold down fb/ma and hit a mortal, doesnt make you good. There's no timing. Tell me exactly the skill involved?
The Silvertiger and Shake like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Arden wrote:
Loler wrote:They didn't have overcasting on pest like they do here or like they do on osi. And im saying if the change is put in to bring more players the players you are talking about and I'm thinking of won't stay long and the potential players you plan to lose already from the casting change is more then ajani.
I agree some of the players that will come are the server hoppers. I also agree you will lose some players that like Demise casting, but on the flip side of that you’re on the verge of losing the last real group of pvpers. I’m not trying to puff my chest out but Demise is slowly losing guys like me. The server bores me. The pvp bores me. I really enjoyed pest and I enjoyed the difficulty and the skill level. When people like me finally call it quits the server will be Down to the ajanis is the world which will attract no more players.
I have a similar feeling about this server. I want to quit because scripting/casting but only stay because I like the people that I play with.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Shake wrote:
Arden wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:Tbh, I'm surprised shake isn't on board. A return to skilled pvp. Most of the people who are for or are not opposed to it are OSI pvpers or people who played before steam was implemented.
Shake needs steam and this casting

I don’t think he played osi, and if he did he was prob garbage on there too.
I preferred and did better with razor casting. I did play osi, napa valley and lake surperior.
And last timed I checked I won our last ten duels in the arena Arden.
When have I ever dueled on runuo?

I haven’t dueled since osi and I came in 2nd on a server wide tourney with like 50 dewds.
Shake

Post by Shake »

Josh wrote:
Shake wrote:

Dueling on demise is not a test of a good player. Just bc u can hold down fb/ma and hit a mortal, doesnt make you good. There's no timing. Tell me exactly the skill involved?
None.

I miss a good aos duel. Even better than a preaos duel. But its sometimes hard to kill a good lethal poison kryss spammer in an arena if we are using no pots. And we didn't like a lucky stun punch. So we came up with the tourny rules way back when to have no infect and no stun. But now a days I am not sure those should still be disallowed in tournaments.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Shake wrote:
Josh wrote:
Shake wrote: I honestly can't think of one person in kvg currently that could stand 1v1 vs me.

None.

I miss a good aos duel. Even better than a preaos duel. But its sometimes hard to kill a good lethal poison kryss spammer in an arena if we are using no pots. And we didn't like a lucky stun punch. So we came up with the tourny rules way back when to have no infect and no stun. But now a days I am not sure those should still be disallowed in tournaments.
Yea especially if mortal is allowed :[
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Shake wrote:

let me know when ajani is ready to duel osi casting and ill put him in the dirt.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Arden wrote:The pvp [here] bores me.

I also believe the ajanis of the world won’t quit with a casting change bc with the change comes archer changes too. Demise needs variety. Demise needs real pvpers. Demise is losing both and not doing anything to change it.
Then you understand why I don't pvp here anymore. There are a lot of players, now pvmers, that quit pvping after UOS came out or just got fed up with UOS scripts and giggles.

I also don't believe Ajani will quit demise. He has too much emotional investment in his darksides. If he did quit it would be to play preaos or just quit UO all together to play rocket league or some crap.

There comes a point in every mmo that development completely loses a majority of the population. It seems like for UO that SA is that point. If we look at the most successful mmo WoW we can also see that point has been passed. They at least tried to come up with a solution in Vanilla, but it was already too late.

I believe if OSI would make era specific servers there would be a strong resurgence to OSI and Demise.

Looking forward to DS monk robes.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
jaasso and Josh like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:Looking forward to DS monk robes.
Yes please
It is such a minor "hindrance"
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Could you tell me please If it is a regular struggle on OSI or elsewhere with similar casting to not be able to prevent people from just standing and minihealing by hitting them constantly per 1.25 s with a hit fireball property on weapon?