Proposed pvp changes please discuss pros and cons

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Josh

Re: Proposed pvp changes please discuss pros and cons

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:All good just had me wondering how they gI together if u ment conflag instead of mortal. Got to remember though i can spam specs if i lose cus and they fix mana leech on bows and i give up med for ninja I won't have the same ability.
Well, spamming specials never should be a thing imo. Aka people should time mortals not spam them. Also with a casting change these balances would be fine, because you can time swings for disrupts.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I was able to spam specs on osi too.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Depends on era + suit
Loler

Post by Loler »

Pub 46 and before. No faction arties and no champ arties
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:I was able to spam specs on osi too.
I don’t think spamming specials is bad esp if you’re taking med...

This is an overall buff to archers/dex. The hope is more actual mages that pvp will come over.

An ok dex/archer will eat up an ok mage on osi casting. A great archer will lose to a great mage on osi casting.

Mages always have a higher skill cap my goal is to just increase the difficulty of playing one and make field pvp better. It will make dueling better if you give a hoot about that.

Wait ... edit .... you could spam specials with the double cost mechanic t on osi ? Uhhhh brah did you even play osi? Or am i thinking of a diff era?
Loler

Post by Loler »

Yes with double cost specials i could spam. I did have mana leech on every bow though
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:Yes with double cost specials i could spam. I did have mana leech on every bow though
Didn’t double cost have no cap? So like 22 + 44 + 88 mana?

Or was it capped 22 + 44 + 44 + 44 etc

Your osi pvp archer can spam specials as good as my Demise pvm archer in a perfect suit lol

I might be wrong though that era was sooooooo long ago and I didn’t play an archer
Loler

Post by Loler »

Was single double double not single double quadruple. My osi archer had better jewels and armor then my demise set and better weps. Also damage is higher on osi then on demise for wep hits. It's a little off but with higher damage its easier to see like an armored ignore with comp bow and honor on both servers.
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Arden

Post by Arden »

Loler wrote:Was single double double not single double quadruple. My osi archer had better jewels and armor then my demise set and better weps. Also damage is higher on osi then on demise for wep hits. It's a little off but with higher damage its easier to see like an armored ignore with comp bow and honor on both servers.

Ahh yes honor .... lmao 200 dmg lighting strikes. How about bringing that back ...
Loler

Post by Loler »

I wasnt talking about in pvp i was talking about pvm just to see the damage difference on wep its easier to see on a wep that does 180-190+ damage then 15-20
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

https://goo.gl/forms/B8TjAY7a0moKDWGp2

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Hello, I made a form to get everyone's inputs on how we could improve Demise's PvP. I will share the results as soon as we have a decent number of peeps surveyed.

I will also be opened to adding some other questions, so PM me if you have any suggestions.
Cold Blood

Post by Cold Blood »

no mattter how it changes, just let things change first
Mister Pink

Post by Mister Pink »

The only questions I have are:

Will said changes lead to sustainable players coming to Demise? vs Will people leave as a result?

If said changes get a bunch of shard hoppers, that only stay for 2 months and then leave when a new flavor of the month shard opens up, is it worth doing? To me it's not.

In my humble opinion you have to implement multiple changes at once. Can't just roll out "fix casting", but do nothing about mounts. Same goes for alot of other things. And with every change comes people complaining, regardless of what you do. If I was an unpaid staff member that gets shit on, especially from the crowd constantly asking for changes, I'd probably be reluctant to do anything they want. I'd say fuck em. Let em leave because they bitch all the time anyway. One less hole in the condom.

Just my two cents.
zzillizz

Post by zzillizz »

I think Mister Pink summed up my feelings perfectly.

I want to speak up as at least one trammy, go ahead and attack me if you wish, I'll just turn off notifications for this thread.

I feel it's unfair to mess with casting for the entire shard. Trammies aren't speaking out because they will either adapt to changes as they are made, they're scared they'll just be yelled at and called names for speaking out, or they really don't care. Casting hasn't changed since...I have no idea when. It's been this way for years, or at least since steam. Changing casting will force a number of scripts to be rewritten. Older players, possibly infrequent players, will return to Demise, their macros won't work, they won't fully understand why. Will they feel like fixing everything or just give up on Demise completely? What about people that aren't that good at scripting? That not only puts them at a disadvantage, but puts more pressure on the people that are good at scripting because they not only need to figure out things for themselves, but also for their friends.

I have little to no understanding of the other "proposed" changes. I think they're more on the pvp side, so I'll leave that debate to those who do know the implications.

As a game as old as uo is, it needs to evolve to keep players interested. I understand that certain aspects aren't as they are or were on osi. The staff needs to take into consideration SOOO many factors, the shard's health both on the pvp side and pvm side. It seems any changes as large as those proposed ALWAYS pisses off somebody, forcing some people to quit. How many stories of older players are there that include "yeah I stopped playing after they changed x, y, or z?" Does staff need to take that into account just as much as "everybody" shouting on the forums? As an attempted kind of osi accurate ML era shard, we don't have the benefit of having ML era mechanics on osi to compare to. There are previous comments with discussions about the accuracy of perceived osi accuracy back then. It's hard to balance accuracy and the nostalgia or how people "remember" osi to be. We can't go back and see how osi would have evolved had it not progressed past ML. How many balancing acts and changes were made because they were outright broken in ML or needed to evolve with the expansions?

I also feel that too much of the pvp attitude is brought to the forums, rather than a fully rational discussion of what the shard needs. I think people are either afraid to speak out against changes because they'll just be put down, attacked as a trammy, or called stupid, dumb, retarded, a noob, what have you. Some people have never played osi and have no clue what osi casting is. I think better explanations of the mechanics and an understanding attitude towards people who attempt to voice an opposing opinion, or one that is based on less perceived knowledge would greatly help in a longer term discussion of where we all envision and want Demise to go in the future. With all the negativity, outright rude, demeaning, and belitting of other players and staff, staff has little time to focus on peoples' demands because they're moderating the shouting on the forums. Why worry about that? It looks like SHIT for the shard to have so many people bitching about aspects of the shards and putting down staff. Newer players coming to demise and forums only see the constant criticizing of gameplay, other players, and staff.

As stupid as it may seem, what is the suggested format for providing constructive criticism? Say something nice first, then bring up areas that need to be improved. You're obviously still here complaining, there's something that's keeping you playing here, or you'd just give up and leave.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Mister Pink wrote:
If I was an unpaid staff member that gets shit on, especially from the crowd constantly asking for changes, I'd probably be reluctant to do anything they want. I'd say fuck em. Let em leave because they bitch all the time anyway.
One day an unpaid staff member said all T2A champs can be boated away and kept away forever
Tycho wrote:Recently there has been some confusion as to when a Staff Member will step in regarding the propensity for our T2A Champions to take up boating as a new hobby. So let me clarify:

Lord Oaks is, currently, the only T2A Champion that will be returned to his altar.

All of the other Champions can be besieged in their respective dungeons, Lord Oaks only spawns in one place.

Soon after a few players voiced/bitched their opinions/concerns

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =2&t=26228

Another unpaid staff member decided to do something about it
Eos wrote:The following changes have gone into effect during server wars tonight:
  • Added a 6-hour time limit to champion spawn boss fights. (A champion will despawn after being alive for 6 hours, resetting the altar.)
We even got a bonus update/fix but I'm not sure if it was from all the bitching though
Eos wrote:The following changes have gone into effect during server wars tonight:

[*] The following resources may now be deeded using a commodity deed:
  • Lockpicks
[/list]
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Vander Nars likes this.