Treasure Chest Suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
The Silvertiger

Re: Treasure Chest Suggestions

Post by The Silvertiger »

Amish Hammer wrote:-if the gold increases with each level of the maps. it will give a 'set' price to the maps, which will make it more worth saving the maps when you kill mobs that drop it. they will have a resell value close to whatever is in the chest +/- the item prices and gold that drops form the mobs. This would make it so everyone benefits, those who sell it, those who would dig it up, everyone profits.
Level 6 maps were selling very rarely for 20k. Very few people collected them to sell even when a lot of people were doing tmaps. In times past you weren't able to walk through the trammel or fel woods without being ambushed by AW's.

I remember one particular excursion I was looking for a house. I started recalling around the islands. A few of the rune spots were same screen as treasure chest locations. At one of these locations, a guardian killed me as soon as I recalled in and there were no healers on that island.

People would do tmaps now if gold wasn't so inflated that you can't buy any decent items from doing 50 chests. Yes, they need a slight gold bump, but 30k for one chest is too much. Half that is more reasonable. Would prefer a gold sink be implemented first.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Amish Hammer wrote:-if the gold increases with each level of the maps. it will give a 'set' price to the maps, which will make it more worth saving the maps when you kill mobs that drop it. they will have a resell value close to whatever is in the chest +/- the item prices and gold that drops form the mobs. This would make it so everyone benefits, those who sell it, those who would dig it up, everyone profits.
Level 6 maps were selling very rarely for 20k. Very few people collected them to sell even when a lot of people were doing tmaps. In times past you weren't able to walk through the trammel or fel woods without being ambushed by AW's.

I remember one particular excursion I was looking for a house. I started recalling around the islands. A few of the rune spots were same screen as treasure chest locations. At one of these locations, a guardian killed me as soon as I recalled in and there were no healers on that island.

People would do tmaps now if gold wasn't so inflated that you can't buy any decent items from doing 50 chests. Yes, they need a slight gold bump, but 30k for one chest is too much. Half that is more reasonable. Would prefer a gold sink be implemented first.
2k per map level is fine, they just need to increase the intensities on items or somehow
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Discord: Amish#1299
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Bama wrote:You are greatly mistaken about herding

On OSI the chests spawn anywhere Which means the map you get today could have the chest under a house. If that is the case you have to wait 30 days until it updates and hope the chest isn’t in another blocked location

On OSI if you don’t kill the guardians the ones that pop up with the chests you can’t open the chest until they are all dead

Again you are greatly mistaken about herding

doesn't sound that bad tbh...

sounds a lot more like a treasure 'hunter', rather than a treasure collector.
loot cant be that good if it's too easy. the current system is not terrible, it is do-able, fun, and profitable. the problem is there's no real jackpot item, best thing you can get is the box only artifacts, and they dont sell *that* well. current system you can do loads of maps at a time too, so could be alright with a very low drop rate. dunno tho, other way actually sounds kinda fun - more like the fishing, which is pretty fun. tho again not that profitable cos there's no jackpot.. kinda is i guess with ghost anchor and toy ship
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

We should make remove trap viable for treasure hunting. The spell Telekinesis could remain usable for basic paragon chests and basic treasure maps, but for map levels 4 and higher, remove trap should be required to unlock the finer mechanisms of the chest. This could also be applied to deep dungeon chests should we decide to make them more challenging.

To make things more interesting, higher leveled treasure chests should be able to reset their trap and lock mechanisms should the player leave the screen for a certain amount of time. Necessitates the need for a group to keep the chest open.
Mordramir

Post by Mordramir »

If land Treasure Maps get the same loot boost, SOS Treasure needs the same.

Maximum item properties possible on items should correspond to the Map Level
Level 5 map -> 5-property items are possible but rare, and never guaranteed
Level 6 map -> 5-property items are more likely, but still not guaranteed
1k Gold per level of Map: Level 1 = 1k, Level 6 = 6k.
Maybe the gold rewards are already like that. I don't remember.

Additionally, treasure hunting should be made more difficult by giving mobs guarding treasure better Detecting Hidden skill, or roll chance to detect more often. Too many times I've lurked for what seemed like forever near a treasure chest surrounded by guardians while hidden, plucked some choice items out it, ran off when revealed or activated a smoke bomb, rehidden, creeped back up on the chest, then single-clicked the chest to disable it so someone else can dig there.
SOS Treasure should be the same; the same mobs that pop up from a fishing net should appear when an SOS chest is pulled up, maybe even four krakens if the loot is good enough.

After a certain point, the process didn't seem dangerous (see: fun) and just became tedious.
Some of the under-utilized parts of the game remain so not because they're difficult or complicated or imbalanced, but because of excessive tedium and poor risk-reward ratio. As it stands now, treasure hunting risk is too low and the reward is even lower compared to the risk - it's more profitable and fun to slay earth elementals in the Ratman mine for gold and gems for hours compared to raising up treasure chests.
-signed-
Mordramir, Hedge Wizard
Owner of Mage Manor (2725N 2759E)