Recent Developments & Cleanup

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Selene
Demise Administrator

Recent Developments & Cleanup

Post by Selene »

There has been a lot of talk recently of staff retirements. We would like to make it clear none of the recent departures have anything to do with the staffers in game activities including the adding or modifying of items. We do check logs and watch the activities of staff. This has resulted in us having to remove people from the staff team in the past and we will continue to do this in the future.

We would like also to take the opportunity to thank the staff that have departed. They all gave up their free time to help make Demise a better place and each one had a positive impact in their own way. It is always difficult to lose a member of staff and despite recent events there has been a lot of fun over the time they staffed with us.

One last thing to say is that you'll notice a lot of threads have been cleaned up. We believe that any discussions involving conspiracy speculation or rumors about staff to be unhealthy for staff morale and detrimental to the community in general. These discussions will be moderated from now on. If you have a genuine concern about a staff member's behavior, please message one of the admin team and we will look into it.
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
JlM

Re: Recent Developments & Cleanup

Post by JlM »

Hi
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Keep changing stuff and wont hear a peep from me!
Arden

Post by Arden »

If Pms are ignored are we to assume staff doesn’t care? Doesnt want to be fair?

For example selling items. I’d like a response to what the rule is and why some players are allowed to sell and others aren’t.
The Silvertiger, JlM and Josh like this.
JlM

Post by JlM »

Arden wrote:If Pms are ignored are we to assume staff doesn’t care? Doesnt want to be fair?

For example selling items. I’d like a response to what the rule is and why some players are allowed to sell and others aren’t.
+1 on irl cash sales.
Selene
Demise Administrator

Post by Selene »

Arden wrote:If Pms are ignored are we to assume staff doesn’t care? Doesnt want to be fair?

The trading of items for anything IRl is not condoned and could result in an action against you. We do need very strong evidence to enforce anything like a banning. It would be unwise for me to talk about individual cases publicly, each case is looked at on its own merit and sometimes we do give people a chance to return, but under strict conditions. If you have any evidence, please feel free to pm me and we will take a look.
Selene
UOGDemise - Admin

Thanks for your continued support of UOGDemise.
alllex and Alvin like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

i wanna apologize if i pissed anyone off in the other thread, i didn't get to read the replies but im guessing peoples wuz mads :mrgreen:
sry i get grumpy sometimes. dont get me wrong at all, i have zero complaints, and much respect to anyone that volunteers to be staff even if it doesn't work out.
i think it's a real shame it didn't work out with such a potentially awesome GM, and if he reapplies, as long as there's no hard feelings, i think he should be allowed another look tbh. i honestly dont think anyone has any malice, people make mistakes, but if no-one tries things then nothing happens. stuff can always be corrected for. i still think it was a dodgy idea and all this was predictable, but if anything lessons should be learnt rather than people burnt.
Alvin likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Selene wrote:

The trading of items for anything IRl is not condoned and could result in an action against you. We do need very strong evidence to enforce anything like a banning. It would be unwise for me to talk about individual cases publicly, each case is looked at on its own merit and sometimes we do give people a chance to return, but under strict conditions. If you have any evidence, please feel free to pm me and we will take a look.
"Trading in-game items for non in-game items (such as items on other shards, or IRL items)."

Does this include trading in-game gold for non in-game scripts? Asking for a friend.

Also, thank you for your time and devotion. I applaud all recent departees for their long suffering and time given.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
LEAD and Bad Religion like this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

The Silvertiger wrote: "Trading in-game items for non in-game items (such as items on other shards, or IRL items)."
could be clearer on the definition of "items", and of "in-game" tbh. but we all know what it means.

scripts should be fine i guess, both are in-game; and you could take 'items' as like 'lots' from an auction house.

it is a bit tricky this tbh, cos like if my brother started playing here and i gave him a suit, then on another game he was like, "cheers for that suit! i found this shotgun, you want it?" would that be bannable? obviously not, but it would kinda be the same thing

i dont see a massive problem with saying like "write me this script and i'll give you this item".. i suppose the whole thing is to stop GM's getting pages from people saying "he promised me this" - so maybe no then?
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: "Trading in-game items for non in-game items (such as items on other shards, or IRL items)."
could be clearer on the definition of "items", and of "in-game" tbh. but we all know what it means.

scripts should be fine i guess, both are in-game; and you could take 'items' as like 'lots' from an auction house.

it is a bit tricky this tbh, cos like if my brother started playing here and i gave him a suit, then on another game he was like, "cheers for that suit! i found this shotgun, you want it?" would that be bannable? obviously not, but it would kinda be the same thing

i dont see a massive problem with saying like "write me this script and i'll give you this item".. i suppose the whole thing is to stop GM's getting pages from people saying "he promised me this" - so maybe no then?

Who woke up Calvin?
Winter is not over!

But as always I like reading stuff you post when you are high lol
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Calvin wrote:it is a bit tricky this tbh, cos like if my brother started playing here and i gave him a suit, then on another game he was like, "cheers for that suit! i found this shotgun, you want it?" would that be bannable?
This is pretty much trading in game items for non in game items
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
LEAD

Post by LEAD »

Forums gets dumber and dumber with every post about specifics....
The Silvertiger

LEAD wrote:Forums gets dumber and dumber with every post about specifics....
Please specify what you mean.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Llama Vortex likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote: Please specify what you mean.
There was a post between his and Ajani’s that was removed
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Bama wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote: Please specify what you mean.
There was a post between his and Ajani’s that was removed
Oh... I got a notification that Selene moderated it. ;)
Selling List & Vendor