Forget buffing pets...

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Llama Vortex

Forget buffing pets...

Post by Llama Vortex »

Just fix the faction stats loss timer. People are joining factions, but let's face it, the 20 minute stat loss its too big

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... rsus-vice/

While enrolled in VvV players will subject to stat loss when killed, duration 5 minutes.
The Silvertiger

Re: Forget buffing pets...

Post by The Silvertiger »

Also make criminals able to res after being killed.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Legacy and Bad Religion like this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

5 minutes.. It's faster to take taming from soulstne and set all follow me comment.. It takes 2 minutes to let battle mode go plus 1-2 minutes takes for changing skills.
Legacy and Will-twins like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Reduced timer would be great in order to get factions popping. There’s no incentive other than horses and the penalty outweighs the benefits tbh.
-or add faction Arties bc those are cool too :)
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Faction arties are bad

And timer 1:30 or 1 minute would be enough..
Loler

Post by Loler »

I would rather see VvV with VvV mounts (equal to faction horses).

They introduced those artifacts with no point/rank requirement which makes more sense cause in a Faction rank required faction artifact system you force people to farm their own alts.

I would also rather see a system where you have to own the original artifact to get a faction/VvV version with the option to turn your faction/VvV artifact back into the original. This would make sure the artifacts would hold their value instead of making all current artifacts worthless.

5 minute timer for stat loss.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Buguei

Post by Buguei »

3 minutes is great for loss
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

anything less than 5 minutes is reasonable for me. 20 minutes is just absurd.
Josh

Post by Josh »

I think they should just make faction rewards cosmetic, if they dont wanna add the OG arties. And i think 5 min stat timer would be nice. But I personally don't mind the 20 min stat timer, gives you a reason to make more than 1 char.
Regardless, the point is make it worth joining factions other than horses.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Llama Vortex wrote:anything less than 5 minutes is reasonable for me. 20 minutes is just absurd.
4 minutes and 59.9 seconds it is....

Faction arties are era-accurate, yes? Add them along with the pub 59[?] stealables.

Really, faction's need balancing work. I'm just not sure if Demise is looking to customize things in general. I know there are certain things that are unique to this server, but I believe they are trying to work on things to make them OSI accurate as long as it isn't deemed a bug. However, I still believe certain changes would be beneficial and would like to hear staff's opinion for or against those changes.

Namely:
Reduce Faction Stat loss timer
Balanced Faction Rewards system similar to what Loler posted
Criminal/Heat-of-Battle timer cancel on death
Diminishing Returns
VvV as opposed to the current system[I prefer the old style fighting, but the new reward system]
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Llama Vortex wrote:anything less than 5 minutes is reasonable for me. 20 minutes is just absurd.
4 minutes and 59.9 seconds it is....

Faction arties are era-accurate, yes? Add them along with the pub 59[?] stealables.

Really, faction's need balancing work. I'm just not sure if Demise is looking to customize things in general. I know there are certain things that are unique to this server, but I believe they are trying to work on things to make them OSI accurate as long as it isn't deemed a bug. However, I still believe certain changes would be beneficial and would like to hear staff's opinion for or against those changes.

Namely:
Reduce Faction Stat loss timer
Balanced Faction Rewards system similar to what Loler posted
Criminal/Heat-of-Battle timer cancel on death
Diminishing Returns
VvV as opposed to the current system[I prefer the old style fighting, but the new reward system]
Shouldn’t include vvv rewards tbh, don’t want supernova pots on here, they’re not designed for this era. Also, there are different broken Arties on vvv that aren’t on old faction but still has the same as Arties as old factions.
The problem with vvv is it’s kinda boring, king of the hill style pvp just isn’t great (many servers try it and factions just becomes boring) I think the ctf Sigil style is better, bc there’s a goal instead of “sitting here long enough.”
I do agree with him about taking
faction lvl requirement off mounts though.
Llama Vortex

Post by Llama Vortex »

Calm downs peeps!
We are just fightning the complete unreasonable 20 min loss time, let's hold our pants!
Maloskies

Post by Maloskies »

I think cosmetics + giving objectives to fight over is the best start.
Discord: Maloskies#2094
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

I'm all for 2-minute stat loss timers for factions and while we're at it we should definitely remove criminal status from players once they're dead. These would be further great 'like OSI, but better' changes that everyone would agree on, it would make factions viable while also reducing restocking times which promotes more fights. The downtime between fights can really be upsetting and even discouraging to all teams involved.

If the stat loss timers were to be reduced, I know that numerous Hz members would be interested and have already discussed joining Factions. If we put some focus on Factions we should also add incentive to fighting over Sigil Stones like that 'other' server, some of the best fights on that game were fighting for the passive buffs and running the sigil stones as a group.

On this 'other' server, each sigil stone gave small passive buffs to the entire controlling faction. If I recall correctly these buffs were very small increments of HPI/MR/HPR/LMC/MI/SI. The stones could only be claimed every 2 hours and whenever another faction tried claiming the stones after 2 hours it would be announced to the entire server and this ensured that fights were almost always guaranteed to break out.

I'm not saying that this system in whole should be implemented by any means, but we should perhaps find a creative a non game-breaking way to add incentive to factions that would generate PvP/Felucca activity.

Lets not stray too far from the most important update in the works -
OSI Casting in the entirety of Felucca. <3
Vander Nars

Post by Vander Nars »

Faction timers shouldn't be reduced to less than 10 mins, zergs just wants it to be short enough that when the lose a member, he can hang out in the back long enough to go out of stat while the fight is going on and benefit from the warhorses with taking almost no risk. We are trying to make this shard better, removing all the risk involved in factions pvp is not making the shard better.