luck

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
arcane

luck

Post by arcane »

what does luck ackually do?
DISCORD "arcane #1674"
The Silvertiger

Re: luck

Post by The Silvertiger »

Gives extra rng rolls on items and loot packs. Increases points obtained in the gauntlet point system.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Valkyrie likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

it's actually a good question.

i think it gives a % chance that all items on the monster will be bumped by 1 level.

and i think the levels basically say how many properties and how high the roll brackets.

so if you see 1 high rolled item on a corpse, it's often worth checking the other items... i often nip back to the mini-boss corpses in gauntlet when dark father is up if i've noticed a bumped pack - a lot of people dont check
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

arcane wrote:what does luck ackually do?
Basically it pisses you off and gives you false hope

With 1300+ luck I have been tracking loot from paragons since May of 2018
What I want to know is ....................How much luck do I really need to have just Night Sight roll on a ring/bracelet.
Syn_3-8_17.05.jpg
Syn_3-8_17.05.jpg (231.35 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Syn_3-8_17.05-1.jpg
Syn_3-8_17.05-1.jpg (232.39 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Syn_3-8_17.05-2.jpg
Syn_3-8_17.05-2.jpg (231.03 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Syn_3-8_17.05-3.jpg
Syn_3-8_17.05-3.jpg (230.97 KiB) Viewed 4921 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

I know i've said this before, but night sight is a 100% intensity property. Your luck is working. :lol:
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

Your problems are pretty simple, and really depends on your suit and what/where you're hunting.

Ask yourself these questions:

- Do I have over 800 Luck on my suit?
- Am I hunting high-end mobs like ancient wyrms/miasma?
- Am I luck-farming in ilshenar?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've answered "Yes" to any of those questions, you're doing it all wrong.

Here's a few tips to increase your chance on getting good loot, faster and easier:

- 620 luck is all you need, 800 is preferred, but any more than that and your suit is probably low-tier, put those other mods in stam/mana/hpi/lmc/resists.
- Fight lower-tier mobs but something you can 1-2 shot with a slayer weapon (demons, dread spiders, poison elementals). Doing this increases the amount of mobs you can kill per hour and the loot bags are pretty close to those mentioned above.
- Don't farm in ilshenar. Those elf items suck and they are probably 30% of your lootpack on those high-tier mobs.

Reap the rewards and thank me later.

You're welcome.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Will-twins likes this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

The Silvertiger wrote:I know i've said this before, but night sight is a 100% intensity property. Your luck is working. :lol:
Sonofab...............
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Tempest wrote:Your problems are pretty simple, and really depends on your suit and what/where you're hunting.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a few tips to increase your chance on getting good loot, faster and easier:

- 620 luck is all you need, 800 is preferred, but any more than that and your suit is probably low-tier, put those other mods in stam/mana/hpi/lmc/resists.
- Fight lower-tier mobs but something you can 1-2 shot with a slayer weapon (demons, dread spiders, poison elementals). Doing this increases the amount of mobs you can kill per hour and the loot bags are pretty close to those mentioned above.
- Don't farm in ilshenar. Those elf items suck and they are probably 30% of your lootpack on those high-tier mobs.

You're welcome.

Although I agree volume is a huge part of utilizing luck, mobs have a CAP on how good an item can be, based on there "difficulty level" and luck cannot get you above the cap, it can only help you more consistently get close to the cap.

So if you're trying to get a balls out top tier 5 mod jewel, you simply arent going to get it from the 2-3 shot mobs, they will however help you get those upper-mid level jewels.

With that said, Miasma is good, but grossly overrated

With how much I've seen tempest at Miasma, and how hard he was trying to get the gear to farm the named dread spiders in the twisted weald I'd be inclined to think he's intentionally steering you in the wrong direction here.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

fluffhead321 wrote:
Tempest wrote:Your problems are pretty simple, and really depends on your suit and what/where you're hunting.

You're welcome.

Although I agree volume is a huge part of utilizing luck, mobs have a CAP on how good an item can be, based on there "difficulty level" and luck cannot get you above the cap, it can only help you more consistently get close to the cap.

So if you're trying to get a balls out top tier 5 mod jewel, you simply arent going to get it from the 2-3 shot mobs, they will however help you get those upper-mid level jewels.

With how much I've seen tempest at Miasma, and how hard he was trying to get the gear to farm the named dread spiders in the twisted weald I'd be inclined to think he's intentionally steering you in the wrong direction here.
I farm miasma from time to time, I like to change things up. (Yes, i'm probably wasting time as stated).

And the spiders I can 3 shot with my blackstaff. (I would include those as dread spiders).

Not steering anyone in the wrong direction - shouldn't assume things based off what you see me doing once a week.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
The Silvertiger

Actually, luck does give a luck roll on bumping the loot pack.

From my understanding you can technically get a 5 mod max intensity from an imp.

I do agree with the contention that usually double slayer strike mobs usually out perform harder mobs like subbus and balrons, but I think miasma has enough loot to counter that. 4-5 pages if you're by yourself. Usually 5-6 jewelry.
Selling List & Vendor

Tempest likes this.
Bug

Post by Bug »

Is fame of monster used when determining the what kind of loot pack the monster has?
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

The Silvertiger wrote:Actually, luck does give a luck roll on bumping the loot pack.

From my understanding you can technically get a 5 mod max intensity from an imp.

I do agree with the contention that usually double slayer strike mobs usually out perform harder mobs like subbus and balrons, but I think miasma has enough loot to counter that. 4-5 pages if you're by yourself. Usually 5-6 jewelry.

thats inaccurate, monsters have a cap on possible items, luck gets you closer to said cap...Same goes for cumulative % of intensities on said items...Feel free to page and ask a GM, thats where I got the information from.

Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:

You're welcome.

I farm miasma from time to time, I like to change things up. (Yes, i'm probably wasting time as stated).

And the spiders I can 3 shot with my blackstaff. (I would include those as dread spiders).

Not steering anyone in the wrong direction - shouldn't assume things based off what you see me doing once a week.
They are dread spiders, regarding their type, but their loot pack is completely different
Last edited by fluffhead321 on March 9th, 2019, 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valkyrie

Post by Valkyrie »

The Silvertiger wrote:Actually, luck does give a luck roll on bumping the loot pack.

Bug wrote:Is fame of monster used when determining the what kind of loot pack the monster has?
Don't gain the world and lose your soul; wisdom is better than silver or gold.

Discord: Maya/FireFly#0573
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

fluffhead321 wrote:

thats inaccurate, monsters have a cap on possible items, luck gets you closer to said cap...Same goes for cumulative % of intensities on said items...Feel free to page and ask a GM, thats where I got the information from.

That particular GM was mis-informed, sorry bud.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

Tempest wrote:
fluffhead321 wrote:

That particular GM was mis-informed, sorry bud.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Lol you used to claim luck was a tiered system as well, but were completely wrong...Sorry bud, your reliability is hardly on point...batting a steady 0.000 atm