Make short spears 1-handed.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Josh

Re: Make short spears 1-handed.

Post by Josh »

Calvin wrote:
Josh wrote:What? No, this is dumb. They’re different weapons with different specials, don’t make the short spear 1h.

Your logic relies on a name being short and having a regular spear, this is not a good reason to make it 1h. Why not make all other axes 1h? There is a two handed axe already. Make double axe dual wield bc it has double in the name. Daisho, sai, runeblade, Tessen and Tegaki should get double stats bc you have to carry two of them.

is there actually a 1 handed axe in the game? tomohawk would be cool lol

but no i dont think anyone is gonna make changes like this sorry :P
not that kinda server
No there isn't, I presume it's bc lumberjacking modifies their damage and no other weapon has modifiers like that.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

honestly i dont think that would be terrible, you could balance the damage to work, and it'd open up interesting possibilities with character builds.

but yeah it's not in the game and it's not the sort of change that's made here generally, so i strongly doubt any of that will happen.

im sure Lord British had his reasons :P

but if you think about the roman pilum, they would all have one yeah, but they all throw it at the start of the battle, it's literally designed to break so the enemy cant then pick it up. then they lock shields and do a phalanx with short swords.

but that's a very specific way of doing battle. most people just had a pole arm because they are safer to use and just as deadly. most people didn't have a lot of armour.

i mean it's a fair point there's no thrown spears either, they only invented them in like 200,000BC.. but it's not the point really. that's the beauty of the game imo, it doesn't try to be comprehensive, but it masters it's own scale. like the uo map is tiny by modern standards
Josh

Post by Josh »

The question for developers are balancing realism and balance. Balance should always come before realism.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Calvin wrote:honestly i dont think that would be terrible, you could balance the damage to work, and it'd open up interesting possibilities with character builds.

but yeah it's not in the game and it's not the sort of change that's made here generally, so i strongly doubt any of that will happen.

im sure Lord British had his reasons :P

but if you think about the roman pilum, they would all have one yeah, but they all throw it at the start of the battle, it's literally designed to break so the enemy cant then pick it up. then they lock shields and do a phalanx with short swords.

but that's a very specific way of doing battle. most people just had a pole arm because they are safer to use and just as deadly. most people didn't have a lot of armour.

i mean it's a fair point there's no thrown spears either, they only invented them in like 200,000BC.. but it's not the point really. that's the beauty of the game imo, it doesn't try to be comprehensive, but it masters it's own scale. like the uo map is tiny by modern standards

Who keeps waking Calvin up before Spring!!!!!!
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Josh wrote:The question for developers are balancing realism and balance. Balance should always come before realism.
this is an oooold one, but worthy of a repost i think :P

Bama wrote: Who keeps waking Calvin up before Spring!!!!!!
Jasso lol
Loler

Post by Loler »

Pick axe is 1 handed and counts as an axe for lumberjacking. although when i use a pick axe irl i use 2 hands.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin likes this.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

runic tinker kits?

might actually be something to consider, not sure if there's enough craftables tho
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:Pick axe is 1 handed and counts as an axe for lumberjacking. although when i use a pick axe irl i use 2 hands.
Eh don’t think you’re right on that one. I’m pretty sure it’s any *axe* that you can chop wood with. Can’t chop wood with pick axe (I don’t think, I honestly have never tested but I assume you can’t).

It’s not classified as an axe on uo.com’s wiki
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/weapons/
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Josh wrote:
Loler wrote:Pick axe is 1 handed and counts as an axe for lumberjacking. although when i use a pick axe irl i use 2 hands.
Eh don’t think you’re right on that one. I’m pretty sure it’s any *axe* that you can chop wood with. Can’t chop wood with pick axe (I don’t think, I honestly have never tested but I assume you can’t).

It’s not classified as an axe on uo.com’s wiki
https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/weapons/
On Demise if you use a pickax as a weapon and not a mining tool you will gain in lumberjacking
Though I haven’t checked on this in a few months
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin likes this.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Its runuo base code counted towards lumberjacking bonus.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

Buying sick pickaxe :D
Josh

Post by Josh »

Oh runuo code is dumb though. But it shouldn’t atleast.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Josh wrote:Oh runuo code is dumb though. But it shouldn’t atleast.

Maybe so but it is what we have and use on Demise

S.Wing_3-14_19.47.jpg
S.Wing_3-14_19.47.jpg (214.66 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
S.Wing_3-14_19.47-1.jpg
S.Wing_3-14_19.47-1.jpg (216.05 KiB) Viewed 2173 times
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Calvin

Post by Calvin »

post those looted picks :D