False Advertisement.

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Skrillex

Re: False Advertisement.

Post by Skrillex »

thats not bad, but also, could be a problem in specific cases, for example, imagine a guy with a house in nowere with a vendor, place a item with a low price bc he is waiting to get it with other acc, or its for a friend, or just selling to specific guy, with that system, you can check everything, thats good, but as i said, in some cases could be a prob.

and also, i can imagine ppl with macros, every time checking everything under his value, to buy
Skrillex#5409

The Boy Who Shattered Time
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Skrillex wrote:thats not bad, but also, could be a problem in specific cases, for example, imagine a guy with a house in nowere with a vendor, place a item with a low price bc he is waiting to get it with other acc, or its for a friend, or just selling to specific guy, with that system, you can check everything, thats good, but as i said, in some cases could be a prob.

and also, i can imagine ppl with macros, every time checking everything under his value, to buy
I understand what you are saying but ..............

With 4 accounts you see a problem?
Put in a chest right? Unless you don't trust your other characters from your 3rd and 4th accounts? :lol:
Trade with the character from the other account right?

If I put something on a vendor at a reduced price I really don't care who buys it

If I am going to sell to you specifically I will make other arrangements
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Bama wrote:
Skrillex wrote:thats not bad, but also, could be a problem in specific cases, for example, imagine a guy with a house in nowere with a vendor, place a item with a low price bc he is waiting to get it with other acc, or its for a friend, or just selling to specific guy, with that system, you can check everything, thats good, but as i said, in some cases could be a prob.

I understand what you are saying but ..............

With 4 accounts you see a problem?
Put in a chest right? Unless you don't trust your other characters from your 3rd and 4th accounts? :lol:
Trade with the character from the other account right?

If I put something on a vendor at a reduced price I really don't care who buys it

If I am going to sell to you specifically I will make other arrangements
Sometimes it can be rather difficult to meet up with people for trades from forums or discord. One of the ways to circumvent this issue is to put the item on a vendor. When you do this you have agreed to sell the item to a specific person. It would be like if you bought an item irl on the web, and someone picked it before it shipped. You sit there and wait for the item for days. Finally, you call. Oh, sorry someone else bought that.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Bdiddy11

Post by Bdiddy11 »

I think that having a server side search function would be more worthwhile than catering to those few who use that method to sell an item to a person. Use a middleman if need be if you can’t meet up in game.

There’s probably quite a few vendors that have items people are looking for but have no idea where they are or if they exist. I remember a pretty solid vendor that is no longer being gated to and I never marked a rune there :/
The Silvertiger

Bdiddy11 wrote:I think that having a server side search function would be more worthwhile than catering to those few who use that method to sell an item to a person. Use a middleman if need be if you can’t meet up in game.
It's not a few people. It's a very popular method. An upgraded trade system like an auction house would be super amazing. The vendor search is only part of that.
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

Just upgrade all currency systems and vendor search systems to current osi. Physical money is dumb. And vendor search is very nice and it gives you a map you can go to or recall too (with a cooldown timer)
deathviper

Post by deathviper »

The Silvertiger wrote:an auction house would be super amazing
As long as there is a banker present.
Bama and The Silvertiger like this.
The Silvertiger

deathviper wrote:
The Silvertiger wrote:an auction house would be super amazing
As long as there is a banker present.
I mean like an actual auction house coded into the game. Such as what WoW and various other games have. It's very close to the vendor search idea, but with added security of claiming an item after it has been bought or won.
Selling List & Vendor

pimpinez

Post by pimpinez »

Lol better when actives just spammed luna lol the White wyrm god very happy.