Automated Event Suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Amish Hammer

Re: Automated Event Suggestions

Post by Amish Hammer »

Could just do a player run event where there is a buy in and the winner gets it all? I know lots of people on this server are paranoid and untrustworthy so itd be hard to take cash from others and let them hold onto it. But if it worked properly and people werent trolling, it would be interesting.
Discord: Amish#1299
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Amish Hammer wrote:Could just do a player run event where there is a buy in and the winner gets it all? I know lots of people on this server are paranoid and untrustworthy so itd be hard to take cash from others and let them hold onto it. But if it worked properly and people werent trolling, it would be interesting.
Player run events are fun and all but you can't match the power of actual scripted events. You also can't just screw people over in them.
Last edited by Legacy on March 24th, 2019, 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucifall
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

Legacy wrote: Player run events are fun and all but you can't match the power of actual scripted events. You also can't just screw people over in it.
Yep! Thats why its rarely done sadly. People dont play fair 100% of the time, so its hard to host a player event. Heck I found a major flaw in an old event I did just recently, not its discouraging me from even trying it again because I know someone will take advantage of it just to get ahead.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

Legacy wrote:What if players could pay gold to start events like CTF and King of the Hill? And what if the rewards were less than the amount paid for starting the event?

Say, 1kk for a 500k payoyut.

Could be an interesting method for making events more frequent and also reducing gold in circulation.
Make it like a poker tournament. EX:

100k entry+10k gold sink fee. Payouts to top 3 if theres at least 10, top 2 if 5-9 players and top 1 for 5 or less participants. For example, with 10 players: 1kk prizepool goes 1st-500k, 2nd-300k, 3rd-200k with 100k in fees in the gold sink.
Will-twins and Legacy like this.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

Bad Religion wrote:
Legacy wrote:What if players could pay gold to start events like CTF and King of the Hill? And what if the rewards were less than the amount paid for starting the event?

Say, 1kk for a 500k payoyut.

Could be an interesting method for making events more frequent and also reducing gold in circulation.
Make it like a poker tournament. EX:

100k entry+10k gold sink fee. Payouts to top 3 if theres at least 10, top 2 if 5-9 players and top 1 for 5 or less participants. For example, with 10 players: 1kk prizepool goes 1st-500k, 2nd-300k, 3rd-200k with 100k in fees in the gold sink.
I agree with yah because demise isnt only an pvp shard seriously i would prefer gm put better loot pack in all dongeon....why an balron paragorn or succubus skeletton dragon paragorn and missing droping nothing good if you compare to an afk farmable miasma or coil or ....
I Vote for loot boossttter that my type of automatized event!!!
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

I agree with Will here.

The only "Boost" we need is boosted loot.

I farm up to 30hours a week sometimes and never see a decent item.

That would also boost the economy with people constantly spending gold on other things besides runic kits/artifacts.
I T-Bagged Vander's corpse and he came back from the dead and attempted to bite my nutsack.
Will-twins likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Loot does definetely need a bump. I'd even PvM again after about 5 years not doing it.

But the pay-per-event thing would be very nice as well. :D
Lucifall
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Loot boost would be a great idea
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Josh

Post by Josh »

Mr Straitions wrote:Loot boost would be a great idea
That’s a stupid fucking idea. Don’t give automated bots better items. Archer jewels are already insane, they don’t need to be more insane. Loot is fine, be patient, it’s not like any of you fucks actually farm.

#afk scripting isn’t playing the game
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

<----- attends his scripts
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Amish Hammer likes this.
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ ... eneration/

Would be lovely to get this, but the automated looters are killing the server, and there is almost no way to get rid of them. Only way I can think about it, the staff need to be more harsh when checking people, people get away with their scripts way to easily.

as for the automated events, pretty sure it could be done, it would just be basic events though.
Josh

Post by Josh »

negotiate features on steam and break the commands people are using. This won't get rid of 100% of scripter pvming bc runuo exists and there are work arounds but it will substantially decrease the amount of afk farming.
Loler

Post by Loler »

I mean I'm not asking for a loot bump in line with pest but loot should definitely get bumped. I attended my sampire at lich's when i first started and looted 300kk in gold and didn't get a single usable jewel in that entire time.

That's roughly 176,000 kills without a single decent item with 1100 luck suit and 400-600 extra luck from honor.

You going to tell me you want to sit there and manually click to kill 176,000 monsters manually loot each corpse manually send each stack of gold?

No you don't which is why you probably don't farm at all.

Don't make every piece 5 mod 100% intensity like pest was but a slight loot bump should seriously be looked into.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Josh

Post by Josh »

It's really not that hard, I did it on pest. Also, I do spawns for money primarily if I'm low on funds. I do not farm though you're correct, don't really need anything.

Also, I highly doubt you didn't get a useful jewel. I used to farm poison elementals with 600 luck and about 7-800 luck from honor for a lot less time and I got a few decent jewels.
I farmed miasmas and got a di hci dci ep brace once too (low intensity on ep or di, cant remember).
But i think the farm is fine. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Loler

Post by Loler »

Doing it on pest and doing it on here are 2 different things. On here the loot is so horrible you have to kill over 200,000 high end mobs and still wont loot a single item worth looting. On pest where everything was 5 mod 100% intensity you can loot perfect jewels manually farming in a few days.

On pest 1 the loot was actually 5 mod 85% intensity max very consistent. On pest 2 they made it so it was actually more random but they made it so you could get 5 mod 100% intensity which wasn't possible on pest 1 it capped out at 85% which is why so many people had 13 hci 13 dci 22 di 20-25 ep jewels. some even had perfect 5th mod stats. On a server with less farmer and only being up 1 year that goes to show how easy it was to get gear there.

Fyi the same 4 mod jewel i just listed sells for 400-500kk here was a common drop on pest.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.