Automated Event Suggestions

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Anthony File

Automated Event Suggestions

Post by Anthony File »

Automated events have been discussed numerous times, the issue I think is finding the right balance that doesnt break game integrity or adds much customization while still creating incentive and community appreciation.

I think Eos adding announcements to the Discord Bot was a great step towards making some of these events possible, and we as players should offer ideas to utilize it to full potential.

I’ll start by spitballing some suggestions and perhaps others can throw some of their ideas out as well.

Our staff reads these posts and generally they’re more receptive to suggestions when they don’t have to dig through the forum sludge, so please keep the topic clean.

1.) Once in a 4-12 hour window a champion spawns at one of the altars and it’s name and location is announced in-game and on Discord. (Felucca/Ilshnear Spawns both included). I think this would create some interesting fights especially if it’s announced 20-minutes prior to the champion spawning that one will soon spawn at a random altar. I also suggest that the champion is made a paragon due to it otherwise being killed too quickly.

2.) Bring back Harrower Assaults, but make them so they’re set-up automatically ingame. Staff Members / Players should be able to pick the date and time based on ingame server time for the event to automatically start once the skulls are donated. This is ideal and would eliminate the need for particular staff members to have to manually set them up, also allowing for flexible event scheduling rather than just on Saturday.

3.) Automated Tournaments: Standard/Field/OSI Casting/Pure Mage - These have been suggested a lot, and I’m surprised we still don’t have them implemented yet. Tournaments currently are very sporadically timed and no one knows when they’re going to be so the turnouts and hype is usually very low. If the rewards are buffed and we have our Discord bot announce them with time to prepare, I know the turnouts will be a LOT better. With the donation store being non-existent, rewarding the cards to 1st/2nd/3rd place would be an ideal step in incentivizing the tournaments further as the small gold checks are a joke.

4.) Along with automated tournaments, we should be fighting for the Vine Cord Sandals at LEAST once every month, the tournament for the sandals should be planned well ahead of time with forum/Discord announcements as well. We manage to auction off the vendor gates every month, we surely can fit in a monthly planned tournament into the schedule too.

5.) Gauntlet Power Hour - Once randomly within 24 hours, an announcement is made and the Doom Gauntlet gate opens in Luna. During this ‘power-hour’ the gauntlet will reward 2x as many points per kill. Once the hour is up, the gate closes and point allocation is adjusted back to the normal rate.
Last edited by Anthony File on March 19th, 2019, 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mr Straitions

Re: Automated Event Suggestions

Post by Mr Straitions »

I'm down for anything that involves rewards. That may sound greedy but I need a reason to log in and play an event. Just PVPing for the sake of PVP is fine, but take Htown for example. We're there for fat loots and PVP.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Bad Seed likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Anthony File wrote:I think Eos adding announcements to the Discord Bot was a great step towards making some of these events possible, and we as players should offer ideas to utilize it to full potential.
Run that by me again. Eos finally has control of the discord or MB created a bot that announces the events?

5) Remove the gate from the suggestion. There wouldn't be a need for gold skulls any more. Just wait for power hour.

Other than that all of these suggestions seem reasonable.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
ortiz and Alvin like this.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

The Silvertiger wrote:
Anthony File wrote:I think Eos adding announcements to the Discord Bot was a great step towards making some of these events possible, and we as players should offer ideas to utilize it to full potential.
Run that by me again. Eos finally has control of the discord or MB created a bot that announces the events?

5) Remove the gate from the suggestion. There wouldn't be a need for gold skulls any more. Just wait for power hour.

Other than that all of these suggestions seem reasonable.

Eos has control of the Discord and has already utilized a bot for in-game announcements.
Demise Bot.png
Demise Bot.png (71.43 KiB) Viewed 3422 times
Eos Admin.png
Eos Admin.png (23.41 KiB) Viewed 3421 times
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Why did we stop doing the tournament of champions(think that was the name)
Was like a 1v1 tourney every week or month, and the winner got those resist sandals that were deleted before the next tourney? Always seemed the have a good turnout and they put up a statue of the winners and shit. Was a kool idea imo
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
Alvin and The Silvertiger like this.
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

Anthony File wrote:[...] Eos has control of the Discord [...]
EoS is only an 'Admin' there; an ex-staff member, MB, remains the owner.

You can hardly call that 'control'. Next time MB gets upset with the real staff he might cause havoc there, or will use the fact that he is in charge of discord as a mean to influence (blackmail? ) staff.

As for the events... I remember 'red gate event' was an idea to make the server active (after certain unfortunate decisions were made and server died down). The suggestions are not bad, but they should NOT be permanent. Events of the sort when they are permanent become boring, and it also seems too... custom for me.
Last edited by Alvin on March 19th, 2019, 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Amish Hammer

Post by Amish Hammer »

sounds fun. I dont pvp, would be nice if they could throw a couple of pvm events in aswell to make it more balanced between both.
The only thing I think would happen is, players naturally want something out of events, so I feel like if the reward isnt good enough, then players just arent interested. So doing weekly random automated events like this would probably just be lead to the same rewards. Like 10k checks or something that isnt game breaking.
Discord: Amish#1299
Loler

Post by Loler »

For #3 its pretty hard to force people to pure mage duel. I haven't seen an option in the pits to actually remove poison being casted at dp. You can remove poisoned weps and the poison skill which allows you to poison an item but not actually change the poison skill it self so it doesnt work with magery.

5) Remove the gate from the suggestion. There wouldn't be a need for gold skulls any more. Just wait for power hour. exactly what i was thinking as a i read it silver already stated it.

People always cry for CTF with a stone that you can start. Personally not a fan myself but I know a lot of people enjoy them.

Also not a huge fan of rewards for automated pvp/pvm events. The summer festival pvp event should get better rewards but I've asked this every year since the pvm event gets darkside dyes. But automated event that happens every 2-8 hours shouldn't give out something to big. This is coming from someone who wins a lot of the tournaments I show up to.
PM me or contact me on discord mortoburger#5040
Buying List
Selling List
Trading Brsk for Arties
My vendor in Luna
Buying Tailor/Smith resets in bulk.
Will-twins

Post by Will-twins »

And dont forget to put short spears 1 handed
Tempest, Alvin and alllex like this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Loler wrote:For #3 its pretty hard to force people to pure mage duel. I haven't seen an option in the pits to actually remove poison being casted at dp. You can remove poisoned weps and the poison skill which allows you to poison an item but not actually change the poison skill it self so it doesnt work with magery.
You could do a system similar to uof where their arenas let you select your template but instead force templates on people like — 120 mage, 120 eval 120 med 100 scribe, 120 resist, 120 wrestle 20 whatever for pure mage tournament style.
Could also force pre-made event suits on them too like 70s all resist 100 lrc 25 hpi 15 sdi 40 lmc 10 mr 45 dci something like that, so people don’t come in shit like hpr suits.
I’m sure it’s not an easy thing to code but definitely do-able.
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Loler wrote:For #3 its pretty hard to force people to pure mage duel. I haven't seen an option in the pits to actually remove poison being casted at dp. You can remove poisoned weps and the poison skill which allows you to poison an item but not actually change the poison skill it self so it doesnt work with magery.

5) Remove the gate from the suggestion. There wouldn't be a need for gold skulls any more. Just wait for power hour. exactly what i was thinking as a i read it silver already stated it.

People always cry for CTF with a stone that you can start. Personally not a fan myself but I know a lot of people enjoy them.

Also not a huge fan of rewards for automated pvp/pvm events. The summer festival pvp event should get better rewards but I've asked this every year since the pvm event gets darkside dyes. But automated event that happens every 2-8 hours shouldn't give out something to big. This is coming from someone who wins a lot of the tournaments I show up to.
I don’t think a set of donation cards once or twice a day through automated tournaments will hurt the economy or the value of them at all, think of all of the other items being brought into the game through various scripting methods. Nothing given from the donation cards has any negative effect to the health of the server, unlike that of the long term impact of afk farmed gold/runics/jewelry/artifacts.

Think of all of the donation cards / holiday tokens that are brought into the game by mass account farms. I’ve seen IDOCs with literally hundreds of holiday gift boxes first hand lol. Wouldn’t it be better to eliminate that as our current main source of donation cards and to instead add value to our tournaments and make people earn them?

As for the Doom suggestion, perhaps if it is announced 30 minutes or so before the “Power Hour” this would allow people time to prep and get to Doom before the event starts, rather than eliminating the need for gold skulls.

Anyways, I’d love to hear some other event suggestions from everyone. These were off the top of my head or compiled from suggestions in the past.
Arden

Post by Arden »

No.
Tempest and Alvin like this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

What if players could pay gold to start events like CTF and King of the Hill? And what if the rewards were less than the amount paid for starting the event?

Say, 1kk for a 500k payoyut.

Could be an interesting method for making events more frequent and also reducing gold in circulation.
Lucifall
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

Legacy wrote:What if players could pay gold to start events like CTF and King of the Hill? And what if the rewards were less than the amount paid for starting the event?

Say, 1kk for a 500k payoyut.

Could be an interesting method for making events more frequent and also reducing gold in circulation.
I'm always for gold sinks

*Edit: good gold sinks
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Arthrutus

Post by Arthrutus »

Or player-ran tournaments where players can 1v1, 2v2, etc. Like the PvP area in the vendor mall except with more options. Would like to see an option to bet gold on my favorite horses and/or contribute to the winning pool (with a goldsink formula of course).