OSI and Demise

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
BeserkerX

OSI and Demise

Post by BeserkerX »

Everyone is giving the staff of demise so much grief about how casting needs fixing and etc....Well news flash Demise isnt going to be exactly like OSI so if you like the rules and setup so much then go play OSI. How about instead always complaining about what isnt correct or like they have it on OSI we give the staff some type of thank you and positive feed back. All everyone does is cry a shit ton on forums and its sad really cause in all honesty no game you play will ever be as you want it fully and instead of focusing on all the wrong just try enjoying the game and the good people an even the bad ones. There is always going to be things that needs fixed on a game and yes its our duty to give feed back on things that could use a little improving but again Demise isnt OSI. I honestly wish all the old demise players were still here i miss them all even the assholes cause all of us make demise what it is as a big dysfunctional family who get on each others nerves.
royal kapero2

Re: OSI and Demise

Post by royal kapero2 »

Bad Religion likes this.
royal kapero2

Post by royal kapero2 »

Quoting your old post I found:
BeserkerX wrote:hey i feel like new people who come to demise could use a small helping hand and if your new and could use help getting started i'd be more then happy to help you. I wanna see demise thrive with new people who want to stay and enjoy pvp and pve cause we could use some new life and faces to make logging in more enjoyable :D . Just hit me with a PM msg and i'll see what i can do to make your new char first time on the server enjoyable and slightly easier. I'm going to setup a New Player Center where i'll stock up on looted items to help new players so if anyone would like to donate to this toss me a PM also and we can work together to bring people to demise.
It requires one's personal talent to take a conclussion of this..

One source of new players are Youtube videos, and some people were attracted by mine but once they learn about Cu sidhes and broken casting, they simply give up after making a first PvPer, which takes 1-2 weeks.. People who give a try are mostly pvpers and are experienced players.. They are not new to UO, but new to Demise mechanics which are hideous in their opinion. It's always welcomed for a player to share his insights but it sounds like we are playing on two different servers without proper research..

Also telling people to play on OSI is a nonsense. Whenever we say OSI casting, we are refering to a model. Because official servers have a way different content now and yet they have a competetive casting that should have been designed on Demise 10 years ago.. We don't want OSI here.
Josh

Post by Josh »

BeserkerX wrote:Everyone is giving the staff of demise so much grief about how casting needs fixing and etc....Well news flash Demise isnt going to be exactly like OSI so if you like the rules and setup so much then go play OSI. How about instead always complaining about what isnt correct or like they have it on OSI we give the staff some type of thank you and positive feed back. All everyone does is cry a shit ton on forums and its sad really cause in all honesty no game you play will ever be as you want it fully and instead of focusing on all the wrong just try enjoying the game and the good people an even the bad ones. There is always going to be things that needs fixed on a game and yes its our duty to give feed back on things that could use a little improving but again Demise isnt OSI. I honestly wish all the old demise players were still here i miss them all even the assholes cause all of us make demise what it is as a big dysfunctional family who get on each others nerves.
This is stupid as fuck and misguided.

Let me show you what the staff says is the goal of demise from the how-to/purpose section of the bug report thread:

https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... p?f=14&t=9
Demise News Network wrote: WHAT WILL GET IMPLEMENTED
There are many features on OSI that players do not like; however, this does not deter Demise from being as much like OSI as possible. We will try to not implement OSI bugs onto Demise; however, making that determination should solely be done by staff/administrators. Just because players do not like an OSI change or think they can code it to be better is no reason to do so. There are very few Demise specific changes that should occur and these are usually coded/tested by staff for staffing purposes.

Currently, Demise's OSI accuracy goal is to implement all publishes up to the last publish before the Stygian Abyss expansion.
Literally written by a former staff member and has never been changed the most recent twist of this was eos saying she would implement “osi but better” and she meant should wouldn’t implement bugs from that time period.

We have posted positive feedback before, like I personally have posted that the osi casting was great for field fighting but had some minor issues (which were just small details it could improve on). As well as said the cu change was awesome.
So to say no one is giving positive feedback is just your selective reading.

Your argument of “go to osi” is actually brain dead as fuck. Osi isn’t actually free if you want to Play more than running around and sight-seeing (their free to play gives you like 16 spaces in the bank, no use of houses and is actually terrible). The reason we play free servers is well they’re free, so fuck off. Also, osi has other issues especially considering High seas has been one of the worst expansions ever and just don’t you know it they don’t have an ml server on osi.

The goal of the staff is NOT TO LOSE MEMBERS. They want to maintain numbers, they do not want the server to go low population bc it becomes more vulnerable to die completely. So going to osi and quitting here doesn’t really help and doesn’t solve anyone’s problems.

Maybe yes we some people (maybe including myself) can be more civilized towards staff (although I’ve stopped being toxic towards them since they’ve actually responded), and criticize based on logic, reason and balancing. The frustration comes from the overall populace’s lack of knowledge of the direction this server is going. Is it going to osi-casting and other osi-like mechanics (from this era)? Is it focused on balancing? Is it going to keep demise casting? It would be delightful if staff enlightened us on the direction they’re thinking of heading in the future. With no knowledge of this, people get annoyed and frustrated and lash out at the staff.

But this “go to osi if you love osi so much” is reminiscent of kids saying “if you love [it] so much why don’t you marry it?” This is a very bad way to view the server and people who have criticism of the server.

Criticize as much as you want in my opinion, assuming you have arguments focused on balancing for pvp/pvm or Quality of life. Criticism breeds discussion, which is healthy to allow the server to be ever-changing and ever-improving instead of becoming and remaining stale.
Legacy likes this.
Legacy

Post by Legacy »

Demise's objective is to be as similar to OSI as possible, as pointed out by Josh above.

Also, we are very thankful for staff for doing what they can do, SPECIALLY EOS, however, recently there was a schism between current and previous staff with some pretty traumatic effects, and we learned that updates were apparently being withheld, hence why a lot of people in the PvP side quit. Some of us also believe that NEW members will join the community if those fixes are implemented, making the shard prosper further.

That's the reason people are pissed and refuse to play until it's changed. Also, take note that everyone was respectful with the requests until very recently and even helped with bug reports, etc.

We are even trying to conciliate different interests from the PvP and PvM side by having those changes only made in Felucca instead of all of the shard, and I made a thread so staff can know for sure what is it that we want.

We also don't want OSI because OSI has it's own huge problems. We want Demise, due to it's nature and it's limitation of up to pre-SA publish 59. In other words, we want ML, not whatever expansion with 10 mod items OSI is currently.
Lucifall
Josh likes this.
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

My brother, I understand you, but at the same time it needs fixed. I really hate the whining. Personally, I don't think they care if anyone quits the server. They just want to make it enjoyable for those that do play while remaining true to their basic goals. In their effort to remain true to their goals they have to be OSI-like but better. The way I see it, if you're going to quit over one thing, after that is fixed you'll find something else to quit over.

I can't remember if you have pvp'd much, but I know your Bro has and for the most part it's a lot better with proper OSI-like casting. Who knows maybe Eos will eventually fix it the rest of the way til it's actually better than OSI.

For me it's like if you're going to quit fine, no problem, but quit whining. The people that whine the most about it can't even be bothered to give feedback in the proper channels. They have to have someone frickin dig around forums and discord to find such feedback and post it.

Anywho, if you just start blocking certain people you will see less of the crap. I can't really do that because I like being a part of fixing stuff and to do that a lot of research is needed including milling through 20 pages of bad your mom jokes just to find one sentence about how some spell is a tidbit fast or something.
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."
Josh

Post by Josh »

The Silvertiger wrote:assuming that was a reference to me .
Yo momma is so dumb she sat on the tv and watched the couch.
Last edited by Josh on March 28th, 2019, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Religion

Post by Bad Religion »

BeserkerX wrote:Everyone is giving the staff of demise so much grief about how casting needs fixing and etc....Well news flash Demise isnt going to be exactly like OSI so if you like the rules and setup so much then go play OSI. How about instead always complaining about what isnt correct or like they have it on OSI we give the staff some type of thank you and positive feed back. All everyone does is cry a shit ton on forums and its sad really cause in all honesty no game you play will ever be as you want it fully and instead of focusing on all the wrong just try enjoying the game and the good people an even the bad ones. There is always going to be things that needs fixed on a game and yes its our duty to give feed back on things that could use a little improving but again Demise isnt OSI. I honestly wish all the old demise players were still here i miss them all even the assholes cause all of us make demise what it is as a big dysfunctional family who get on each others nerves.
fuck you retard
Vander Nars, Bama and Josh like this.
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

Bad Religion wrote:
fuck you retard
So............ what is the word I am looking for ......

.............. so delicate or precise as to be difficult to analyze or describe.

hmmmmm .....fine, fine-drawn, ultra-fine, nice, overnice, minute, precise, narrow, tenuous

maybe .... understated, low-key, muted, toned down, subdued

AH!!!!!!
SUBTLE

LOL
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
BeserkerX

Post by BeserkerX »

:)
DG

Post by DG »

I support OSI era accuracy for PvP purpose only.I believe OSI casting will benefit our shard from many aspects.(https://uogdemise.com/community/viewtop ... 2&start=15).But for pvm,we can bypass the era limitation.Always need new contents for pvm.

I suggest we apply OSI casting fel-wide asap.I just found a bug in the new casting two days ago(https://uogdemise.com/community/viewtop ... 14&t=28769).But I have not yet seen other similar posts with solid proof.I think it is probably because OSI casting haven't been widely tried.Most field fights are still out of the new casting areas.Only real field fights can make ppl understand and adapt to it,more quickly.
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

There is no point in trying to talk to these people BeserkerX, they are all cry baby bitches who cry when they dont get their way.
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Ajani

Post by Ajani »

Bad Religion wrote:
fuck you retard
Example a
Made In Quebec wrote:Some people's pleasure are sticking vegetables up their asses. While it's not my personal cup of tea, they can do as they please, since it's their asshole's.

I find this quite entertaining.
Casting is shit
Bama
Bug Hunter

Post by Bama »

BeserkerX wrote::)
When the Airing of Grievances is over, will you be doing Feats of Strength
Gabba Gabba Hey!!!

哈哈哈
Bad Religion