Legal? - completely block dungeon entrance?

General discussion pertaining to the Demise shard. Off-topic posts will be moderated.
Arden

Legal? - completely block dungeon entrance?

Post by Arden »

So I'm assuming its legal, but wanted to ask:

If you enter the dungeon from the outside your char would be stuck. If you're a ghost, you're 100% stuck, cant help stuck, and cant lift boxes. Yes I know there is another entrance, which is also stupid. So basically

1) can you trap ghosts legally?
2) can you block single entire entrances of dungeons?

Last edited by Arden on July 14th, 2019, 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Josh

Re: Legal? - completely block dungeon entrance?

Post by Josh »

Standard rules of every server ever say you should not be able to fully block an entrance, it's dumb. I don't care if Hz newbs get jailed/banned/whatever this time, but if this is legal, we'll just exploit it and no one will want to pvp.
Dwn Wth Vwls

Post by Dwn Wth Vwls »

FYI that was REQ that did that after we got wiped the first time. I took a screenshot, too.
Alvin likes this.
Arden

Post by Arden »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote:FYI that was REQ that did that after we got wiped the first time. I took a screenshot, too.

oh my bad...can you post your screen please
coveiro likes this.
Josh

Post by Josh »

Dwn Wth Vwls wrote:FYI that was REQ that did that after we got wiped the first time. I took a screenshot, too.
Either team, I dont care about people being jailed just shouldnt be allowed
coveiro

Post by coveiro »

I am that other ghost with leo!!!!!!
Infinite Loop [Loop]
Alvin

Post by Alvin »

I am sorry your ghosts were blocked... we were setting a trap for the players comming in, not to block the people leaving.

Trap didnt work - we did it too late; as we were running away from the enterance there was no time to remove some of the boxes and make way... later we simply forgot about it.
"To be stupid, selfish, and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost."
~Gustave Flaubert
Anthony File

Post by Anthony File »

Alvin wrote:I am sorry your ghosts were blocked... we were setting a trap for the players comming in, not to block the people leaving.

Trap didnt work - we did it too late; as we were running away from the enterance there was no time to remove some of the boxes and make way... later we simply forgot about it.
There you have it, Alvin confessing to illegal blocking which is in clear violation of our rules.
Mr Straitions and coveiro like this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

Anthony File wrote:
Alvin wrote:I am sorry your ghosts were blocked... we were setting a trap for the players comming in, not to block the people leaving.

There you have it, Alvin confessing to illegal blocking which is in clear violation of our rules.
@staff please punish this confessed criminal to the full extent. I'm shocked that he would do such a thing and needs action taken against him as soon as possible. Thank you.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
Josh

Post by Josh »

Hz tryna get Alvin jailed? I guess y’all gotta try to get one W today.

If y’all need some chokepoint tips, pm me, I’ll give you some pointers. Maybe helping y’all play better will force me to actually put spellweaving on my char instead of scribe.
fluffhead321

Post by fluffhead321 »

and people wonder why the server is just about dead
Mordramir likes this.
scatman

Post by scatman »

last fight showed that people are active and waiting for staff to fix the issues.
Leo_Argentina and coveiro like this.
Mr Straitions

Post by Mr Straitions »

fluffhead321 wrote:and people wonder why the server is just about dead
We just had a 2 and a half fight over a harrower. 3 guilds with 10 players each in attendance.

I didn't actually count but there were lots of people there raiding.

People want to play demise. I think they're waiting on staff to be active honestly.

My suggestion is the harrower incentives we discussed earlier, faction changes, and put casting on the back burner until its perfected while reverting to old demise casting in the meantime.

Imagine Halloween town numbers on a consistent basis. It's in staffs hands.
The Silvertiger wrote:If it were about kills and not objectives, then the axis won ww2, by a landslide....
Discord: Alter Ego#1069
TheUnknown0617

Post by TheUnknown0617 »

Blocking a ghost is griefing, so it's illegal in that aspect
Also from my understanding it's legal to block all but 1 tile. Meaning as long as there is 1 tile unblocked to go in/out it's fine, otherwise it's illegal
'It isn't just my guild ... It's a group of friends guild"
-Centurian

Vendor!! https://www.uogdemise.com/community/vie ... =8&t=26620

Discord - outsider#7479
The Silvertiger

Post by The Silvertiger »

I posted this in discord, but I'll post it here too. In the past it has been legal to block one entryway/exit if another was available. As stated, these ghosts can go through star room or destard.

If staff are going to start punishing players for things they allowed in the past they need to clarify all the rules [and punish accordingly] : autolooter, login scripts, different situations of tram and fel griefing, etc...
Never forget June 4th 1989!
Selling List & Vendor

"Screenshots will never be used as evidence but more of a reference tool for us to help in our investigations."